Quantcast

Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2261

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

The Future is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingESWAT Veteran Leynos's Avatar

This afternoon. I went into a sunlit retro gaming room with the dual CRTs. I put on 90s music. Read 90s gaming magazines. (Gamefan & Next-Gen) Then played Gaurdian Heroes on Saturn. It was so peacful.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

[PSN] Segata-S //[Switch] FC-SW 3892 5228 2895 //[XBL]Dogi99

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarmSignal View Post
    I was playing Top Gear SNES the other day. Overlooked gem because it's a racer.
    I love that game. Actually, the entire series is good, and each game offers enough differences to make it a unique experience. I like how pitting is so integral in the first game. That adds a strategic element where you have to estimate your timings and fuel levels just right to be able to win the race, at least on the later stages. Avoid the Genesis port of TG2 though, it sucks compared to the Snes.

I played through Top Gear 3000 for the first time earlier this year. It was definitely the most difficult of the series for me, but there were more tracks and upgradable parts than the first two games. And since it is a futuristic racer, there are some crazy modifications you can make to your car. It has gotten rather expensive though, at least compared to 1 and 2.

13 Sentinels.
    From Vanillaware. This game is really interesting. It has two genres. Adventure when in classroom settings but also jumps to different time periods like the 40s. 80s. 2020s. 2060s and beyond. It's wild. The second part of the game is RTS and tower defense. I'm not into RTS games but this is cool so far. Something about this game feels like a Saturn game that never left Japan even tho it has the option for full English VA. This game has all the makings of something that might be hard to find later physically.

Excalibur 2555 (PS1). Early polygon action adventure, tank controls, straight forward dungeon crawling meets Tomb Raider. I love this kinda stuff. Combat is oddly satisfying, music is fantastic. This game is super obscure too, don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it before.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Iíve heard of the game, but never played it.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

After finishing The Last of Us Part II and then Days Gone I needed a retro fix.

I'm currently playing Wonder Boy in Monster Land and I'm loving it. I don't know why it has taken me so long to give it a serious play.

I'm currently in the Labyrinth/Castle; and I love seeing the labyrinth return. The game is throwing lots of Legendary Gear at me so I feel like I'm getting close to the end.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One zilogandmoto's Avatar

This week, it's still been me slogging through Yakuza 0 (I like it a lot, but it does have a grind to it in places), and playing Astro Warrior for this week's review for the channel.

Omega Boost. Man this game is a gen ahead of the hardware it's on. Fantastic game!
    Wolf Fang. Loving this!
    G-Darius. As great as ever and this game blew me away in 1997.
    Strider 2. Finally playing it on a CRT with real hardware is great!

So, believe it or not, I had never played the Genesis port of Mortal Kombat before. I just wasn't a MK guy back in the day, as I didn't like the whole block button as opposed to holding back situation. But decided it was time to dust it off and give it a look this week, and I actually had a lot of fun with it. Also, the music is pretty great, better than the SNES version for sure.

Oh, and I'm still crawling toward the finish line in Yakuza 0. But getting closer, I think I've done just about all the side stuff I'm going to do. I'm not going to waste time playing those Japanese card games or Mahjong. It's cool they included that stuff, but I'm already at almost 100 hours, it's just too much.

I finally finished Yakuza 0 the other day. Only got about 90 Percent complete, but that last 10 percent just isn't happening. It's mainly some of the harder rhythm games, plus Mahjong and the Japanese gambling games, the rhythm seems too difficult for me to pull off, and I just have no interest in spending the time on the other stuff, especially after 120 hours. Jumped straight into Yakuza Kiwami, and played it for a few hours, but I think I need a break since the games are so similar.

In the meantime, I spared everyone a post about my Art Alive review, and instead will skip it and link my review of Rocky instead.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Through a 5 day vacation marred by sinus infection/sinusitis, and tons of sleep because of it, put a little time into Magical Taruruto-kun for the MD. I love that game, it's colorful, fun, and a great cheer you up game when you aren't feeling well. First time I really put into it since I bought a copy earlier this year.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Z Tetriminos's Avatar

Just finished a Master System game for the first time, Master of Darkness.
    Aside from the cheap difficulty, it's a great game. I'd die for an official or spiritual remake.
    "Oh but that's just Castlevania!"...Yeah the gameplay is. But not the Victorian England setting, and the main character being a "normal human" has dragged me into it.

Now I guess I'm gonna try out Hades on Steam.

I never knew Ico started off on the PS1.

Probably the best looking PS1 game judging by this footage.

How is Ridge Racer V supposed to be played? Seems like letting off the gas throws the car into a spin.

Edit: the answer is drifting.
    Last edited by Blades; 01-04-2021 at 01:03 AM.

Yakuza Like a Dragon PS4. In Chapter 10 now. I earned the SEGA soundtrack CDs from Rent a Hero,NiGHTS,Persona and such. Mainly listen to Persona 5 when in the bar. Seems fitting. Liking the game more than I thought but still have some issues. I still much prefer Y0 or Judgment. I do like the Dragon Quest talk through the game.

Thread Information