Quantcast

Page 2223 of 2235 FirstFirst ... 122317232123217322132219222022212222222322242225222622272233 ... LastLast
Results 33,331 to 33,345 of 33525

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    No such device exists in the real world or the user world, if one must. I love the thought of a little Yu Suzuki driving around a mainframe in a Ferrari, but this simple fact is, Tron isn't real.
    Well of course TRON isnít real, and neither is Star Trek. But, a lot of things weíve seen in Star Trek have become reality, and whoís to say that we wonít be able to one day be transported to other places, much like what happened to Flynn and the atoms that comprised his being.o

If the Death star can blow up entire planets, why not a moon and plenty of people on earth have said they been shagged and abducted by Aliens, so why not in Krull
    You asked why the Death Star had to get into position to fire. The answer was fairly simple, yet not good enough for you.

We may very well have been created by an advanced race that mixed their genes with that of primates. The book of Genesis and writings of much more ancient societies suggest that we were made in the image of what they perceived as God. Neanderthals did mate with humans and their DNA can be found in many people of European decent. Different breed of dogs can mate with eachother, as can cats, but itís not like some human can have sex with a trout, or would really want to unless their fucked up in the head.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-08-2022 at 03:15 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

Some cannot comprehend internal consistency in fiction and hypothetical scenarios. I find the people who lack this ability to be unbearable to be around, much less interact with, similar to those who cannot mentally visualize objects in great detail. As long as a story follows its own internal rules faithfully, I can handle the suspension of disbelief on my own.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Any time I watch an SCI-FI film I suspend disbelief. Tron takes place on earth, can you point me to a camera/device than can take a human and transform them into game code and back again?
    Krull doesn't take place on Earth, but let's pick it apart and even if you take into account Star Wars takes place in a different universe, that just happens to be full of humans who speak the Queen's English. Why does the Death star need to move around a planet it could just easily destroy, why does the Light Saber vaporises some and not others and how come R2-D2 doesn't get recognised in Star Wars (77) much less is not able to fly around the place as it could in its younger days? I like the Star Wars films even the prequels , but they're not going to win awards for realism

Its silly to expect an SCI-FI film to be real, even if it's grounded in reality like the Martian. I worry more, about if it's a good film to watch.... Speaking of which, I'm off tomorrow to watch Sonic 2 with my bitches from work. I can't wait

Bitches from work! You sir, are on thin ice, I know because I do the same job as you! Anyway, your post made me think of this.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Well of course TRON isnít real

Yes, it's SCI-FI. I just enjoy the films rather than take them seriously.

Anyway, Sonic the Movie 2 is utterly brilliant, more silly than the 1st one, but the end section is a pure love section to SEGA and the old Sonic games, love references to the likes of Labyrinth Zone in Sonic one or Lost World in Sonic Adv , can't wait for part 3 after the ending.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Just so we are clear, you are essentially saying, as an example, I couldn't comment on the quality of a game if I never designed a game prior? Stop killing me with your bullocks.

Making epic franchises does not exclude a lemon from being produced.
    Not quite, it's very easy to call the likes of Lucas out and say one can do better, not quite so easy to do it in practice. It's not so much meant at you, but some of the hate the likes of Cameron and Lucas get on modern forums/social media is silly. These were people who weren't born with a silver spoon and had to work hard to get where they are and earned their right

I know we all sometimes think we can do better in a number of sectors, so many of us think we can manage/run our fav club better and so on. Not many have made a space epic to rival Star Wars mind and that's part of the problem. It be nice to move on from Star Wars, but there's not many space epics to take it place
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Yes, it's SCI-FI. I just enjoy the films rather than take them seriously.

Anyway, Sonic the Movie 2 is utterly brilliant, more silly than the 1st one, but the end section is a pure love section to SEGA and the old Sonic games, love references to the likes of Labyrinth Zone in Sonic one or Lost World in Sonic Adv , can't wait for part 3 after the ending.
    Sonic 2 was so silly and I loved it.

Not quite, it's very easy to call the likes of Lucas out and say one can do better, not quite so easy to do it in practice. It's not so much meant at you, but some of the hate the likes of Cameron and Lucas get on modern forums/social media is silly. These were people who weren't born with a silver spoon and had to work hard to get where they are and earned their right

I know we all sometimes think we can do better in a number of sectors, so many of us think we can manage/run our fav club better and so on. Not many have made a space epic to rival Star Wars mind and that's part of the problem. It be nice to move on from Star Wars, but there's not many space epics to take it place
    This has nothing to do with thinking one can make a better film. Lucas has shown that HE was able to do better than TPM though. Out of the six films he did in the Star Wars franchise, guess which is consistently ranked on the bottom?

