Quantcast

Page 575 of 726 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625675 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 10883

Thread: Official Sega-16 Haul Thread. 4.0

I consider PBC to be $40-45. Nothing more but if less then OK!
    Sega Genesis Master Set Collector
    https://vgcollect.com/Tripredacus/gen

NES mania.

Sometimes the video game gods smile upon you... All Xbox games $5, including Conker....

Picked a box of SNES games for $15
    Included FF2, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound. (!)

Quote Originally Posted by MIZPHIT View Post
    Ryse: Son Of Rome XB1, God Of War Collection PS3, William Friedkin's SORCERER Blu-ray, Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone 8.1 & Souls Of Mischief - 93 'Til Infinity 2-disc 20th Anniversary Edition
    I just watched Sorcerer yesterday and what a great movie. Who would have though a movie about transporting Nitroglycerin in two trucks across a jungle could be so intense. And Roy Scheider's character is just great! He should have won an Oscar for this one. It's just bad luck Star Wars came out that same year and knocked this movie into obscurity.

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandplasma View Post
    Post that on NintendoAge, now. I just want to see how they react.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Blast Processed! Outrunner MIZPHIT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFLY View Post
    I just watched Sorcerer yesterday and what a great movie. Who would have though a movie about transporting Nitroglycerin in two trucks across a jungle could be so intense. And Roy Scheider's character is just great! He should have won an Oscar for this one. It's just bad luck Star Wars came out that same year and knocked this movie into obscurity.
    Sorcerer is a nail-biter! Such a great movie. It was trashed by the critics back then as well. Over the years, opinions have definitely changed. And as intense and violent as the movie is, it was rated PG. Crazy.

oh, hello there WCPO Agent Robivy64's Avatar

Got this weird Japanese computer in the mail...

Win.

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    Post that on NintendoAge, now. I just want to see how they react.
    I did lol, not too nicely but they came around at the end.
    http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...hreadid=126924

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

I remember reading about this haul on another forum, they linked to that NA thread (the starting 2 pages of that thread were a riot, like you found these games by black magic or something). Nice haul you got yourself there, quite a lucky one if you ask me. Deals can still be found, just have to be patient and look around (applies to ebay as well as locally).

Picked up 5 games myself off ebay today:

SFC:
    Super Valis IV

PS1:
    Gauntlet Legends, caught flack from some irc friends over buying this version, I find it fun

PS2:
    Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2 - could never find this damned thing locally to go with the first volume I have

Saturn:
    Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzle-dama - the only Tokimeki Memorial I'll ever play (besides the 2nd Puzzle-dama), comes with a trading card and spinecard. Got it for dirt cheap too

Chibi Maruko-chan Taisen Puzzle-dama - more Puzzle-dama, got it for a fair price with spinecard and registration

Two SMS games from the UK

Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.

Granada!

Columns! That's the US SMS release

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Bought 5 games:

PS1:
    Gauntlet Legends

SFC:
    Super Valis IV

PS2:
    Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol 2

Saturn:
    Chibi Maruko-Chan no Taisen Puzzle Dama
    Tokimeki Memorial Taisen Puzzle Dama

Love these puzzlers, including Puyo Puyo, which these Taisen Puzzle Damas play like.

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

Garage Sales! $34 bought me all this:

Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

RORRING STAAAAART! Master of Shinobi FuturePrimitive's Avatar

I bought an untested SEGA Master System on eBay for a good price. It's the later revision of the Model 1 Made in Taiwan 1988. This is my first Master System, so I gave it some TLC and cleaning like I do for all my other games.

It arrived in sad shape, but the case was miraculously intact. The below photo doesn't show how much nasty grime, dirt, rust, dustbunnies, hair, and glue covered and filled the console. Needless to say, I had my work cut out for me.

BEFORE:

After several hours of hard work, multiple stages of cleaning inside and out, and some delicate details, it finally came out pretty nice. It looks like an F-117 or one of those new stealth navy ships! I'm not sure if all Master Systems use this type of matte satin, soft, sort of rubbery plastic, but it's very fragile. The case is prone to scratches and dents, and difficult to refurbish. I'd consider it about 90% complete, since I have to clean the cartridge slot connector, take care of the rust problem, and do some finishing touches.

I plugged it into composite with a Model 1 Genesis power supply, and what do you know... IT WORKS GREAT! Played some Hang-On and Snail Maze, since I don't have any cartridges. This Master System looked like a basket case when I got it, but after some TLC, it lives again! I plan on upgrading it to FM sound soon. Looking forward to joining the Master System club!

AFTER:

BONUS PHOTO: Here's the Master System next to my Genesis/CD on the big industrial shelf I recently put together.

Reviews in the pipeline:
    Choplifter (Master System and SG-1000)
    Ys: The Vanished Omens with FM Sound Patch!

Thread Information