Quantcast

Page 2222 of 2236 FirstFirst ... 122217222122217222122218221922202221222222232224222522262232 ... LastLast
Results 33,316 to 33,330 of 33530

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Speaking of which, I'm off tomorrow to watch Sonic 2 with my bitches from work. I can't wait
    Me too lol.

If someone goes as fast as Sonic, the forces of space-time would...

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Prey tell, on what day did Lucas come up with The Phantom Menace? That was god awful trash and the Rocky V of Star Wars.
    It's easy to knock him, far less easy to make a film yourself that has the impact of Starwars.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Me too lol.

If someone goes as fast as Sonic, the forces of space-time would...
    It's a birthday treat and can't wait; In keeping with the discussion. It also made me laugh when people called out Sonic for talking in Sonic Adv or kissing a human woman in 06. When the prospect of a bipedal Hedgehog, who can run faster than the speed of sound, is utterly preposterous, in the 1st place
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

It's easy to knock him, far less easy to make a film yourself that has the impact of Starwars.
    Considering a solid foundation was laid a few decades prior, he royally messed up the first prequel. Royally messed up. The Phantom Menace has an impact...............a bad one. Lucas wasn't a Johnny Come Lately and that's what makes it bad. He had all of the tools, money, resources, etc.., at his disposal and that (Phantom) was his best? As a matter of fact it is so bad that Star Trek: TMP looks good in comparison.

Respect e 27 letter.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moirai View Post
    Respect e 27 letter.

I enjoyed the last fight scene between Darth Maul and Liam Neeson. And the racing was rad. As far as the rest of The Phantom Menace........... meh

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I saw each of the prequels once, when they were new. I thought they were fine, but I didn't love them the way I did the originals as a kid. But I suppose that can be partially attributed to the fact that I was in my 20s, so they weren't magical to me the way the originals were when I was little. I felt the same way about the new ones from a few years ago. Saw each of them once, and was entertained, didn't love or hate them, they were fine. But nothing like the original trilogy. I think that was the kind of magic that can only be felt by a child, kind of a perfect storm for us 40 to 50 guys. I was entranced watching those movies as a kid, but I doubt my dad felt the same way, you know. So maybe those of us who grew up with the originals are unfairly critical of the newer movies based on our own personal experience. Or maybe they're just not as good, I don't know.

I did like Rey in the most recent ones far more than any characters in the prequels though. She's a memorable character and worthy addition to the Star Wars lore in my opinion.

Anyway, speaking of the Phantom Menace, I picked up the Pod Racer game on switch last year. Man, what a blast that game is. I don't remember playing it during the late 90s/early aughts, it must have gotten lost in the glutton of Star Wars games. I mean seriously, there are a butt load of SW games, who can possibly keep track of them all. But that Pod Racer game is a blast. If you haven't played it, I recommend it. I'm not sure if they reissued it any other consoles or just switch, but the original was on all of the late 90s consoles (PS, 64, DC). Very fun racer.

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Any time I watch an SCI-FI film I suspend disbelief. Tron takes place on earth, can you point me to a camera/device than can take a human and transform them into game code and back again?
    Krull doesn't take place on Earth, but let's pick it apart and even if you take into account Star Wars takes place in a different universe, that just happens to be full of humans who speak the Queen's English. Why does the Death star need to move around a planet it could just easily destroy, why does the Light Saber vaporises some and not others and how come R2-D2 doesn't get recognised in Star Wars (77) much less is not able to fly around the place as it could in its younger days? I like the Star Wars films even the prequels , but they're not going to win awards for realism
    He was transformed into digital code and placed within the TRON program. The TRON program was meant to overtake the operating system created for the Super Computer, which is what it did, when the disc flew into the Master Control.

The Death Star had to clear the moon that was between it and the planet. That's why it took a few to get in range.

Its silly to expect an SCI-FI film to be real, even if it's grounded in reality like the Martian. I worry more, about if it's a good film to watch.... Speaking of which, I'm off tomorrow to watch Sonic 2 with my bitches from work. I can't wait
    It doesn't have to be real. It just needs to look like it wasn't cheaply produced and have a story that makes some sense. Some space creature that comes down to a planet and steals the queen to be his own bride (like he really needed her to rule the planet when his army was killing everyone), doesn't make any sense at all. At least Ming in Flash Gordan was a humanoid, while this creature looks like some kind of giant sea crustacean. He's not anatomically built to have sex with her and it's like one of us humans deciding that we want to mate with a Lobster. It's just an all around poorly written movie, that even teenage me thought was goofy when it came out.

A movie like Ice Pirates or Space Balls doesn't have to be realistic, because they are meant to be comedic and not taken seriously.

Yet you felt inclined to say that TRON and Krull were better than Star Wars. WTF?!
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-08-2022 at 03:11 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    I saw each of the prequels once, when they were new. I thought they were fine, but I didn't love them the way I did the originals as a kid. But I suppose that can be partially attributed to the fact that I was in my 20s, so they weren't magical to me the way the originals were when I was little. I felt the same way about the new ones from a few years ago. Saw each of them once, and was entertained, didn't love or hate them, they were fine. But nothing like the original trilogy. I think that was the kind of magic that can only be felt by a child, kind of a perfect storm for us 40 to 50 guys. I was entranced watching those movies as a kid, but I doubt my dad felt the same way, you know. So maybe those of us who grew up with the originals are unfairly critical of the newer movies based on our own personal experience. Or maybe they're just not as good, I don't know.
    This is true. I've heard of some 40 somethings saying that their children preferred the prequels and that's understandable, considering that they were a hot item during their time.

