Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Wrestlemania

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

"Airplane!" and "Logan's Run" are both PG and both contain nudity.

That has more to do with them being made before PG-13 came about but whatever.

Join the USA/NZ strike force team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    a swedish android, awakened by the touch of Ral Julia...

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak
    "WWF Super Wrestlemania" by Acclaim/Sculptured Software. First-ever wrestling video game to sell a million copies (both SNES and Genesis versions combined), mostly due to copies being given away to those who ordered Wrestlemania 8 & 9..........for free. Acclaim overproduced the HELL out of this game, like they did with most of their mostly crappy softs.

Okay.........so I lied about that. Only because I have a horrible, kinda traumatic Genesis-related story to tell about this HORRIBLE wrestling game.......

Back around 1996, I was (figuratively) bouncing around all of my Genesis-owning friend's houses with my copy of "Mortal Kombat 3" in tow, shilling it every chance I got. It cost $70, it was a 32 MEGA POWER cart, it was a late '95 Genesis release that came in a CLAMSHELL case and most importantly it was a great conversion of the coin-op, so damn right I was glad to have it!

This one time, that same year, I went with an older cousin to visit a Genesis-owning friend of his. He mostly had crappy, common games so we were all mostly playing my l33t softs that I brought over, including MK3. I noticed that my cousin's friend was especially fixated and in awe of my MK3 cart, holding it and viewing it for more times than I felt comfortable........letting him do so. (The cart, not me.) Occasionally I noticed him playing with the cart's loose label (my copy's label had a difficult time remaining on from the very beginning......chalk it up to Acclaim's crappy packaging) but didn't pay much mind to it. We stayed a few hours, and then I took all of my softs and we left.

Later on, when we got to my cousin's house (also a Genesis owner), I looked at my MK3 cart and noticed it looked kind of weird. The cart looked a bit dirtier and had some scuffs. On a whim, I decided to try it out on the Genesis. I see a copyright screen come up and it does mention "Sculptured Software" (who developed both Super WM and MK3)......but it wasn't MK3's copyright screen, it was that of "WWF Super Wrestlemania", a random cart I remember seeing at the house we were just at. First figuring that I discovered some hidden game inside the cart (think "Sonic 3D Blast"'s hidden level select, achieved by nudging the cart during gameplay). Seconds later, THIS horrid title screen with its horrible music came up:

http://sega-16.com/review_images/1000/1.gif

I officially began freaking out; this was NOT my copy of MK3, it was fuggin' WWF SUPER WRESTLEMANIA. I checked the cart some more and it finally dawned on me.......... that bastard friend of my cousin's switched the labels on MY MK3 cart and HIS Super WM cart! No wonder I saw him trying to peel off my label. Me and my cousin were livid, and immediately stormed back to his friend's house where my cousin told the punk off and threathened him if he didn't return my MK3 cart. His friend look surprised and got caught completely off guard, not expecting the heist to be revealed so quickly.

I soon got my MK3 cart back, but not too long after I got tired of keeping its peeling label off so I chucked the label. Around two years or so later, mid-late 1998ish, I simply left my MK3 cart inside a black bag on top of a heap of garbage on some ghetto street............inside a Genesis 2 w/Sega CD 2 attached to it also inside the bag. And then I simply walked away, and that was the end of my beloved copy of MK3, and the Sega wares I had dumped due to not being able to sell them anywhere.

Since that incident, I've had a STRONG disdain for the Genesis "Super Wrestlemania", but actually got the superior (which really isn't saying much) SNES versions years later. All in all, your best bets for Acc-Lame's 16-Bit wrestling games are the 32X version of "WWF RAW" (best version of that game, most advanced version of the engine) and "WWF Rage in the Cage" for the Sega CD (combines the rosters of both SNES and Genesis versions of "WWF Royal Rumble" plus additional exclusive wrestlers, exclusive crappy cage match option, no tag-team matches).
    Aarzak when are you going to start publishing some of your posts as articles, they are generally entertaining and you are obviously very informed, seems a shame to just pop them into threads when they could be in Stories from the book of genesis etc etc

Regarding this game, it gets a 2 for comedic value, because quite frankly it stinks!
    Along with the WWE, which has gone from mind numbing to down right brain dead.....
    "Age badly is something women do, games are good or bad when they are released. "

"It's like watching Runic stones by vikings here in Tby: not beautiful compared to Mona Lisa, but damn fine stuff for their time, as Phantasy Star II is, and that is why I enjoy it."

Zebbe speaks on the quality of how 16-bit games hold up against modern counterparts 28/07/07 beautiful

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

had good times with this game , it may suck a bit now ,but it was very fun when your 5-6 years old
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

i got superwrestlemania "wwf raw" and "wrestlemania the arcade game" and once i played the arcade game i just cant play the others anymore i mean when vince yells yokozuna it just gives me chills and his sandbag attack is so cool
    Last edited by bohokii; 01-21-2010 at 04:36 PM.

make sure and visit my album

Playing Super WrestleMania is equivalent to pissing on yourself.

Are You OKAY?!?! Road Rasher JackieBogard's Avatar

I have WWf Wreslemania, Royal RUmble, Raw and Arcade for Genesis also have WM:Arcade for 32x..need to get Raw for 32x..

Wrestlemania: TAG is the only wrestling game worth a damn on the Genesis.......and its more of a fighting game than a wrestling too.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    Playing Super WrestleMania is equivalent to pissing on yourself.
    You mean it gives you that nice warm feeling when you play it?

HaHa, that's pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    You mean it gives you that nice warm feeling when you play it?
    yea and when you are done you feel dirty and your friends look at you funny

make sure and visit my album

Thread Information