Quantcast

Page 2229 of 2235 FirstFirst ... 12291729212921792219222522262227222822292230223122322233 ... LastLast
Results 33,421 to 33,435 of 33525

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I don't want to do this to my Xbox, but I also kind of do want to do this.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Anyone think the GS PS5 bundles are worth it, or dumb? Basically paying almost $800 for a PS5 and a game, controller, and gift card. eBay scalpers you're paying roughly $700 for just the system. I think I just hate the idea of waiting what could be another year or two for a fair price, more than I love the idea of having one right now. Almost plunked the money down, backed out at the last second.

Iíve heard Ģat TREASUREís Alien Soldier was releaſed in an incomplete ſtate due to lack of development time & being moſtly made by a ſingle perſon. Wouldnít it be cool if Ģey actually completed Ģe game & releaſed an Alien Soldier Directorís Cut?

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Anyone think the GS PS5 bundles are worth it, or dumb? Basically paying almost $800 for a PS5 and a game, controller, and gift card. eBay scalpers you're paying roughly $700 for just the system. I think I just hate the idea of waiting what could be another year or two for a fair price, more than I love the idea of having one right now. Almost plunked the money down, backed out at the last second.
    You don't know what controller they give you. Could be the ones with drift or not. Total gamble.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Have you played Gate of Thunder today?

Wildside Expert Hairlesswookiee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    That's tough to say. It depends on how bad you want/need a PS5. Personally, no it's not worth it to me but you might be tired of having to search for one. I haven't checked GS bundles in a long time so I don't know what game they're including--might not be worth playing and is ultimately shovelware they're trying to offload. If you can hold out a little bit longer the holiday shopping season is coming in a few months and I scored my PS5 console during one of the random Amazon Prime drops after Black Friday.
    Toys: PS5, PS3,PSVita, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast, Saturn, JVC X'Eye, Game Gear, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, Turbo Duo R, PS1, PS2

Movie Setup: Vizio M65, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Apple TV 4k, Synology DS413j with 12TB of media.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesswookiee View Post
    That's tough to say. It depends on how bad you want/need a PS5. Personally, no it's not worth it to me but you might be tired of having to search for one. I haven't checked GS bundles in a long time so I don't know what game they're including--might not be worth playing and is ultimately shovelware they're trying to offload. If you can hold out a little bit longer the holiday shopping season is coming in a few months and I scored my PS5 console during one of the random Amazon Prime drops after Black Friday.
    Itís actually Elden Ring that comes with it. Gift card is $75 which I do tend to buy my modern games from them, so yeah Iíll spend that probably pretty easily. I donít really need the extra controller. Then thereís just an extra scalping tax of like $60 thrown on top because theyíre a-holes and canít just be fair about it.

I dunno the fact that Iím considering it means that itís probably not something Iíd regret, but still know the smart thing to do is wait for standard retail price. I could stretch that additional $300 a lot further than one game and accessory over time.
    Last edited by WarmSignal; 07-24-2022 at 07:55 AM.

Working Designs sucked monkey shit. Xseed is 1000000000000000X the company Working Designs ever was.

================================================== ========================

Warm. Fair warning. There is still a bunch of controllers being given out in those bundles and being sold that break easy. They are only rated for 400 hours then drift is not a chance but guaranteed. The only way to know for sure a controller won't, is the new Galaxy colors. Purple or Light Blue. On the back of the controller is a serial number and if it ends with A you're good but the Galaxy colors only ones we know for sure end with A. Some white ones bundled in new consoles are with the A but the red or black controllers end with 1 and those are the bad ones. There is a chance you end up with the bad controller and then have to shell out another $70 for one. The easiest way is to sign up on Sony and sign up for the email. My second attempt a month apart is how I got my PS5.
    Last edited by Leynos; 07-25-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Remake Geist Force!

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

And here I thought everyone loved Working Designs. Most of their stuff is just localized Japanese rpgs that aren't my thing, so I never got into them. They've always seemed to have a very fervent fanbase though. But it's hard for me to get behind a company that doesn't actually produce anything. Taking another company's work, and doing a questionable language translation isn't really the most respectable thing to me. I guess it's more about the games that they chose to localize than any actual technical prowess as a developer. Although I'm sure the guys in the know can tell me about all of the improvements they made to games before they released. But as far as I know, WD didn't actually make any games. They just took existing games, and slapped a little polish on them and profited.

I kinda thought Xseed had fallen off. I mean, during the 7th gen they were putting out a lot of variety that piqued my interest, and as of the past decade, I've not even noticed what they've been putting out at all. I like the Shantae games, but Senran Kagura is like their flagship series now and it's definitely not for me. I feel like Pqube is sort of today's equivalent of what Xseed was, as far as variety of imports and retail conversions of indies.

Xseed also just did No More Heroes 3, Rune Factory 5. Working Designs translations were cringe and they made the games more difficult for some reason.

Remake Geist Force!

Quote Originally Posted by Leynos View Post
    Xseed also just did No More Heroes 3, Rune Factory 5. Working Designs translations were cringe and they made the games more difficult for some reason.
    Thatís true. I canít recall if Grasshoper is a part of their fold now, or what, kinda thinking they have been.

Speaking of Pqube, I did happen to notice that Dusk Diver 2 physical is being published by Idea Factory which gives me pause. Especially since I did notice that the art direction of that game seems decidedly more fan service-y than the previous game. Youíve got mega beachball boob lady as one of the main protagonists this time around. Coincidence?

She was in the first game with the same-sized tits in a tank top sweater so I dunno. The first games main character also was in a bikini in dungeons. I think that's just how the games are. I with PQube would tell me what happened to Uppers on PS4.

Remake Geist Force!

Space Megaforce is Ģe worſt 16-bit Compile ſhooter.  It bores me to tears.

Thread Information