Quantcast

Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149
Results 2,221 to 2,231 of 2231

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

The whole Mafia series has been given a slight graphical upgrade on PC. Since I already own II and III, I got the upgrade for free on Steam. Iíve played about 45 minutes of Mafia II last night.

Iíve been goofing around with a few games on the SD2SNES. It was cool to play Street Fighter 2 Turbo, with the arcade sound tracks from the arcade Super Street Fighter.
    Last edited by gamevet; 08-09-2020 at 06:23 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training The Reverend 330 Mega's Avatar

I did Steamworld Dig 2, nice game, I prefer the first as the second felt shorter and easier because of the added stuff. Next up, probably every Neo-Geo game in a row as I record the gameplay.
    * Jigen has joined #neo-geo
    * ChanServ sets mode: +a Jigen
    <BonusBot> [Jigen] <Double up or quit, Devils take a split! The Ace of Spades!>

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Super Stardust Ultra endless mode, ESPerade Psy on Switch and messing around with Ultracore and Xeno Crisis on MD.

Shelved Bloodstained. Picked it up as a casual thing I can dip into on portable but I realise Metroidvania's aren't really my thing anymore. Prefer just straight arcade action. It didn't help that the Switch port was below par. Some of the textures are pretty bad, and 30 fps still, even after the patches?

The soundtrack certainly didn't keep me there either - nothing memorable, and certainly nowhere close to SOTN.
    Last edited by OverDrone; 08-19-2020 at 06:40 PM.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

It's a puzzling time, between Magical Drop 2 and 3, and the Konami Taisen Puzzle Dama games. Would do some Puyo Puyo Tsuu on the PS2 as I still have to finish up the Rally Mode on that (about 5-7 characters still to go as I cannot 1CC this game at all, no matter the console/handheld version I own, 8 in total).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Metal64's Avatar

Michael Jacksons Moonwalker for sega genesis

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Since my Darius Cozmic Collection Console version came in I've been mucking about with Darius Force/Super Nova and a few of the others.

The Master System Sagaia - something I've never played before now - is deeply impressive just how little is lost in translation to the 8-bit. The game is not afraid to throw some major flak at you later on, and most of the enemy waves and their attack patterns are represented faithfully. The stage graphics are good, bosses are superbly detailed and look great.

On the down side you'll recognise the tunes, but being the Master System there is the usual dinky instruments and lack of bass filling in for the original, otherwordly tracks. The hardware had to give somewhere, and its in the music department. Originally being a Euro release, there is no FM soundtrack to fall back on either of course.

The Super Famicom Darius Force introduces some interesting wrinkles into the formula, starting with three craft to choose from and selectable missile/bomb effects in-game, which adds a nice extra tactical layer to the way you approach the stages. Also holding both missile and bomb like the old games now fires a weaker version of both as a trade off; you must use one or the other to get the full effect. Graphics are nice though not exceptional given the '93 release date, there's some warping visual FX, transparencies and so on livening up the proceedings. I'm really noticing the low res of the SNES now though, it has to be said. IMO extra background layers and alpha effects weren't a great trade off for screen resolution - I guess its more obvious now we aren't gaming through RF and composite.

Sound wise, the usual super-compressed sounding spot FX for explosions etc are decent, the soundtrack has its moments (stage 1 is legit for sure)

Definitely a solid home entry for the series - although it still won't touch the MD Darius II port I'd imagine.

I've been knee-deep in Fallout New Vegas for the past 2 weeks. Right now I'm in Dead Money, my favorite (yes, for real) DLC.
    With the new trailer for Little Nightmares 2, I really want to replay the 1st game again as well.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Finished the story a year ago but just playing some side quests and taking over forts for fun in AC Odyssey on PS4. I am just biding time till I get to replay one of my fave games from last-gen now ported to PS4. Kingdoms of Amalur. One of the best RPGs from last gen. Sadly no one played it.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Marvel Avengers.

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

Cannon Spike. Playing it for the first time and using the Retro Fighters DC pad. I like the game but the aiming is a pain sometimes. This game needs a second stick. That will always be the one thing I think, did SEGA really not understand the need of a second stick? Even some of their own games needed it like Virtual On.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

Thread Information