This has nothing to do with thinking one can make a better film. Lucas has shown that HE was able to do better than TPM though. Out of the six films he did in the Star Wars franchise, guess which is consistently ranked on the bottom?
    Show Lucas how it's done then...
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Sonic 2 was so silly and I loved it.
    I loved the film too, even if parts like the dance off or wedding sections were just a little silly and OTT. The end section of the film was just simply awesome and like a love letter to the Sonic games and SEGA. Its made me play the 1st game and Sonic Adv all over again LOL . I also loved the fact that Pantera music was in the film

I hate it when people need to bring up ratings or sales for a debate. For me, Revenge of the Sith was the worst Star Wars film Geroge made, and TBH I enjoyed Phantom Menice more than The Rise of Skywalker: which was so full of Woke Disney bullsh8t, it made me sick. That's just my view mind.

What also never helped the prequels was no fan favs like the Millennium Falcon or Han Solo Ect. Lots of directors do their best work early in compared to decades later, just look at Steven Spielberg, I haven't been in impressed with his work for years and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is one of the worst films I have even seen. I love Riddley Scott, but Alien Covenant left a lot to be desired. Only Cameron seems to be the exception to the rule, but there again many hate Avatar, including Dreamcast man on here
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 04-10-2022 at 03:23 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Show Lucas how it's done then...
    My ability of making a film has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with the quality of his films nor does it excuse his follies. Lucas has an impressive list of successful films as well as not so impressive work.

I hate it when people need to bring up ratings or sales for a debate. For me, Revenge of the Sith was the worst Star Wars film Geroge made, and TBH I enjoyed Phantom Menice more than The Rise of Skywalker: which was so full of Woke Disney bullsh8t, it made me sick. That's just my view mind.

What also never helped the prequels was no fan favs like the Millennium Falcon or Han Solo Ect. Lots of directors do their best work early in compared to decades later, just look at Steven Spielberg, I haven't been in impressed with his work for years and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is one of the worst films I have even seen. I love Riddley Scott, but Alien Covenant left a lot to be desired. Only Cameron seems to be the exception to the rule, but there again many hate Avatar, including Dreamcast man on here
    The response of Episode 1 is out there for all to gauge and it has been there for over twenty years. Ignoring or disliking it doesn't change a thing. It is not any coincidence how the most hated character and most hated film seems to share a number of similarities.

The reason(s) why the prequels and the last Indiana Jones were poorly received (response not box office money) is because Lucas could not meet the hype surrounding each franchise. Indy had almost twenty years between films and Star Wars was sixteen. The expectations were high and perhaps too high. Think of it like a sequel to Half Life 2. It would be episode 2? The expectations are just so high because of the wait and I bet if we get a true sequel, it'll be a let down.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

Speaking of Star Wars, I watched this one the other night. The novels were alright but nothing to write home about.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Well of course TRON isnít real, and neither is Star Trek. But, a lot of things weíve seen in Star Trek have become reality, and whoís to say that we wonít be able to one day be transported to other places, much like what happened to Flynn and the atoms that comprised his being.o

You asked why the Death Star had to get into position to fire. The answer was fairly simple, yet not good enough for you.

We may very well have been created by an advanced race that mixed their genes with that of primates. The book of Genesis and writings of much more ancient societies suggest that we were made in the image of what they perceived as God. Neanderthals did mate with humans and their DNA can be found in many people of European decent. Different breed of dogs can mate with eachother, as can cats, but itís not like some human can have sex with a trout, or would really want to unless their fucked up in the head.
    Transporters exist since 2002. They were able to beam energy from one part of the room to the other. However the idea of humans ever doing it won't happen as the science says you would die each time you stepped in and a copy of you would arrive on the other side. Not to mention how insanely complicated the human body is but even if we get there, you would die each time you stepped in. HOWEVER recently scientists created the first Warp Bubble in a lab.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Iíve always thought about that transporter thing. It would seem to me that the real person would be destroyed and an exact copy (facsimile) would arrive on the other side. And if youíve seen Picard, then you would understand why a lot of people didnít like it. Itís not him anymore.

Yeah, in theory it could work if it was a portal, where one just steps though a hole and comes out the other side. One thing that certainly doesnít make sense, is when the Enterprise is being perused while being in warp, because the other ship would have to be within the same warp bubble to do that.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-11-2022 at 05:37 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

I <3 ř

AKA Mister Xiado Master of Shinobi Raijin Z's Avatar

This obsession with thornography is disturbing.
    - Where it's always 1995 (or so).

Thread Information