Quantcast

Page 2219 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 121917192119216922092215221622172218221922202221222222232229 ... LastLast
Results 33,271 to 33,285 of 33530

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Tron and The Black Hole! Great movies produced before Disney went off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Tron and The Black Hole! Great movies produced before Disney went off the rails.
    Black Hole was quite the film. It felt like no one involved in production knew what they wanted from the film.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

I've been saying for years E3 is dying. Now it is officially no more. E3 is dead. RIP 1995-2021

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Black Hole was quite the film. It felt like no one involved in production knew what they wanted from the film.
    Sometimes that results in a great film.

The two I mentioned were quite memorable. Trying new things and pushing the boundaries sums it up. IMO that was a great era for Disney with its other offerings such as Flight of the Navigator, Captain E.O. (maybe not technically Disney per se), etc..,

I liked Black Hole more than Star Wars. Tron was and still is amazing. Return to Oz and the Muppets Christmas Carol were awesome too
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Correct. I also really love The Last Starfighter. I know it's not Disney but that movie has so much charm and yes I know the influence is strong with SW. The effects have not aged well but like Tron, it had ambitious effects for the time. It's a crime we do not have a modern TLS game. I don't need a movie sequel but a game sequel would be amazing.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I was playing a fighting game this evening on the Series X, using this MK fighting pad, and it got fried after maybe 15-20 minutes of gameplay. I originally got it a few years back for the XB1, and never had any issues with it. However, this was the first time I used it with the new console. It's wired USB.

I can tell you that I have a static electricity problem in my basement this time of year. When I'm sitting in my chair with a blanket on or by me, when I get up, I try to touch a door knob or the base of my record player, because it's grounded, to get out the charge before I turn off the light so I don't get shocked. Well, the controller had shocked my hands a bit, and I touched my turntable to get out the charge and went back to playing. Within a few minutes, it did it again, but worse. And then the game put me in the home screen and the controller permanently holds the d-pad right now. The same static down here never caused that with the XB1, but I assume the extra power in the Series X combined with the lack of proper shielding in the controller caused it. Just figured I'd share.

I'm going to look into another fight pad, but unfortunately, there's not much on the market. Hori made a new one that looks awful. Their old Fighting Commander on the XB1/PS4 is out of print now, and the Xbox one is expensive on the used market. The new one looks like crap though, they changed the design, and the reviews are mostly bad. Oh, well.

It's this one. Solid pad for the XB1, but avoid it if you're using the new Series X.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    I also really love The Last Starfighter.
    I love that movie too. I still have my original VHS tape from when I was a kid. A couple years back, Arrow released a special edition blu-ray that looks awesome and is chock full of extras. Highly recommended.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-L...lu-ray/273893/

ř

I love The last Starfighter and also have the Arrow BluRay

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Arrow puts together really well done sets with more than enjoy features.

Edit: Enough features
    Last edited by JCU; 04-04-2022 at 01:30 PM.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    I liked Black Hole more than Star Wars. Tron was and still is amazing. Return to Oz and the Muppets Christmas Carol were awesome too
    Oh, hell no! I love TRON, but it and Black Hole aren't even in the same league as Star Wars.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Arrow puts together really well done sets with more than enjoy features.
    Yes , I'm loving the New Arrow transfers to Bluray, they're like a new Anchor Bay

Also, love 88 films and Eureka various Kung Fu Bluray releases.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Oh, hell no! I love TRON, but it and Black Hole aren't even in the same league as Star Wars.
    Sorry mate, I can't agree with you on that one. While I enjoyed Star Wars, I'm not a massive fan and more fondly remember Black Hole and liked it more, its ending is amazing and so not Disney , A real heaven and hell moment

It's a shame it doesn't get 4K love from Disney

Mind you, I love Krull more than both. One of the best sci-fi films ever made the music score is incredible, most prob my fab film of all time after BladeRunner . One would like to hope there are people with their heart in the right place, like Eirig around in the world somewhere

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

If the droid army from Star Wars could build their own Sith Lord, that Sith Lord would be Maximilian.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Sorry TA, but Iím gonna have to say you have bad taste. Krull was a very average movie for me. Yes, The Black Hole was rather violent for a Disney Film, but itís no Star Wars. Itís more like Event Horizon. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 38%, which is not favorable.

I havenít seen The Black Hole since the 80sí. Iím going to revisit it tonight on Disney Plus.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-04-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information