Quantcast

Page 2173 of 2173 FirstFirst ... 1173167320732123216321692170217121722173
Results 32,581 to 32,590 of 32590

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin Z View Post
    It does absolutely FUCK ALL to deal with Win10's "go fuck yourself" approach to DVD DRM authentication. The same for every other media player and codec pack, because it's not a codec issue. This also applies to VOB files. The only discs or VOBs that will play are from public domain cartoon DVDs from dollar stores. If you can miraculously play all DVDs in Windows 10 without ERROR: DRM FAIL popping up, then consider yourself fortunate. I'd still be using Windows 7 if it wasn't allergic to my processor and motherboard chipset, and Linux would die from anaphylactic shock even trying to dick with it.
    Ah my bad, I thought you meant for general DVD playback. TBH, I rarely use DVDs on my PC, but when I do, I usually have to use AnyDVD to get around the DRM, then I rip the disc with Handbrake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Hands down one of the best Arnie films (and one of my favourite films in general) is The Running Man. Man has that film turned out to be prophetic.
    Oh yeah, Running Man is one of the best. I def feel the same way there. Esp the music.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Imagine if there was a spinoff of Zone of the Enders that played like a hybrid of a Sidescrolling & top-down shmup with hack n slash elements. Not to mention a killer OST. Would you want to play that? If you say yes. Why have you not played Astebreed yet? https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...itive_Edition/

If you say no then cannot help a man without a soul.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Re-watching Knightmare. Great show, def recommend it to anyone who's not British. The kids they get on it are thick as wood tho.

The Running Man wouldn't be what it is and was without Richard Dawson. He made the show, IMO. Yaphet Kotto was also a gem and quite underappreciated with his contributions to cinema.

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Do you think they deliberately put thick, or thick to the right enough degree, people on gameshows so that viewers feel more intelligent and are likely to keep watching?

I loved that show, the opening theme was cool.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    The Running Man wouldn't be what it is and was without Richard Dawson. He made the show, IMO. Yaphet Kotto was also a gem and quite underappreciated with his contributions to cinema.
    Completely agree about Yaphet Kotto. The guy was in some of the greatest films ever. Live and Let Die, Alien, Running Man... Yaphet oozed class.

Oh and happy 4th of July to our American friends!

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Do you think they deliberately put thick, or thick to the right enough degree, people on gameshows so that viewers feel more intelligent and are likely to keep watching?
    I meant thick as in "thick as shit". Knightmare was good, but the contestants usually made really boneheaded decisions. I might be being a little too harsh, but they did usually fail doing something stupid.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    I meant thick as in "thick as shit". Knightmare was good, but the contestants usually made really boneheaded decisions. I might be being a little too harsh, but they did usually fail doing something stupid.
    I bloody loved Knightmare as a kid! Yeah you're right, some of the contestants were very slow, but to be fair it was a very difficult game and, if memory serves, only a handful of contestants ever actually beat the thing during the entire life of the show. "Welcome, watchers of illusion, to the castle of confusion."

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Re-watching Knightmare. Great show, def recommend it to anyone who's not British. The kids they get on it are thick as wood tho.
    I loved the theme music to Knightmare. I had forgotten how it went for a long time, then I heard it on a YouTube video. Great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    I bloody loved Knightmare as a kid! Yeah you're right, some of the contestants were very slow, but to be fair it was a very difficult game and, if memory serves, only a handful of contestants ever actually beat the thing during the entire life of the show. "Welcome, watchers of illusion, to the castle of confusion."
    Yeah, it was a tough game, but I think most of them were cracking under pressure. Being on tv and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Sorry Cleeg, I read your post early this morning when I was half-asleep and didn't read it properly. The kids were pretty geeky most of the time, I just think nerves got the best of them tbh. I don't think they were stupid in general, just they came across as morons when put on the spot like that.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    I loved the theme music to Knightmare. I had forgotten how it went for a long time, then I heard it on a YouTube video. Great show.
    Yeah, the whole lot's up on Youtube, including the 2013 special with Ashen. Even the godawful VR pilot is up on there.

Thread Information