Quantcast

Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2216

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training The Reverend 330 Mega's Avatar

It's been almost 30 years, but I'm playing Cosmic Fantasy 2 again. Just got to this part:

* Jigen has joined #neo-geo
    * ChanServ sets mode: +a Jigen
    <BonusBot> [Jigen] <Double up or quit, Devils take a split! The Ace of Spades!>

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

Gear.Club Unlimited 2.

First one was a mobile port but this one is exclusive to the system. Only played a few races. It looks decent for the hardware. It plays ok but I feel there is sometimes too many turns and turning in this game isn't the easiest. Tho later cars have much better handling. I can upgrade the cars. This is not going to challenge Forza in any facet anytime soon but if you want a more realistic looking racer on the system this is an option. I know there are others on it and others coming but not all are physical. Not played any other racer on the system that aims for a more realistic look. I'm more excited for Xenon Racer.

Also played some Burning Rangers today.

Might play some Onrush on PS4 later.
    Last edited by Leynos; 12-04-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets Leynos's Avatar

MONSTER BOY!

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Tried to play NHL hockey on xbox a bit ago, but there's a 27 GB update that needs to download. I last played it like 2 or 3 days ago, what the heck. F1 2018 required an update yesterday, but at least it was a small one that only took a few minutes. I just really hate this crap with the modern consoles. Anyway, that's why I'm dicking around on sega-16 now, hahaha.

This past week I played through the main story modes of Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6, and those were both a lot of fun. And both still have a lot more to offer in offline content, so I'm not done with them yet.

For a few weeks, I was playing Red Dead 2. It's definitely a great game, I just kind of hit the wall with it for now. In the main story, I'm somewhere in either chapter 4 or 5, but honestly I spend most of my time going off and doing my own thing like hunting, fishing, robbing, getting into side missions, et cetera. The game has tons to do, and is so interactive. If something gets out of hand, it doesn't take long for an entire posse to start hunting me down. Lots of fun, it's just that the main story is kind of meh to me. I loved the story in the first Red Dead Redemption, but this one just hasn't clicked with me. The rest of the world more than makes up for it though.

Finally, Star Wars Rebel Assault for the 3do just arrived in the mail today, and I'll be firing that up soon. I played this game a ton on PC at my buddy's house as a kid in the early 90s, and loved it. I picked up a copy for the Sega CD about 10 years ago, and while it was playable, it just isn't very good. I played through it once, and dont think I've touched it since. I recently found out it was released for 3do, and decided to pick up a copy from ebay. Hopefully it'll be just as great as the original PC version.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post

Finally, Star Wars Rebel Assault for the 3do just arrived in the mail today, and I'll be firing that up soon. I played this game a ton on PC at my buddy's house as a kid in the early 90s, and loved it. I picked up a copy for the Sega CD about 10 years ago, and while it was playable, it just isn't very good. I played through it once, and dont think I've touched it since. I recently found out it was released for 3do, and decided to pick up a copy from ebay. Hopefully it'll be just as great as the original PC version.
    That was basically my experience, too. My tiny brain was totally blown by Rebel Assault on my friendís computer, so when I got a PlayStation a few years later, that was one of the first games I picked up. And itís sequel. And Dark Forces.

Unfortunately, I think by the time I played RA on the PlayStation, I had already been introduced to ďrealĒ 3D flight games like Warhawk and StarFox 64, so Rebel Assault ultimately just didnít compare. I donít think I picked up either again after I beat them.

I didn't realize Rebel Assault was ported to the Playstation. I missed that one. I played the sequel on the PS, but I didn't think it was as good as the first game.

The reason I didnt like the Sega CD version of the game was mostly because of the controls. The ship just controlled terribly. If I recall, you had to kind of hold left and down together or right and down together to get the ship to turn slightly right or left. It was bizarre. And rather slow and unresponsive. Plus, the graphics were a pixellated mess. The 3do version should at least allay the graphical issue, but I hope the controls are better. I haven't started it yet. I'll play it this weekend.

Now that you mention it... I donít know if I did get the first RA on the PlayStation. I knew I had the second one, so I just assumed I had the original. Iíll look into it

Prof, your thinking was correct, I was mis-remembering. I only had Rebel Assault II on the PlayStation.

Tried out Knights of the Round and halfway into that. I beat Armored Warriors on the Capcom Belt Action Collection.

They should do a collection like this of Fighting games on the CPS III system. That way Red Earth would finally come to home consoles.

Shikhondo: Soul Eater

Very stylish vertical shmup. My main issue is that when you die the menu pops up so fast,you're still holding the analog stick up and so the continue and exit are so close together so if like me you want to continue fast, you may accidentally pick exit and lose all your progress. They need to put in a "Are you sure you want to exit the game" thing in there. Budget game or not, this is a big flaw to me. Overall I'm liking it,2 stages in. They game has classic Japanese paintings as the backgrounds and enemies. The bosses so far have been anime demon girls. One of them bent over with her tits hanging down. That one took me by surprise as this isn't some fetish game. She does turn into some demon with a wolf vagina....maybe it is a fetish game....um... Japan can be weird. Outside of that one boss, everything has been mostly what you expect out of that classic Japanese painting style of backgrounds and Demons.

For the record, Rebel Assault is great on the 3do, blows the Sega CD version away. The graphics are crisp and clear like the PC original, it includes all the levels, and most importantly, the controls are much better than the Sega CD. They seem a little twitchy at first, but that just means extremely responsive and you get used to them quick. It's flight stick compatible, but I dont have one. There are so many flight and space shooter games on 3do that I'd like to get one, but I think they're rare and pricey.

Edit: I freaking hate the levels that require you to dodge asteroids and shoot ships at the same time. Oh, my gosh do I hate those levels. You can shoot the ice asteroids, but not the rock ones. It's rail shooter style, so you have limited movement, and there's crap everywhere. The whole thing is a very frustrating exercise. But other than that, I really like the game.
    Last edited by profholt82; 12-13-2018 at 10:35 PM.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Psyvariar Delta PS4 version. Finally starting to get a grip on buzzing effectively which is a good thing, never put enough time into the blurry-ass PS2 version BITD. Now it's starting to really click.

I was playing around with the Psykyo collections on my recently acquired Switch as well, but they have some hella input lag going on TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post
    Psyvariar Delta PS4 version. Finally starting to get a grip on buzzing effectively which is a good thing, never put enough time into the blurry-ass PS2 version BITD. Now it's starting to really click.

I was playing around with the Psykyo collections on my recently acquired Switch as well, but they have some hella input lag going on TBH.
    Ok,what the fuck is going on? Dispatch games are a bunch of scamming fucks. They promised the physical game would ship in the summer,then said October 31st. Nothing. I ask them. They tell me November 20th. Nothing. I ask them again. They say within the next week. Over 2 weeks later nothing. MOTHERFUCKERS! The game is out and they are not sending me the physical copy and keep fucking with me?
    Last edited by Leynos; 12-14-2018 at 02:42 AM.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Nah, it's delayed alright. I picked up the Japanese version from PlayAsia, and judging from the delays I'm glad I did. The game menus can all be set to English anyhow.

MegaRace 3 on PC.
    That intro...is certainly....something.

POD Gold. For its era, the environments are kinda cool. I can't fully judge how it controls as I been just using the Keyboard. It's been fine so far but no doubt a late 90s PC game.

Thread Information