Quantcast

Page 2199 of 2205 FirstFirst ... 11991699209921492189219521962197219821992200220122022203 ... LastLast
Results 32,971 to 32,985 of 33063

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Yeah, I see it. that's genetics for ya.

some people just have very defining features, like how eh.. Paul Stanley (KISS) looks very much like Nasim Najafi Aghdam. (the youtube shooter)
    well, when he was younger anyway.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Yeah, I see it. that's genetics for ya.

some people just have very defining features, like how eh.. Paul Stanley (KISS) looks very much like Nasim Najafi Aghdam. (the youtube shooter)
    well, when he was younger anyway.
    Wicked Lester Paul Stanley or what?

Kentaro Miura of Berserk has passed away.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Wait, Kamala's dead? Shit, I didn't know. I really liked him as a wrestler even with the totally ludicrous gimmick he was given. You can play as him on Rage in the Cage for the Mega CD. As far as I'm aware that was the only wrestling game he ever appeared in, but I could be wrong. Rage in the Cage has an amazing roster, pity about the lack of gameplay modes though. It was crying out for tag team and Royal Rumble modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Wait, Kamala's dead? Shit, I didn't know. I really liked him as a wrestler even with the totally ludicrous gimmick he was given. You can play as him on Rage in the Cage for the Mega CD. As far as I'm aware that was the only wrestling game he ever appeared in, but I could be wrong. Rage in the Cage has an amazing roster, pity about the lack of gameplay modes though. It was crying out for tag team and Royal Rumble modes.
    The dude had no legs and was living in poverty the last many years of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    even with the totally ludicrous gimmick he was given.
    Eh, ludicrous gimmicks were always the best part about wrestling, I miss those days. I'm not a fan of the flippity midgets that put on nonstop acrobat shows these days.
    No sir, I like seeing Sandman take 10 minutes to reach the ring, I loved seeing Macho Man talk about being the cream of the crop! seeing Undertaker sit up or a redheaded angry Roddy Piper.

They might be gone, but they're still wrestling in my Fire Pro till the day I die!

Eh, ludicrous gimmicks were always the best part about wrestling, I miss those days. I'm not a fan of the flippity midgets that put on nonstop acrobat shows these days.
    No sir, I like seeing Sandman take 10 minutes to reach the ring, I loved seeing Macho Man talk about being the cream of the crop! seeing Undertaker sit up or a redheaded angry Roddy Piper.

They might be gone, but they're still wrestling in my Fire Pro till the day I die!

Remember the Bushwhackers? LOL, they were great. I remember going to the Utica NY War Memorial Auditorium 3 times when I was young. My Dad & Uncle took me. Seeing Randy Savage come out to the ring with this cape that glimmered everywhere with the light hitting it, it was like watching a real superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    it was like watching a real superhero.
    Yeah, totally. that was always their biggest selling point. it was like seeing real life action figures have exciting stories.
    now its just.. blandie mcbland flipping off the top rope and doing a quadruple moonsault just so Meltzer will give the match 10 stars.

then afterwards they'll cut a promo and say "EVEN THOUGH WRESTLING ISNT REAL THAT BUMP REALLY HURT! SO LETS ALL JUST SHOW RESPECT TOWARDS THESE ATHLETES!"

Yeah I know its not real, but you don't have to be so fucking obvious about it.

John Cena is groveling to the ChiComs. BOO! HISS! BOO!

1997 WCW Nitro is the best era ever in wrestling IMO. Tho AE era Kane is my fave wrestler of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iced Snowman View Post
    John Cena is groveling to the ChiComs. BOO! HISS! BOO!
    Back in the day they would have repackaged Cena as a traitor who came out to some Chinese rap music only for him to stand in the ring and say "I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR CHINESE OVERLORDS!"
    These days.. he publicly apologizes and hugs some kids with cancer and then does another movie where he's a marine who saves children in Afghanistan and everybody stops caring about it a week later.

Fuck I miss when wrestling would just do unpolitical correct shit just to get viewers.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Oh don't get me wrong, the late 80's/early 90's is my favourite era of WWF, the likes of which we'll never see again due in large part to society becoming so easily offended and totally lacking a sense of humour. Tatanka not even being a real native American, I.R.S calling everybody dirty tax cheats before every match, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase having a black man servant called Virgil who he treated like crap, Macho Man clearly being off his face on coke during most of his commentary gigs...the whole thing was just entertainment gold.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I was all about WWF in the 80s and early 90s, and ECW and WCW in the mid to late 90s. The Sandman killing a 6er of Bud and puffing a Marlboro on the way to the ring, and Joey Styles screaming "Oh my God!" while Sabu and RVD put on an epic match. ECW was awesome during that era. And the whole NWO era of WCW was just must-see wrestling. I can remember getting together with buddies for Monday Nitro and weekend PPVs back then. NWO for life, homies.

But after that, I was in my 20s and had moved on with my life. Pretty sure Vince McMahon came along and bought and ruined everything around the turn of the millennium anyway. I wouldn't mind going back and watching some of that classic stuff on VHS one of these days though.

Thread Information