Quantcast

Page 2209 of 2227 FirstFirst ... 120917092109215921992205220622072208220922102211221222132219 ... LastLast
Results 33,121 to 33,135 of 33403

Thread: "state something completely random time!"

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Its getting more and more difficult to have "friends" online, I went from like an ICQ with 20 buddies to a Steamchat with 3 friends. then I got in an argument with one so that went down to two friends.
    And now one of those hasn't been online in over 4 weeks so he's either on a vacation or he died of covid.

And now we've also lost Meatloaf and Louie Anderson.

Life's getting grim.

Unfortunately, you still have us.

Louie Anderson? His body of work (besides comedy) is mainly unfamiliar to me unlike Meatloaf who I have a greater understanding and/or attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Louie Anderson? His body of work (besides comedy) is mainly unfamiliar to me unlike Meatloaf who I have a greater understanding and/or attachment.
    Eh, I mostly knew him from the cartoon. but he was apparently a decent standup comedian.
    but the cartoon was comfy as fuck.

Anyone else noticed the sham that has become of the YouTube search function? It's like Google now, it only shows you what it wants to promote, not what might be most relevant. Make a search, get 6 or 7 relevant videos from some huge channels, then it gets tired so it shows a "for you" section totally irrelevant to your search, then a bunch of stuff vaguely relevant including repeats of the same damn videos every 8 or so, gets tired and shows a "previously watched" selection, totally irrelevant.

This thing is fully gimped now, it's worthless. You can't discover content on the site with it efficiently anymore. They don't give a shit whether new or under-viewed matching videos get found, it just wants to promote big channels that have plenty of ad space. Do they think people don't realize how narrow the scope of the search results have gotten? This is shit.

I dunno, mine is pretty spot on,

Maybe fine tune the preferences by using the DONT RECOMMEND BUTTON☝️🧙*♂️....

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker HyperSnugz's Avatar

The "don't recommend" button doesn't work on certain channels such as MrBeast and SSSniperWolf because they likely pay to have their shit shoehorned into the recommendations panel.

Or you could use Invidious, a front-end for YouTube that uses the normal API functionality (but without the bullshit surrounding it), and then use the actual YT UI when you have to.

And yeah, forums are like old folks' homes at this stage... no new people coming in.

Interestingly, 4chan and co. are still frequently used among people my age, but not forums, could be brand/name familiarity and the fact it's rather mainstream compared to forums.

Forums tend to be relegated to "if one has a question" (and the software is preferred to be XenForo or IPS, other stuff is old and ugly) and even then it ends up being asked on Discord instead, which means no one can find it in the future just by searching for the problem. Those who actively partake seem to then mostly end up turning the whole board into an identity politics war, seen that happen a few times now in the past few years.
    Last edited by HyperSnugz; 01-22-2022 at 03:46 AM.
    The 32X deserved to exist, if only to pave the way for the creation of the best waifu ever.

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    Anyone else noticed the sham that has become of the YouTube search function? It's like Google now, it only shows you what it wants to promote, not what might be most relevant. Make a search, get 6 or 7 relevant videos from some huge channels, then it gets tired so it shows a "for you" section totally irrelevant to your search, then a bunch of stuff vaguely relevant including repeats of the same damn videos every 8 or so, gets tired and shows a "previously watched" selection, totally irrelevant.

This thing is fully gimped now, it's worthless. You can't discover content on the site with it efficiently anymore. They don't give a shit whether new or under-viewed matching videos get found, it just wants to promote big channels that have plenty of ad space. Do they think people don't realize how narrow the scope of the search results have gotten? This is shit.
    Google in general is shit for searching for something. I used to have a load of userscripts to minimize their spam, but it's pointless now. Still looking for an alternative that doesn't suck as much as they do.

Also if you have someone else using your ip they can influence
    your recommendations....
    My kids do it to mine all the time...
    Through their own viewings....
    Also I regularly invite good folks to join us here...
    Don't you?.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    Google in general is shit for searching for something. I used to have a load of userscripts to minimize their spam, but it's pointless now. Still looking for an alternative that doesn't suck as much as they do.
    I'm still a Bing user ever since it was released, mostly for the free gift cards. Worth a try, the results are a little different from Google sometimes.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

There's duckduckgo, or if using google or bing, you can search in a private browser so your cookies won't influence the results.

If there's any upside to the covid calamity,
    it's that retro game hacks and fully fan
    made games are cranking out like nobody's
    business....
    And speaking of bangers,

My youngest's middle name is ROY
    And I'd call him baby Roy he didn't like it because of the
    original Check it out! skit but
    I played this for him and he's into
    it now!😂
    Last edited by Segadream; 01-22-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Lurker Raging in the Streets Tanegashima's Avatar

This was the most bestest thread on the forum Iím sad

There Can Only Be One
    He Will Rise Again (Once I've Located The Original Signatures )

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tanegashima View Post
    This was the most bestest thread on the forum Iím sad
    Why'd you let it die man? why?

Thread Information