Quantcast

Page 2134 of 2155 FirstFirst ... 113416342034208421242130213121322133213421352136213721382144 ... LastLast
Results 31,996 to 32,010 of 32316

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

So Hideo Kojima made a (subjective) bad game - and? Tell me a director who hasn't made a shit movie or a singer who hasn't released a dud. We're all capable of being fallible.

TBH, Death Stranding is not the type of game I'm interested in, and as a fan of Silent Hill, I'm a little sad that it's the "leftovers" of what Silent Hills could've been, but it was it is. If I found it cheap, I would be at least willing to try it.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    So Hideo Kojima made a (subjective) bad game - and? Tell me a director who hasn't made a shit movie or a singer who hasn't released a dud. We're all capable of being fallible.

TBH, Death Stranding is not the type of game I'm interested in, and as a fan of Silent Hill, I'm a little sad that it's the "leftovers" of what Silent Hills could've been, but it was it is. If I found it cheap, I would be at least willing to try it.
    Those in the music or movie industry (unless you are a woman these days) generally get hit hard if they create crapola. The man in question with the moving company game? Not so much. On the contrary his ass is kissed to the point where you know what he ate last night.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Jake Armitage's Avatar

Anyone want some snow? Denver is currently in the middle of a nasty snowstorm. I am guessing we got about 8" overnite with a bunch more to come - maybe 14"-16" total by late afternoon today. I am just glad we don't have to go out it in. Good day to turn on the gas fireplace and drink hot cocoa.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

I wouldn't mind some snow. It rarely ever happens here (Johannesburg) though, and never during the Christmas period. These are our summer months.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Snow is wonderful. Out here it really weeds out the simpletons as panic tends to engulf their minds whether a fraction of an inch or feet of snow fall. Seriously, it's like watching Simple Jack in cars and supermarkets.

I never have any trouble driving in the snow (I grew up in Minnesota where you learned pretty quickly). It is all of the idiots driving that don't have the foggiest on how to drive in it (no - having 4 wheel or all wheel drive (or two wheel drive for that matter) doesn't mean you can get out of that skid whilst doing 75 miles an hour).

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Those in the music or movie industry (unless you are a woman these days) generally get hit hard if they create crapola. The man in question with the moving company game? Not so much. On the contrary his ass is kissed to the point where you know what he ate last night.
    And also reviewers are scared to give the game a crappy score because of the backlash they could get from Kojima fans.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

We have seen Gearbox Blacklist Giant Bomb because they were not as favorable on Borderlands as others. Bethesda sending guides on how to review the games and blacklisting some sites. in 2007 we saw Jeff Gerstman fired over giving a sponsored game a bad review. How else does something like Final Fantasy XIII have such good reviews but it so reviled by fans? Fallout 4 is similar. Rooster Teeth were paid shills wearing Fallout toys and mocking again Giant Bomb for giving F4 a not so favorable review. Jeff liked the game but had to knock the score down doe so many technical issues. I don't agree with Jeff half the time on games but I respect that he is openly honest about how he feels. That kind of honesty is rare. Slant Magazine gives bad reviews for attention. Somehow Dragon Age Inquisition won GOTY at the TGAs even tho no one remembers that game now and it was rather mediocre(Yes I kinda liked it at the time but it was never anything amazing to me). Bayonetta 2 was the best game that year. Judgment is being snubbed from the TGAs as was Yakuza 0 in 2017.

Gaming "journalism" is fucked.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    And also reviewers are scared to give the game a crappy score because of the backlash they could get from Kojima fans.
    Yeah but that goes beyond Kojima. God help the poor sap who gives a Zelda game 8 out of 10.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Anyone want some snow?
    Yes, I would love some snow. We're luckily to get 2cm of snow for a like 3 hours over here a year.

I'd trade you for our rain. Happily trade that for some snow.

Click image above for my Youtube channel.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Yeah but that goes beyond Kojima. God help the poor sap who gives a Zelda game 8 out of 10.
    I don't know if thats a Jim Sterling reference, but he gave Breath of The Wild a 7/10 and his website started getting DDOSed.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    I give the original NES game a 7 out of 10. Good, but my god, it's not one of the system's best games. It isn't one of the greatest games ever, either.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Thread Information