Quantcast

Page 576 of 726 FirstFirst ... 76476526566572573574575576577578579580586626676 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 10883

Thread: Official Sega-16 Haul Thread. 4.0

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

All CIB, Lunar was $20, Sonic and Baku Baku were $20 together

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Another two MD games I forgot to post earlier

Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Not a ton this month, but I managed to snag a few good ones. My Comix Zone reseal was a little disappointing, but it's a great game at a great price, so I can't complain.

Phone defaults to tiny res every time I need to pull the battery. Anyhow, I think you can make out most of them except maybe Arkista's Ring on the bottom right.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Profholt, nice pickup on the Metal Slug Anthology. I remember picking it up along with Samurai Shodown Anthology on the PS2 a little while after they came out. I have not seen another copy of each for sale again after I bought my copies, didn't know MSA had gone up that much. It seems the Sam Sho one has increased in value as well, paid $14.99 for each one, though MSA still has a $19.99 Play N Trade sticker on it, but didn't get charged that much for it. Six months or so later, same game shop, I find a copy of Metal Slug XX (redo of MS 7 from the DS) for a little under $20, another one I've never seen a copy of down here again.

The Metal Slug games are a blast to play, even if you aren't good at them.
    Last edited by Bloodreign; 05-29-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Bloodreign,
    The Samurai Shodown Anthology is actually still in the $20 range, and it's definitely near the top of my list as far as games to get. I'm not sure why the Metal Slug Anthology shot up so high. Anyway, I can't get enough of these Neo Geo compilations. Short of modding an old xbox or something, this is probably the only way I'll ever get to play all those great games. And yeah, even though I'm not that good at most of the Metal Slug games, I have a blast playing them. The fact that they're all coin-op is nice because I often have a ton of deaths before beating them.

Don't those PS2 SNK Anthologies have not-so-good emulation? Or am I thinking of the Wii compilation discs?

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    Don't those PS2 SNK Anthologies have not-so-good emulation? Or am I thinking of the Wii compilation discs?
    Personally, in the games I've tried, I've noticed very little lag. There was one on SNK Arcade Classics that was rough, but most of the titles on that one ran very well. I've heard that the PAL edition of the PS2 Metal Slug Anthology is very laggy, but other than Metal Slug 2 (which because it was laggy on the NeoGeo is why they made Metal Slug X), all of the games ran well on my NTSC PS2. There is some loading time which obviously the NeoGeo didn't have, but it's really not bad. Every game's load times were under 30 seconds.

I also have Fatal Fury Battle Archives for PS2 and there was no lag which I could notice. That was a worry of mine going in obviously because they are fighting games. I hope there are no issues with SamSho because I plan on picking that one up next.

Bought a big lot of stuff locally. 140$

Early model (oval button) Saturn console lot, working great

Tested/working boxed Vic-20 lot

As Is Genesis lot. One of them is a 3/4 mobo VA3 with sony encoder. +As is colecovision

As Is Ti-99 with accessories

As is Atari 2600 lot.

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

A Japanese Rumble Pak!

Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

Sleepaway Camp, Mario Kart 8, and SD2SNES

Console Wars

Master of Shinobi cheaterdragon1's Avatar

Garage Sales are the best! $18.50 for everything.

Owner of the Nintendo 64 fansite Micro-64.
    Join us in our Facebook Group.

Some more retro game soundtracks to add to the collection:

Metal Slader Glory Original Soundtrack

Soundtrack from the Famicom graphic adventure game from HAL - first pressing contains second CD with the demo source music

Thunder Force III 2014 & Thunder Force IV 2014 Original Soundtracks and Wai Wai World 1 & 2 Sound Collection

Reissues of the Tecnosoft's Thunder Force III and Thunder Force IV soundtracks with an arranged 2014 bonus track for each. Wai Wai World 1 & 2 Sound Collection has the Famicom originals as well as the mobile FM & PCM versions.

^There's an arranged version for every track, or just one arranged track on each disc?

Nine arranged on TF3 and five on TF4. The last arranged track on each disc is the new 2014 "Hot" arrange version that wasn't on the earlier cd releases.

Thread Information