Quantcast

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Well, after asking in this thread about it, I decided to educate myself. This arrived in the mail yesterday. I won't be reading this like a novel, its a textbook after all. I'm sure I can gain a decent amount of knowledge by going through sections of it from time to time.

There's even a section on the Motorola 68k and its assembly language, so I'm actually surprised this book isn't already quite popular among Gen/MD fans. I'll probably find out soon that the content of the book is useless for Sega fans, but I'm still interested.
    Last edited by Mad Moham; 02-11-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

If you followed the House of Cards series, you would know that he used to make "the best damn ribs in town".

Reg E. Cathey

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Come dance on my floor Master of Shinobi Crystalpepsifan's Avatar

Anyone play the Shadow of collosus remake? Makes me wish I had a proper 4k tv.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Cool, these yours then? Do they work?

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    No, sir. They're certainly not mine. lol

No idea wrt any functionality.

Apparently they are both non-working prototype cases sent to the US and Europe to see which would be selected as the final design of the Saturn.

Anthaemia over at the SegaSaturnUK forums posted some videos from Youtube of someone handling the prototypes so that it can be see underneath etc.

Here's the thread on the SegaSaturnUK forums.

http://segasaturngroup.proboards.com...dware-surfaces

Angry Liberal Arts Major Hero of Algol Iron Lizard's Avatar

Anyone get buyers on Ebay or Etsy that hound you with like 35 pointless questions with their final question being a lowball offer? Some sort of sick strategy to get a lower price.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

I remember when I was like 13, I hardcore low-balled this guy selling bike parts and he said something like "thats so bloody insulting I could swear at you".

Also is there any news on Catalonia?
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Thierry and Stu, thanks for the replies, very interesting.

Does anyone else think its kind of weird that Ready Player One (the book) became popular? I can't imagine any of the kids being excited about a book with as many 1950s references when I was growing up in the 1980s.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Inside the desperate fight to keep old TV's alive

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16...gaming-vintage
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Wildside Expert EternalChampion's Avatar

I can prove God exists. If I could just find that receipt from that brunch we had in heaven.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    Does anyone else think its kind of weird that Ready Player One (the book) became popular? I can't imagine any of the kids being excited about a book with as many 1950s references when I was growing up in the 1980s.
    My father in law just asked me if I had that book. Iíd never heard of it, but now I guess I should look into it.

And I think every generation eventually has its moment in the rose-colored spotlight, but it seems like the pattern that is developing is that the big moments happen every 30 years. 80s nostalgia is huge right now, the 50s era was pretty popular (and is still relevant).

Itís funny to think that people in the 2040s might be nostalgic about the 2010ís (although I canít imagine about what specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Iíd never heard of it, but now I guess I should look into it.
    I only discovered it by accident, I was in a bookstore and I thought the cover looked interesting. I was surprised to find out that its was already a popular story. It looks like you won't have to wait long before you can watch the movie instead of reading it:

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    And I think every generation eventually has its moment in the rose-colored spotlight, but it seems like the pattern that is developing is that the big moments happen every 30 years. 80s nostalgia is huge right now, the 50s era was pretty popular (and is still relevant).
    I think you're absolutely right, things from 30 years ago seem to come back round in popularity. The strange thing to me is that I seem to remember my parents and their friends being the ones that were nostalgic for the 50s, whereas the 80s nostalgia present today seems to come from teenagers as well as older people. Maybe my memory is kind of skewed, perhaps if I went back to the 80s I would actually see younger people that were interested in the 50s too. Are today's kids nostalgic for AIDS and impending nuclear war too?

Bring on the noise! WCPO Agent Bones Justice's Avatar

Maybe thirty years is far enough back that you don't tend to relate it to what was popular with your parents.
    Slayer-1: "Minus 210 degrees...minus 215...minus 220. Why are you still standing?"

Bones: "My will...will not die."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ-iQfP3mFs

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Nostalgia for the concept of "a little while ago", though there were a few missteps taken prior to the experiment.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated
    BitChute - Fragmented, but functional

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalpepsifan View Post
    Anyone play the Shadow of collosus remake? Makes me wish I had a proper 4k tv.
    My friend has, complete with 4K and HDR. Pretty nice. Video games are starting to look surreally good.

Thread Information