Quantcast

Page 2221 of 2235 FirstFirst ... 122117212121217122112217221822192220222122222223222422252231 ... LastLast
Results 33,301 to 33,315 of 33525

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Tron became a franchise. A number of video games. A sequel and a 3rd on the way. An animated series. It was never a runaway success but it somehow keeps coming back. Black Hole Disney wants to forget the time they tried to chase Star Wars now that they own it.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

I find it strange how Tron Legacy was just Tron 2.0 with flipped protagonists' sons. "lol why write an original and compelling story when one's already been written for us?"
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Sorry TA, but Iím gonna have to say you have bad taste. Krull was a very average movie for me.
    Even the legendary Rell the Cyclops?! *shocked gasp*

Maybe you should give Krull a revisit one of these days. I hadn't seen it since the Betamax era until I came across the blu ray for cheap a few years back. I had a really good time with it. Sure, it's on the cheesy side, but only in a good way. It's usually really cheap too, like less than $10.

And while I never played the original arcade game, I do have the Atari 2600 game, and it's not bad. There's some fun to be had there. Not sure if it's a port or an original game though. I also have Tron Deadly Discs for the 2600, and that's a really fun game. It definitely takes inspiration from Berzerk, which is fine by me.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post

Maybe you should give Krull a revisit one of these days. I hadn't seen it since the Betamax era until I came across the blu ray for cheap a few years back. I had a really good time with it. Sure, it's on the cheesy side, but only in a good way. It's usually really cheap too, like less than $10.

And while I never played the original arcade game, I do have the Atari 2600 game, and it's not bad. There's some fun to be had there. Not sure if it's a port or an original game though. I also have Tron Deadly Discs for the 2600, and that's a really fun game. It definitely takes inspiration from Berzerk, which is fine by me.
    There were a ton of those movies, including the likes of Beast Master, Flash Gordon, Dragon Slayer, Legend, Dark Crystal, Willow, Fire & Ice, Heavy Metal, Neverending Story, Wizards, Conan the Barbarian/Destroyer, Labyrinth, Big Trouble in Little China, Excalibur, Clash of the Titans and Wizards. They were all much better (maybe not Beast Master) than Krull, which received more hype before it release than it deserved. Yes, I watched it a ton of times in the 80sí, which is what most kids did back then.

Those TRON games had this Atari kid envious of the Intellivision owners.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-05-2022 at 12:51 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Disney of 2022 is a bad joke as it tries to forget certain things for a multitude of asinine reasons. Song of the South, The Black Hole, etc.., can't be erased no matter how hard it tries.

Tron was a big deal when it came out in '82. Even today it holds up well. Obviously it appeals more towards a gamer or computer nut but the music, the fashion, technology, etc..., was well done.

Wasn't there a Tron 2.0 game in the early 2000s meant to be a sequel to the movie?

Remake Geist Force!

It was on Xbox and PC. I have the Xbox version which Iíve rarely played.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post

Maybe you should give Krull a revisit one of these days.
    Krull is ace. The more the film failed at the box office or got panned by the so called critics I loved all the more. So many of them to add to my list here. I also love the likes of The Exterminators of the Year 3000, 2010, The Wrath, They live, Big Trouble in Little China, Runaway, Alien Nation, Remo Williams, LifeForce, Blue Thunder Ect..

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Tron became a franchise. A number of video games. A sequel and a 3rd on the way. An animated series. It was never a runaway success but it somehow keeps coming back. Black Hole Disney wants to forget the time they tried to chase Star Wars now that they own it.
    True, but before Dinsey went Woke and also got Star Wars , I see to remember talk on the dark web of a Big Budget remake of Black Hole being proposed before disagreements over the scrip stopped production
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I just finished watching it. It's funny, because the only part of the movie that I really remember seeing was Maximillion shredding Psycho dude with those blades. I'm pretty sure that I'd watched it more than a few times, when it was on cable in the early 80's, yet somehow nothing about that movie really stuck with me except Maximillion. The one cool thing that I did notice though, was that they were using guns very similar to Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy.

The rest is just so laughably bad, even for a 10 year old me. The ship is pretty much tore to pieces by the meteorites, yet they somehow are able to breath in space, let alone not turn into pop cicles. Bob and Vincent don't fit into whatever mood they were trying to achieve with this movie. Who was this for, kids, teens or adults? And somehow the probe is able to enter the Black Hole and then return. I'm sorry, but not even light can escape a Black Hole. Whoever wrote this was high as a kite.
    Hahaha, that is a very fair assessment. You're right it's meteorites, not asteroids.

Maximilian's design was pretty neat in a cheesy sci-fi way. The music was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Krull is ace. The more the film failed at the box office or got panned by the so called critics I loved all the more. So many of them to add to my list here. I also love the likes of The Exterminators of the Year 3000, 2010, The Wrath, They live, Big Trouble in Little China, Runaway, Alien Nation, Remo Williams, LifeForce, Blue Thunder Ect..
    I watched it yesterday on HBO Plus. Itís freaking horrible. The King to be is wearing an outfit that makes him look like a member of an 80sí metal band (Scorpions comes to mind, and Klaus wants his stolen outfit back) his bride is sporting an over the top perm, during a time when the chemicals to do such a thing wouldnít exist. The choreography for the fights is down right painful to watch, especially during the castle invasion. It gets even worse, because when one of those armored suits get destroyed, the crawdad looking creature somehow disappears through a marble floor and the use of green screen is just way overused. The actors are also clearly carrying around aluminum swords and axes, even the cyclops is sporting an aluminum pike. The movie just screams, small budget, yet was advertised as if it was going to be some blockbuster of a movie.

