Quantcast

Page 2224 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 122417242124217422142220222122222223222422252226222722282234 ... LastLast
Results 33,346 to 33,360 of 33526

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Whoohooo!! the recently dumped Mortal Kombat 3 Prototype for Genesis contained the Graveyard music!

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    This obsession with thornography is disturbing.
    Hey have some respect I'm a professional Ģornographer.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

RIP Gilbert Gottfried

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    My ability of making a film has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the quality of his films nor does it excuse his follies. Lucas has an impressive list of successful films as well as not so impressive work.

The response of Episode 1 is out there for all to gauge and it has been there for over twenty years. Ignoring or disliking it doesn't change a thing. It is not any coincidence how the most hated character and most hated film seems to share a number of similarities.

The reason(s) why the prequels and the last Indiana Jones were poorly received (response not box office money) is because Lucas could not meet the hype surrounding each franchise. Indy had almost twenty years between films and Star Wars was sixteen. The expectations were high and perhaps too high. Think of it like a sequel to Half Life 2. It would be episode 2? The expectations are just so high because of the wait and I bet if we get a true sequel, it'll be a let down.
    Like I said it's very easy to call out the likes of Lucas, not many have been able to better or outdo Star Wars, that's just the way it is. If Lucas did nothing else, he penned and directed Star Wars; not many will ever top or beat Star Wars and please don't think that means I love Star Wars and think they're the best films going. Next to nobody been able to beat Star Wars for a space opera

Also, I don't say this to wind you up or troll you. I simply don't go on or care about herd mentality. I consistently see either Zelda 64 or Mario 64 being rated as the game ever made, neither would make my top ten no matter how many times wither, win's awards or gets voted Best Game Ever. I didn't mind Ep1 or indeed Ep2, it was EP3 I found to be crap (bar the end) I also found EP9 to be poor. I didn't Jar Jar Binks, but then again I didn't like C-3PO, but I have to remember the film is made for kids and no doubt many loved both My biggest issue with Ep1 was the crap script and I hated the design of the space ships, it did have the best light saber dual mind IMO

You can't put all the blame of Crystal Skull on Lucas, he only came up with the story and as a massive fan of the TV Ancient Aliens, I love the myths of Crustal Skulls, links to Aliens helping the Incas ECT. It was the execution of the film that fell flat for me.. The acting wasn't great; Harrison Ford looked like he didn't care or could walk and John Hurt was made to look like a laughing stock.

Also, despite Steven Spielberg saying in an interview that Crystal Skull would still be a largely practical film, more so for stunts. It was full of CGI and the chase in the Jungle, was utterly silly and almost all faked and CGI, compared to the famous chase in the 1st Indy film, it was an utter letdown
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

"You're not allowed to criticize something because you can't do better, now I hate these games that people say are good but not good"

Remake Geist Force!

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Lucas getís bagged on, because he set the bar so high with the 1st trilogy, that it would be pretty hard to top. Even so, Lucas Films movies are absolutely outstanding when it comes to cinematography, sound and special effects. They are a tier above everyone else in the industry.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-13-2022 at 06:18 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

Just saw this on stream highlights and thought it was interesting. It might be old news for those in the know.

Fred Ford talks about the canceled plans for Star Control 2 for the Sega CD and how it was saved by the 3DO.
    @ 4:44 , it's the highlight towards the bottom link where Fred discussed funding for SC2

https://www.reddit.com/r/uqm2/commen...hts_225224822/

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Lucas getís bagged on, because he set the bat so high with the 1st trilogy, that it would be pretty hard to top. Even so, Lucas Films movies are absolutely outstanding when it comes to cinematography, sound and special effects. They are a tier above everyone else in the industry.
    Rofl

Remake Geist Force!

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Snake Venom 🐍

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Rofl
    It's absolutely true. The prequels and the last 3 movies have not fared as well with most fans. Disney's version of Star Wars is LOL bad.

I could see the Lucas of the 80s' seeing the prequels and saying "WTF have you done to my story old man?"
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I think American Graffiti is the best movie Lucas ever made. I wish they'd do a new 4k scan of it and release it on UHD. Sadly, I think because of all the licensed music, it's pricey to release, so it may never get another physical copy. The existing blu ray was an early one, so it has a lot of dnr and edge enhancement. Just doesn't look great. It was the first major studio movie to have a soundtrack composed entirely of popular music diegetically, and while that's part of it's charm and overall unique atmosphere, I'm sure that's been a big roadblock over the years when it comes to home releases. There are multiple cuts of it floating around as well due to some changes from its initial theatrical release and a later theatrical release in the early 80s I believe. And unfortunately, the original 1973 theatrical release has never been made available on home video. So, more than another billionth Star Wars release, I'd love to see Lucas' Amefican Graffiti get some proper attention. I actually don't think Disney/Lucasfilm has anything to do with it though, pretty sure it's owned by Universal.

I'd buy a 4K remaster of American Graffiti; it's a film classic! Another movie of his that I was quite amazed with was THX 1138. The story kind of drags in the beginning, but once the main character makes his escape, the movie becomes a visual marvel for its time. Those glowing radiation pellets were a neat effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    "You're not allowed to criticize something because you can't do better, now I hate these games that people say are good but not good"
    I'm on about the ones mainly on Social Media who call out Cameron or Lucas and say they can do better, when in practice, it's not so easy. Like I said many football fans say or think they can manage or run their Club better, despite most not having any experience of being a manager of a club, much less owning one

I didn't think the prequels were that bad, well EP3 was. I've seen far worse films even for big time directors, not least Star Wars Ep 9 or Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal and then you have utter sh8t films like Ghostbusters 2016, Batman & Robin, Terminator dark fate (i can't belive how bad that film was)

Still, everyone got different views on good and bad films. I didn't find Howard The Duck bad at all, even if it's one of the most hated films of all time and can't wait for Avtar 2 and 3.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I'm on about the ones mainly on Social Media who call out Cameron or Lucas and say they can do better, when in practice, it's not so easy. Like I said many football fans say or think they can manage or run their Club better, despite most not having any experience of being a manager of a club, much less owning one

I didn't think the prequels were that bad, well EP3 was. I've seen far worse films even for big time directors, not least Star Wars Ep 9 or Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal and then you have utter sh8t films like Ghostbusters 2016, Batman & Robin, Terminator dark fate (i can't belive how bad that film was)

Still, everyone got different views on good and bad films. I didn't find Howard The Duck bad at all, even if it's one of the most hated films of all time and can't wait for Avtar 2 and 3.
    One doesn't need to be a football coach in order recognize a bad call or a bad play and a person merely critiquing a poor movie/strategy/game doesn't remotely suggest or imply he/she can do better. You are so hard up on dismissing an opinion if one can't do better even if they have never suggested such a thing. In a way that is almost like putting your fingers in your ears and yelling so you don't hear.

A great many people love and adore Mario 64 and OOT. Nowadays you can't get many people to agree on much so when they do, it says something. IMO the n64 was a travesty but I also recognize a great many people love it and hold a particular attachment to certain games. Can I say Superman 64 was crap even though I haven't designed a game?

Thread Information