Quantcast

Page 47 of 148 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: General Game Comment Thread. What are YOU Playing Today?

Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar

All I've been playing is Torchlight & messing around with the TorchED toolkit.

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

I've played an assload of video games this weekend, and thought I'd chime in on them with a grade and short review, a la Video Game Critic

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - A+. I can't wait to get this game! Wow, I thought they couldn't get any better than the first one, and the gameplay is spectacular! I just love the two player scenarios (I guess it's their way to make up for not allowing guests on Xbox Live). And the SNOWMOBILE!

NCAA Football 08 - A-. This is my NCAA Football game of choice, even though they don't have most of the MAC stadiums available to play in with my CMU Chippewas. The game play is fluid, not difficult to pick up and is fun to sink my teeth into.

NCAA Football 10 - B-. Wow. I thought this game would have been spectacular. It looks spectacular, they finally have CMU's stadium (even though it looks exactly like it did in 2005 and not now), and the motions are almost life like. So what was it that I didn't like. YOU CAN'T PLAY DEFENSE TO SAVE YOUR LIFE! All you have to do is pass it 90% of the time and be smart about it and you will win. My friend and I played this Friday and we played three games. He beat me the first time big (21-0 21 skunk rule) and then I chose someone other than CMU and I won against Florida and Michigan both by the score of 78-77. WTF!

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - B+. I liked this disc, and I love raking up the achievement points (almost ridiculously easy for some of them, some of them really difficult - the Mean Bean Machine one especially), but I liked this game. The only thing I took offense to is why they put some games in there, like ESWAT and Alien Storm, those games weren't really great.

Gameboy:

Super Mario Land 3: Warioland - A. I like this game, it's a welcome refresh from the regular NES games.

TMNT: Back From The Sewers: B. Not bad for a TMNT gameboy game, I thought that this game was a little too easy to wipe through the enemies and just get to the bosses, who were just a bit harder. Meh.

TMNT: Fall of the Footclan: B-. Much similar to the other one, this one was even easier! This one gives you other weapons and attacks besides the normal ones. Kind of boring after the first level.

Star Wars: F. Exactly the same as the miserable, miserable, miserable NES game.

Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: D. Basically just a port of the balls hard but fairly decent SNES title, this game has poor graphics, and irritating gameplay. It's disappointing, though very well ported. It just sucks.

Wave Race: F. I guess if you wanted to make a jet ski racing game on gameboy, this would be the way to do it. It sucks though! You can't ever get an advantage on the opponents position, the display flickers and the game can't figure out what place you're in sometimes. Balls. Cool logo and cart label though!

Wheel of Fortune: D-. Wow, Gametek, I know this was an early GB game, but come on! Who wants to play a very slow version of WOF with really bad wheel physics and slow gameplay? I can just imagine this game being not too bad for 80's road trips and passing around the Gameboy, but it could be better. It's basically a Tiger handheld version of the game, but it's slow and there's a timer on everything!

Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2nd Edition: B. It's Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: 2nd Edition sans Regis. Sans anyone!

Super Mario Brothers DX: A. Wow, they took the classic SMB, zoomed in the camera, and added a whole new mode plus a bunch of other doodads! I really like the challenge mode, it spices it up even though I think some of the score challenges are too tough. This is a must buy if you want to play a new version of SMB.

Mario Golf: A. Wow, what a portable golf game! I can't imagine a better portable golf game up until Hot Shots Golf Teed Up! There's a huge story mode you can play too! Just check this one out. Great game. Mario Tennis for GBC is kind of the same way, though not quite as fun as Mario Golf.
    Sega-16's Resident Sports Authority. Chief Heckler of the Midwest.

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

I've played nothing but Genesis/Megadrive the last two days.

Alien Soldier
    Comix Zone
    Sol-Deace
    Gaiares
    Cool Spot
    Legend of Galahad
    Streets of Rage 3
    Forgotten Worlds
    Haunting starring Polterguy
    Dynamite Headdy (Jap ver)
    Mega Turrican
    Robocop vs. Terminator
    Steel Empire

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Woa! This thread DOES move fast! Lol.

EDIT: Oops! My bad. Lol. Confused it with the "I'm bored... What are you doing today?" thread.

Super "FUCKING" Mario 64
    Still lovin it

Are You OKAY?!?! Road Rasher JackieBogard's Avatar

Mortal Kombat for genesis.

and wow, its actually kinda fun. but its missing quite a bit of animation and sub-zero has scorpions stance, which sucks cause sub-zeros stance is quite a bit cooler.

Chess Grand Master Outrunner Hiarcs's Avatar

QuackShot

calms the beef min Outrunner TheRollingStoner's Avatar

Today I'm playing Bonanza Bros for the Genesis, and I gotta say, it is quite enjoyable. Robbing companies blind has never been so much fun. I am awaiting on my copy of Bloodlines to come, I think and hope that it will be here tomorrow. If does come, I don't have to tell you what I'll be playing then. Maybe later I'll fire up some NHL 94, I loves that game. Later, gator.
    I'm only interested in two things: Titties and beer. Ya know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lizard View Post
    Best thread title ever.

Have Facebook?!
    I sure do
    Wanna join a cult?!
    You bet I do mister!!
    Join my cult, we need you.

http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=59554264634

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

The Revenge of Shinobi, again.
    Got to the final boss, again.
    Got my ass handed to me, again.

Dungeon Keeper (third time I've played through it). This game will eat your life if you let it.

Waiting for a famiclone to arrive ("famicom patible"). It was very cheap, comes with Hatris (I don't know how I've lived so long without a hat based puzzle game ) and should satisfy all my other auld Japan-nes game needs. (If it works!)

Got the following games for my Birthday friday...

NHL 2K10 (360)
    New Super Mario Bros. WII
    Tekken 6 (360)
    Uncharted 2 (PS3)

I've been playing the heck out of NHL and Tekken... both are great fun.. Me and the Wife have been slowly progressing through NSMB.. but dang it can be hard with two players.. can't imagine what 4 would be like.. and i haven't even openend Uncharted yet...
    Proud Owner of the Following Sega Hardware: 1-Master System, 3-Genesis Model1's, 5-Genesis Model2's, 1-Sega CD Model1, 1-Sega CD Model2, 5-32x's, 1-Nomad, 2 Saturn Model1's, 1 Saturn Model2, 1 Dreamcast, 1 Sega Sports Dreamcast

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

SNK Classics Vol. 1 - PS2

Raging in the Streets

Finished Halo; on to Halo 2. First impression: I'm a dual-machinegun-wielding, unstoppable, killing machine ... until I get lost, run around in circles, then Restart from Checkpoint in frustration. It's nice to see where the ODST plot picks up, though

Played lots of Death Smiles the last couple of days.
    I'm almost - almost - nailing the last stage with suicide bullets...

creepy sega witch WCPO Agent Karakasa-Obake's Avatar

More Phantasy Star Zero. Died on the final boss, now I have to go through the whole place AGAIN. I lack the motivation for it at the moment, seeing as I nearly died just trying to get to the final boss.

Thread Information