Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2022 - Official Thread

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner

Default Secret Santa 2022 - Official Thread

All right, the official thread. I'm going to state it in the rules below, but I thought I would say it at the top as well to make it harder to miss - everyone who provided input to increase the expected spend for this year's Secret Santa. I am increasing the amount you should expect to spend (before shipping) to $50 (or the equivalent of your local currency).

If you are unfamiliar with how this event works, you can check out our threads from 2021 and 2020 to get an idea.

As I said from the previous thread, I will be assuming everyone who confirmed there will actually be participating. I have added your usernames to the list, but if you gave us a confirmation in this thread, that would be appreciated. If you are having second thoughts or something comes up preventing you from participating, that is okay - just let me know.

Now let's get this started! Here are the rules:

1. Don't sign up if you can't or won't follow through. You need to be an active member, a well-known member, or vouched for by an active or well-known member to participate.

2. Signups are open now until November 18, which is when everyone will be matched up and wish lists will be sent out to their respective Santas. People have already mentioned they would like to participate, so if we have a good amount of people and no one else responds, I might kick it off early.

3. The value of your gift(s) should be approximately $50 before taking shipping into account. If you want to be more generous, that is perfectly fine as well.

4. Feel free to add anything from video games to non-game related items on your list. Digital games are also allowed, but if you go the digital route, please add some sort of physical item(s) to your list. You are encouraged to include pricier items in case your Santa is feeling generous. Please try to have at least 16 items on your list.

5. Gifts should be mailed by December 9 at the latest unless you are willing to ship via an expedited service. If for some reason you won't be able to meet that time frame, please let me know. I do not want any misunderstandings to happen because of a lack of communication. Please send me your tracking number after you ship your package so I can pass it on to your recipient.

6. Make sure the address you provide is safe, secure, and will not provide any issues for deliveries. For example, if you know that packages you order often get delivered to your neighbor's house, you might want to provide your work address.

7. It is mandatory to participate in this event to the full extent if you sign up. Please drop out before the deadline if you do not think you will follow through. Here are a few examples of ways to be reported as well as banned from future Secret Santa events run by me:

a. Your recipient puts Othello for NES, 10 games in the $5-15 range, and three games in the $50 range on their list and all you send them is Othello.
    b. Your recipient puts "low budget horror schlock VHS" on their list and all you send them three different Sweatin' to the Oldies Richards Simmons tapes.
    c. You do not send anything to your recipient and/or completely disappear after lists have been given out to everyone.

I think that gives the general idea, but if you are unsure about this rule, please feel free to ask me about it. I will attempt to right the ship if I feel like anyone has been screwed over.

8. The most important rule is to have fun!

Also, let me know if you don't want to shop for me since it won't exactly be secret.

Please use the following sign up sheet format for when you PM me your list:

Forum Alias:
    Shipping Name/Address:
    Willing to ship internationally? (yes/no):
    Condition (complete, boxed, mint, loose, etc.):
    Wish List:

List of people participating (bold = list has been submitted):

BubsyFan1
    WarmSignal
    Blades
    JCU
    Spendle
    robotscandance
    Assault9
    Baloo
    ComradeOJ
    TrekkiesUnite118
    Last edited by BubsyFan1; 11-19-2022 at 04:15 AM.

Submitted my list!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Yessss, I'll submit my list later.

list sent!

We're off and running from the start this year!

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

List submitted! I'm glad the suggested value was increased to $50. Games have just been going up and up, so it's hard to shop with a lower budget.
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

Almost there! Last weekend, I sent PMs to some U.K. folk who aren't on the participants list to make everyone's shipping and buying situations easier, but I have not heard back yet. Thought I might as well put it on blast to see if that would work.

You can sign me up as well. I sent you my list.

It looks like we're probably just waiting on Blades now. Surprise entries would be welcome though.

Sorry guys! I'll do mine ASAP.

Hey Blades, your inbox is full. If you can get me your list by tonight, that would be great. Thanks!

Sent. My life has been hectic, hope I made it in time!

It's all good. It seems like one regular has to be waited for every year, right? I've been quite busy the last couple of days myself, which is why I didn't pester you more. Hopefully you're not dealing with anything too serious.

I should have all of the lists sent out to the appropriate people within the next thirty minutes or so. Let me know if you think I messed up.

this thread is kind of a ghost town. How's everyone progressing? I'm still waiting for my items to arrive and then I should be able to get them shipped out!

I have my gifts, was hoping to check out one or two more stores in town to see if there was anything else on the list I could get my secret Santa. I just need to wrap what I have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information