I did like Rey in the most recent ones far more than any characters in the prequels though. She's a memorable character and worthy addition to the Star Wars lore in my opinion.
    Yes, she's a very likeable character, I certainly had no objection to her as a leading role. I did, however, not like how the Last Jedi turned out. They pretty much made Poe look stupid and had the nerve to prop up some me too nonsense into the movie, when they had Laura Dern show up with her purple hair. Poe is criticized for his actions against the New Order, but then Dern sacrifices the fleet (in a final act) by jumping it into light speed right through the New Order Fleet. I don't need that nonsense in my Star Wars and a lot of fans objected to it as well.

Anyway, speaking of the Phantom Menace, I picked up the Pod Racer game on switch last year. Man, what a blast that game is. I don't remember playing it during the late 90s/early aughts, it must have gotten lost in the glutton of Star Wars games. I mean seriously, there are a butt load of SW games, who can possibly keep track of them all. But that Pod Racer game is a blast. If you haven't played it, I recommend it. I'm not sure if they reissued it any other consoles or just switch, but the original was on all of the late 90s consoles (PS, 64, DC). Very fun racer.

The arcade game is even more awesome and it's a shame that it didn't make it to a lot of arcades. I have the Dreamcast version, that was a port of the PC version.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    He was transformed into digital code and placed within the TRON program. The TRON program was meant to overtake the operating system created for the Super Computer, which is what it did
    No such device exists in the real world or the user world, if one must. I love the thought of a little Yu Suzuki driving around a mainframe in a Ferrari, but this simple fact is, Tron isn't real.

If the Death star can blow up entire planets, why not a moon and plenty of people on earth have said they been shagged and abducted by Aliens, so why not in Krull
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Considering a solid foundation was laid a few decades prior, he royally messed up the first prequel. Royally messed up. The Phantom Menace has an impact...............a bad one. Lucas wasn't a Johnny Come Lately and that's what makes it bad. He had all of the tools, money, resources, etc.., at his disposal and that (Phantom) was his best? As a matter of fact it is so bad that Star Trek: TMP looks good in comparison.
    I'm seeing this happen a lot even with James Cameron these days. Not many people have written and directed their own epics that's are still loved and watched decades later.

I didn't mind the Ep 1 and Ep2 for the prequels it was EP3, I found to be crap (bar the end ) though I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars. I've always liked Star Trek more and nothing beats BladeRunner even if Mr Scott best days look behind him, I still looking forward to the planned Prime series
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Have you seen Armageddon?
    Yeah, that one was certainly among the most implausible premises for a movie that I've ever seen. The biggest thing that got me in that one was the fact that they take a blue collar construction worker guy, and quickly train him to be an astronaut so that he can drill an asteroid. Because (in their minds) it would be much easier to train him to be an astronaut than it would be to train an actual astronaut to operate a freaking drill. The thing was basically a Caterpiller machine that guys with a couple marbles rolling around upstairs operate for a living. Haha

I still recall seeing that one because my friend loved it and talked me into going with him to see it again. I suppose it was entertaining in parts, but man, I had a tough time with it. When I ranted about it after the fact, I think I hurt his feelings a bit, so maybe I was too harsh on it. I mean, I rarely take movies seriously, I try to suspend my disbelief and just take them for what they are. And that attitude has served me well over the years. I still can't get over the way people blew up the internet raving about those new SW movies. I thought blu-ray.com was going to shut down a few years back. Ha. But, man, whoever wrote Armageddon (Michael Bay?) just didn't think that idea through.

My new Michael Bay-esque fantasy:

About 20 years ago, I worked a retail job, and they needed someone to get licensed to operate a new forklift. So I stepped up and did the training and got the license. I was fairly competent working that thing too, I could maneuver down the tight warehouse aisles well. Somehow, Elon Musk gets wind of my prowess on the forklift and gives me a call. "Adam, I know it's been years since you operated a forklift, but damnit, you were the best and we need you. The warehouse in my new space station that orbits Mars has boxes of supplies scattered all over the floor, and we need to get them properly stacked on the shelves. You're the only one who can do it. I'll fly you down to Cape Canaveral, and over a couple weeks, we'll train you to fly a space ship that you'll need to pilot to the space station. Pack your bags, Adam."

I'm seeing this happen a lot even with James Cameron these days. Not many people have written and directed their own epics that's are still loved and watched decades later.

I didn't mind the Ep 1 and Ep2 for the prequels it was EP3, I found to be crap (bar the end ) though I'm not the biggest fan of Star Wars. I've always liked Star Trek more and nothing beats BladeRunner even if Mr Scott best days look behind him, I still looking forward to the planned Prime series
    Just so we are clear, you are essentially saying, as an example, I couldn't comment on the quality of a game if I never designed a game prior? Stop killing me with your bullocks.

Making epic franchises does not exclude a lemon from being produced.

Thread Information