George Lucas (on a bad day) could come up with a better Star Wars movie than this fodder. It definitely makes the prequels look like solid gold.

I do live me some They Live though. It doesnít pretend to be something that it isnít. Itís just an all around entertaining movie.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-06-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Gamevet you keep on pointing out issues in films like Krull/Black Hole yet you overlook issues in Star Wars or Tron. It's SCI-FI it's all made up, or can you point me to a Camera or a device that can take living Human beings and transform them into Computer code and then back again. That's one hell of a device now, never mind in 1982. Sign me up for a ride in Panzer Dragoon, please ...

Star Wars is full of silly little issues if you want to pick it apart. Why didn't Darth Vader, who has complete control of the force, not sense the force/his own daughter when she's right in his face? and speaking of Princess Leia. If the whole point is to hide her from her father, why do you make her one of the leaders of the Rebel Alliance, that would make her a top target? and how come Ledia can remember her mother, despite being separated at birth and the same time as Luke, who couldn't?

Why did the Death Star need to go around a planet, when it could just destroy it. How can the Light Sabre vaporises a man in the bar and indeed Obi-Wan Kenobi, but have no such effect on Luke or Darth Vader?, speaking of Obi-Wan Kenobi, how come, he didn't recognise R2-D2, after all, poor old R2-D2 did for him and the rest rebels, in the Clone Wars Ect.

How come Han Solo and Luke needed to manually operate the main Guns, when the Millennium Falcon is far more able to target enemy ships, when everyone is in the cockpit and speaking of targeting, how come all Stormtroopers are utter crap shots?

I don't watch an SCI-FI film for realism, but just for enjoyment. The one film that took even SCI-FI crap to utterly stupid silly levels, was Independence day.
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 04-07-2022 at 04:29 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Gamevet you keep on pointing out issues in films like Krull/Black Hole yet you overlook issues in Star Wars or Tron. It's SCI-FI it's all made up, or can you point me to a Camera or a device that can take living Human beings and transform them into Computer code and then back again. That's one hell of a device now, never mind in 1982. Sign me up for a ride in Panzer Dragoon, please ...
    I don't like SW either, but it's not the same. It's plausible, within the film universe, that this can be done. However, meteorites in Black Hole are the same as meteorites in our world. Any idiot knows your ship is going to get torn to pieces by meteorites if you try to go through it head on like Hans did.

I agree, suspension of disbelief is important, but Black Hole doesn't make sense in its own context. Panzer Dragoon is far removed from our world, but if you take the time to understand it, the principles and story apply to our world just as much as Azel's.

I don't watch an SCI-FI film for realism, but just for enjoyment. The one film that took even SCI-FI crap to utterly stupid silly levels, was Independence day.
    Have you seen Armageddon?

I will die on the hill that just because it's in space doesn't make it sci-fi. Star Wars is not Sci-Fi but fantasy. Space Fantasy. It's more in line with Lord of the Rings. Sci-Fi explains how it functions like Star Trek. It has a base of science even if the science is made up. They still go into detail about it like Back To the Future's Flux Capacitor. Sci-Fi has a problem to solve with the in-universe science. Star Wars is space wizards and destiny and chosen ones, magic powers. Don't quote me on a bunch of book garbage about der ackutlallaly the light speed drive is powered by DERR and Vaders armor WOODOO HIDE ERGH..not in the OG films so it don't count.

Remake Geist Force!

Prey tell, on what day did Lucas come up with The Phantom Menace? That was god awful trash and the Rocky V of Star Wars.
    Last edited by JCU; 04-07-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I don't like SW either, but it's not the same. It's plausible, within the film universe, that this can be done. However, meteorites in Black Hole are the same as meteorites in our world. Any idiot knows your ship is going to get torn to pieces by meteorites if you try to go through it head on like Hans did.

I agree, suspension of disbelief is important, but Black Hole doesn't make sense in its own context. Panzer Dragoon is far removed from our world, but if you take the time to understand it, the principles and story apply to our world just as much as Azel's.

Have you seen Armageddon?
    Any time I watch an SCI-FI film I suspend disbelief. Tron takes place on earth, can you point me to a camera/device than can take a human and transform them into game code and back again?
    Krull doesn't take place on Earth, but let's pick it apart and even if you take into account Star Wars takes place in a different universe, that just happens to be full of humans who speak the Queen's English. Why does the Death star need to move around a planet it could just easily destroy, why does the Light Saber vaporises some and not others and how come R2-D2 doesn't get recognised in Star Wars (77) much less is not able to fly around the place as it could in its younger days? I like the Star Wars films even the prequels , but they're not going to win awards for realism

Its silly to expect an SCI-FI film to be real, even if it's grounded in reality like the Martian. I worry more, about if it's a good film to watch.... Speaking of which, I'm off tomorrow to watch Sonic 2 with my bitches from work. I can't wait
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information