Quantcast

Page 153 of 154 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2298

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

Guys, I need a bit of advice. As you can see, these last months I've been sending lots of comments on games reviewed on this very site. This is because I'm currently on a personal 16-bit marathon: Now I'm doing MD/GEN and SNES, and my goal is to then devote my efforts to a 2nd phase - PCE and Neo Geo - and then even a 3rd phase with the Amiga.
    Think is that this forum has kinda turned into a zone of confort for me (I seldom write, for instance, on The Video Game Critic), and Well Could this thread be the place to send commentaries on games from other systems? My other idea was to open a thread for every console covered, but, to be fair, I prefer to keep a low profile. What do you think? Should I post mini-reviews here or open 4 new threads for everybody to post their impressions on games of other systems?
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 03-25-2022 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    Normally these remaster/remake games that are all the rage fall flat for me, and I generally prefer the originals. But this Panzer Dragoon remake is really effing good. I've been playing the crap out of it this week.
    It's selling for cheapo on the eShop: 6 bucks. I'm thinking on getting it.
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 03-25-2022 at 12:09 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

I would open 4 new threads. I would have a hard time keeping track if all those consoles are mixed with random comments. I would always be wondering if they're talking about the game reviewed or something else from a previous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
    I would open 4 new threads. I would have a hard time keeping track if all those consoles are mixed with random comments. I would always be wondering if they're talking about the game reviewed or something else from a previous comment.
    Spot on, Fozzy. You're very right. I'll follow this way.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Blackwind on PS5.

It's a top-down mech hack n slash/Twin Stick Shooter. So far it's fun.

Life?!...What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Remake Geist Force!

Getting back to the thread, I'm playing the Uncharted remasters on PS5 and a number of games on the Switch: I recently completed Mario & Sonic in Tokyo 2020 and currently enjoying Luigi's Mansion 3 and Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

I'm balls deep in the Gamecube right now. It's a console I missed during its run. I was a DC and PS2 guy back then. So far I've played a lot of F-Zero, Bloody Roar, Mario Golf and Wave Race. These were all games I was able to pick up locally and use my discount. I was surprised by how much prices seem to have gone up. GC used to be fairly cheap I recall.

I love the Bloody Roar fighting game. It reminds me of Dead or Alive, but with the morphing into a beast twist. I never played the earlier PS1 games, so it's new to me. F-Zero is amazing. As much as I enjoy the snes and 64 games, I think this one is the best. Mario Golf is simple, but fun. I can play more in depth golf games on other consoles, but this one is just a fun pick up and play game. Winning tournaments unlocks new courses, and I don't think I have them all yet.

And finally, I'm hooked on Wave Race. Which is kind of weird because I didnt really like the 64 game that much. I just didn't like the handling as well. Everyone seems to have the opposite opinion regarding the comparison between the 64 and GC games, but I tend to run contrarian in many of my opinions anyway, so I guess it makes sense.

I recently picked up Metroid Prime, but I haven't started it yet. As much as I have enjoyed Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and the new Metroid Dread, the thought of a FPS Metroid doesn't really get my dick hard, but the game is highly regarded and I got it for a good price, so I want to give it a go. We'll see. I'm keeping an open mind about it.

Been playing Space Invaders on PC Engine, claſſic mode. How e heck am I ſuppoſed to get paſſed level 7?

I've bene playing Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme vs Maxiboost on and Deathsmiles I&II

Remake Geist Force!

End of line.. Shining Hero gamevet's Avatar

Ive been playing Days Gone on the PS4 (launch model) and Ive joined the military force. Im at the point where Im testing out the napalm like explosives on a hoard of about 500. It would have been nice to know that I couldnt do anymore upgrades to my carrying capacity, once Id joined the militia, because I can only carry 2 of these at a time. Im also stuck with only being able to carry 3 pipe bombs and 3 standard Molotov cocktails. Ive found myself running for my life, just trying to make the best use of my limited supplies. I had them down to a small group of about 25, before getting surrounded, without any special explosives left. Its been really frustrating, but I think Ive come up with a strategy, where Ill lock myself in the house, to pick of the remnants of whats left of the group, instead of running for my life. This would have been much easier, had I played it on a PC or PS5, because it is incredibly hard to aim my guns, when the fps is nosediving.
    Last edited by gamevet; 07-12-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Fozzy's Avatar

Found this news about Prince of Persia on facebook and just wanted to pass it on.

https://www.indieretronews.com/2022/...ulous.html?m=1

GATE OF THUNDER is ſo aweſome.

Mobile Suit Gundam EFF vs Zeon DX on Dreamcast. You can see the roots in this game that would later go on to be the modern Gundam VS games. I'm really enjoying it despite is a dated game mechanically. I think it's nice looking as well but then again isn't every Naomi game?

Remake Geist Force!

Quote Originally Posted by bigladiesman View Post
    Guys, I need a bit of advice. As you can see, these last months I've been sending lots of comments on games reviewed on this very site. This is because I'm currently on a personal 16-bit marathon: Now I'm doing MD/GEN and SNES, and my goal is to then devote my efforts to a 2nd phase - PCE and Neo Geo - and then even a 3rd phase with the Amiga.
    Think is that this forum has kinda turned into a zone of confort for me (I seldom write, for instance, on The Video Game Critic), and Well Could this thread be the place to send commentaries on games from other systems? My other idea was to open a thread for every console covered, but, to be fair, I prefer to keep a low profile. What do you think? Should I post mini-reviews here or open 4 new threads for everybody to post their impressions on games of other systems?
    Some 2D Saturn games are ports of 16-bit arcade games like Mizubaku Daibouken & Hyper Duel, which alſo includes a killer 32-bit Saturn mode. If you can't acceſs at I alſo recommend playing Mizubaku Daibouken on PC Engine, as it's e only home conſole port of is very unique arcade game from when it was current. Hyper Duel is like e Saturn equivalent of Gate of Thunder.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Summer Carnival '92 Recca

Finally got around to picking up an Everdrive recently, so I've been checking out the more famous Famicom games that we never got on NES in the US. This game really lives up to its reputation. Aside from it being a fun and innovative shoot em up, the technical aspects of it are ridiculously impressive for the console. There are so many shoot em ups that chug with slowdown when half the action of this game fills the screen. Yet Recca seems to run twice as fast as any other shmup on the console with barely any slowdown to speak of throughout. I'm dang impressed.

But also, yeah, it's a great game. It has similarities to the early Compile games with the floating changing weapon power ups. And the ship speed is adjustable as in the TF series, so you can really dial in your play preference which is helpful considering how fast the pace is, and the fact that they just throw you into the action without a warmup period like most games. It's fast and furious with a ton of enemies filling the screen at any given time.

I think my favorite feature of the game is the bomb system. You can hold the bomb button and it acts like a shield and won't detonate until you release the button. This allows for a strategy to play the game that is unique to the genre. I'm still digging into this one, so there's stuff I haven't discovered yet. I'm just really into it right now. Every fan of the shoot em up genre needs to experience this one in my opinion. So good.

Thread Information