Quantcast

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Street Fighter II

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

I like gore
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

I disagree, you inter-toads!

Mortal Kombat 2/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3/Mortal Kombat Trilogy have a sizeable following and apart from their "gimmick" are highly playable, with many combo videos and (non-official) tournaments of the game having been made.

The recent 3D MK installments have more than made up for "Mortal Kombat 4", "Mortal Kombat Mythologies", "Mortal Kombat Annihilation" (the second movie), "Mortal Kombat: Special Forces" and "Mortal Kombat Advance", all of which damn near killed the franchise up until 2001.

So back off, or I'll dump a garbage truck full of every copy of every Genesis sports title on you!

Have they really? I pretty much gave up on the series after I rented MK4 and vomited.

Of course, I also had the flu, but it didn't help.

And again, I'm glad that most people pretty much agree here. If anything, I was basing it on the game itself, not how this started Capcom keeping Street Fighter II going for years and years.

I can't stand Mortal Kombat's graphics (on any system or arcade). They are atrocious. Also the whole game reeks of western programming which is generally quite bad even to this day.

I pretty much gave up on the series after I rented MK4 and vomited. Of course, I also had the flu, but it didn't help.
    LOL.

Mortal Kombat 2/Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3/Mortal Kombat Trilogy have a sizeable following...
    Again, nostalgia over a fad.

Mortal Kombat is the one of the most repugnant game series I have ever played. Crappy digitized graphics, terrible control and hair pullingly, scalp bleedingly frustrating gameply make for a mediocre and somewhat insanity inducing gaming experience.
    Long live Street Fighter!.
    Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33Ghz, 2 GB Samsung DDR2, GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB, 320 Gb Maxtor, Logitech wireless

I have ALWAYS despised the Mortal Kombat 2D games, and not just because I'm a SF2 addict. And while I'd love to say that the game sold on shock value alone, I do have a couple of friends who swear by it and do not know any fatalities.

Give credit where credits due: the last couple of 3D Mortal Kombat games have been pretty good. For 3D fighters at least.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

I heard that Deception was supposed to be a pretty good 3D fighter. Then I played it, and learned otherwise. I guess it's better than MK4, but just because it's an improvement on utter shite doesn't make it good. It's mediocre at best, and that's being generous. The newer Mortal Kombat games have absolutely nothing on Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur (1), or anything else. I dare say that even Tekken is slightly better.

Then again, I was never a fan of Mortal Kombat to begin with. The moves are dumb and the AI is ridiculously cheap. I can appreciate the fact that people wanted to rally around some sort of alternative to give Street Fighter II a big rival, but they should've chosen Samurai Shodown or something. Now that is a fighter that does a lot to distinguish itself from Street Fighter and is still awesome.
    Last edited by j_factor; 12-15-2007 at 03:43 PM.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

I'm still a fan of the old 2D games, with 2 being a personal fave. The first one pretty much is only around because it's Mortal Kombat, not because it's good.

I still pop open Trilogy for the PSX once in awhile, turn on the 1-button fatalities (cause I'm lazy) and hope I don't face Jade. It's still fun even if not as good as we once though it was.

Yeah, seriously - who would play a 3D MK when there's Soul Calibur II lying around? BTW, is there a 3D Samurai Shodown?

There were two Samurai Showdown games for the ill fated Neo Geo Hyper 64 arcade hardware

I think the colored backgrounds are ugly, and the sound was worse than the previous Street Fighter II games. I prefer Street Fighter II:Championship edition myself.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playgen
    There were two Samurai Showdown games for the ill fated Neo Geo Hyper 64 arcade hardware
    And they sucked.

With the exception of Cool Cool Toon, SNK should never have made any 3D games.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Why was Mortal Kombat being discussed? That hateful game is not worthy of being mentioned in a Street Fighter topic - we might as well discuss Eternal Champions or Clay Fighter, both of which are utter tosh when compared to the awesomeness of Super Street Fighter 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Lets drop down it even further and start talking about Time Killers.

Thread Information