Quantcast

Page 103 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2217

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
    It's kind of fun. The story is wacko and some of the animal friends are annoying to use but generally it's an alright game.

It's not $100-200 fun, but it's fun.
    Yeah, that's why I decided to emulate. I'm not paying $100 for a loose copy. You'd think square made it or something
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

More Fusion experimentation today

Beyond Oasis: It's good, but I think Crusader is better. The combat is definitely fun. The music is a real buzz-kill. Was Yuzo suffering depression when he wrote it?

Air Buster: Totally Excellent! I blew 4 credits on the stage 3 boss before I realized you need to shoot off its turrets before you can destroy it

After Burner Complete: Yeah, it's a great game, but my USB gamepad isn't optimal for it.

Kawasaki Superbike Challenge: Really cool racing game and handles much better than the F1 game that uses the same engine, but shame it's a simulation. I don't want to do a qualifying run before each race.

Sunset Riders: I was really impressed at how fun it was. I was expecting crap from what I heard about the small amount of ROM konami used. The music is amazing, sounds just like the arcade.

RES-Q: Fun, but got stuck on the second level. Will have to revisit
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.

Ninetailed Noob Raging in the Streets KitsuneNight's Avatar

alisia dragoon
    got stuck in level 5
    Kitsune in a hat

I played my Saturn copy of Rockman X3 last night. It pained me to unwrap it. It just looked so shiny and perfect. IDK how a game from 1996 can go this long without being opened. People had to have owned it. Anyway, the game is great. I enjoy it more than the SNES version I've had forever. The music is a lot better, the cutscenes are fun to watch, it's nice to be able to save and not write down passwords, the sound effects are nicer, and the graphics appear sharper (maybe that's just me). The only buzz kill is the load times, but I'm nothing if not patient. I don't like how much the drive seeks when it loads, though.

Played through more of Saturn X3 tonight. I haven't spent time with the game in years, what with my SNES not being my focus for a while. I'm having a hard time remembering where everything is, but the helmet part helps with that. I forgot how much of a bastard Byte is. That three hit combo is the worst.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

The clear on Thunder Force IV is in the bag. I've game overed on the final boss a couple of times now, just had to learn how to avoid a couple of his attacks. I still have to stop losing the shield in stage 7, it's costing me an unnecessary life or two if I'm unlucky.

I'm also working on Viewpoint (MD). Once again, good shield management will get you far. Plus for some reason the game throws a ton of score-based extends at you in the third level, surely it's not like this on the Neo version. The slowdown is definitely helpful on the Mega Drive, pity it sticks around when you don't actually need it.

shenmue

currently im looking for thailors

are you guys thailors ?

thailors ?
    Kitsune in a hat

It's that time again! Road Rasher HalfBit's Avatar

Dc

My grandma is a thailor

Currently I'm playing unreal tournament, power stone, etc.

I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning right now since it was on sale on Steam last week. Great game, I really like it. There's just one thing though... the whole "Reckoning" thing where you build up a power meter and go into "Reckoning Mode" and finish off enemies through QTES. It's so fucking obnoxious (and really doesn't work well with mouse and keyboard... my right mouse button spam speed is far slower than the others). I just have this feeling that this was entirely a design choice shoehorned in by the EA marketing division for the sake of a stupid bullet point. Just like the redundant sub-title. I can't think anyone believes this is cool and makes the game better. Other than the publisher going through a checklist of "features" to tack on.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training CoconutMan's Avatar

Playing megaman the wily wars, took down all megaman 1's robot masters but getting slaughtered repeatedly by dr.wily's stage

Playing Rayman the Atari jaguar version. I like the Saturn version more just feels nicer, maybe it's the controller?

I've been addicted to the original Saturn Daytona lately. IDK why, but it's a lot more enjoyable than Circuit Edition. The handling is easier and the music is better, maybe that's why. Also put in KOF 96 before bed last night. I like it more than 97, probably because it has actual music and not just crowd noise in every stage. Ryo, Robert, and Yuri are beasts.

^ well yeah cce is a "remake"
    it doesn thandle anything like the original if you dont have a ps3 or xbox 360 and havent bougth the model 2 version on those the saturn version is still the best console version
    Kitsune in a hat

Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneNight View Post
    ^ well yeah cce is a "remake"
    it doesn thandle anything like the original if you dont have a ps3 or xbox 360 and havent bougth the model 2 version on those the saturn version is still the best console version
    I have the xbla version too. That's obviously the best one you can get, but you have to have it on the Saturn.

i suddenly have the urge to play the saturn version again
    Kitsune in a hat

Thread Information