Quantcast

Page 2207 of 2207 FirstFirst ... 1207170721072157219722032204220522062207
Results 33,091 to 33,098 of 33098

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Visual novels are something I can never get into. There is that new R-Type Final tho. As for Gradius well, Konami no longer makes games lol. Japan is still feeling the effects of the disastrous era of the Xbox 360 and PS3. Making shit like DmC and Bionic Commando 2009. The awful western Silent Hill games. Bomberman Act Zero. A lot more where that came from but those failures were Japan trying to appeal to the west. Now games like persona 5 are their biggest seller. Nier Automata sold big numbers. As for shit like Kagura...well yeah I agree we can do without that kinda shit.

I mean we did get a new Contra even tho it was complete garbage lol. At least Shmups are enjoying a resurgence atm. You can find so many on PS4 and Switch that you can fill a vault with them and swim like Scrooge McDuck.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Is Bionic Commando 2009 really that bad? I've never gotten around to it, but looks good enough. A lot of those Capcom games from 7th gen look interesting; Lost Planet, Dark Void, Remember Me, etc. Whatever happened to Dead Rising? That was a success I believe. Never realized the later Silent Hill games were considered bad.

To be fair, by today's standards it's extremely tough to have a successful AAA in this market, it's make or break. We live in an era of constant bombing, and studio shuttering. There's something very broken about the process currently where so many games fail, release broken, or turn into cash grabs. The Japanese are probably smart not to gamble with the supremely fickle market that is the west today.

Lost Planet was fun. So was 2. EX Troopers is great. Lost Planet 3 was bad and killed the series. So there is Bionic Commando Re-Armed and that was good but Bionic Commando 2009 is Edglord shit. His wife is his arm. It's stupid as hell. Dead Rising 4 is what happened to that series. Killed the franchise and studio. The Silent Hill series after Team Silent broke up and went to make the Siren series. The 360 ones were mediocre games at best but REALLy bad Silent Hill games. Instead of having a unique theme to build around. They just threw some silly-looking monsters and Pyramid head in for no reason. He only made sense in 2. The Wii/PS2 game is decent. Not scary in the least but decent game with fun ideas. Capcoms 2014 Strider was excellent and I maintain that the first Castlevania Lords of Shadow is good. It does wear its inspirations on its sleeve but is a good game. VanQuish and Binary Domain was an attempt to get into that western TPS market. While fans loved the games (I do) they didn't sell.

Tho SEGA is trusting smaller studios more with Streets of Rage 4 and that was def made by fans. Same with Sonic mania. Panzer Dragoon they are def fans. Nintendo trusts Metroid to Mercury Steam. I think it's slightly in favor again but trying to be more faithful to the series spirit.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Fozzy's Avatar

Lol, the guy @ 1:39 is pulling a Max Headroom.
    I want my Mtv.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

So if you guys happen to own a Wii U, I 100% suggest grabbing one of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165050075749

These are the official OEM extended batteries for the control pad. They were released in Japan only and for awhile they were reaching the $160.00/$200.00 range in price. They're only 20 bucks for now but I'm sure these won't be coming back around often. Grab one while you can.
    05/05/15

Master of Shinobi

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    So if you guys happen to own a Wii U, I 100% suggest grabbing one of these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165050075749

These are the official OEM extended batteries for the control pad. They were released in Japan only and for awhile they were reaching the $160.00/$200.00 range in price. They're only 20 bucks for now but I'm sure these won't be coming back around often. Grab one while you can.
    I grabbed one of these awhile back, 4000MAh https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GC8J3MG/
    Not OEM but since installing that I've never seen the low battery indicator.
    Just realized some of the reviews make it sound bad, guess I got one of the good ones?

Thread Information