Quantcast

Page 334 of 726 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344384434 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 10883

Thread: Official Sega-16 Haul Thread. 4.0

You could get probably $80 out of the case alone. If you got a working VB the set would be $200+ I think

PunkicCyborg Road Rasher ELabit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Virtual Boy with cool Blockbuster Case
    Controller
    Power Adapter
    2 Battery Packs
    2 Games
    -Red Alarm
    -Wario Land.
    I had a Saturn with a cool Blockbuster rental case too. I had a big saturn sticker on the front and everything was cut out perfectly for the accessories and cords. Nice find!

oh, hello there WCPO Agent Robivy64's Avatar

For the love of all things holy don't put the eye piece in the oven...

Just re-flow the solder on the ribbon connector.

The VB oven fix is the worst thing to come out of console repairing since the Xbox 360 "towel fix" and "12 cent fix".

Nice score by the way

Finally scored a 68881 FPU chip for the X68000. A buddy of mine in Japan is sending me an X68000 FPU PCB to install this guy in.

And what do that upgrade does when installed into the computer?? It's some sort of extra CPU to aid the main CPU?? can you run Samurai Shodown and Fatal Fury Special with that setup?

This is a floating point processor that will offload some of the math from the 68000. Most games do not support this co-processor, but there are some key titles that do (Cho Ren Sha 68k for example). To run Fatal Fury I will need to upgrade the memory.

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Robivy64 View Post
    This is a floating point processor that will offload some of the math from the 68000. Most games do not support this co-processor, but there are some key titles that do (Cho Ren Sha 68k for example). To run Fatal Fury I will need to upgrade the memory.
    How much RAM do you need to run Fatal Fury Special, 4MB? I think it's the same with Super Street Fight II. I know SUPER X68000's come with 2MB RAM, so I'm assuming that's how much RAM yours has.

Mine has the stock 2MB, which is what you need to play 95% of the games.

Additional RAM for this thing costs a mint. I don't need to play Fatal Fury, SSFII, or Mahou Daisakusan on this beast.

I quit video games ESWAT Veteran

Mine has the stock 2MB, which is what you need to play 95% of the games.

Additional RAM for this thing costs a mint. I don't need to play Fatal Fury, SSFII, or Mahou Daisakusan on this beast.
    That's good to know, because I'm gonna buy one some day. So if the majority of the games will play with 2MB RAM, that's fine with me. I guess I'll be getting a SUPER X68000 like the one you've got.

I have been meaning to make an "X68000 buyer's guide" video for about a month, but with a possible move to Texas looming in the distance, it will have to wait.

Anyone who is a Mega Drive fan (and who here isn't) NEEDS, and I mean NEEDS to own one of these. It is like a Mega Drive on steroids.

Without going into all of the details, the Super or Super HD is the model to buy IMO. The XVI has a faster CPU, but at nearly 2x the cost. Only a very small handful of games truly benefit from the extra 6 MHz.

Done with Sega-16 (sorta) Master of Shinobi

The XVI has a faster CPU, but at nearly 2x the cost. Only a very small handful of games truly benefit from the extra 6 MHz.
    Would Geograph Seal benefit from it? I just bought a copy of it last week in preparation of getting an X68000 this year, and one of the guys on the SHMUP forums on System 11 suggested an XVI for that game.

Geograph Seal would benefit from it, as well as Mahou Daisakusan (which is the only game I know that recommends 16MHz on the box) and Star Wars.

Nemesis '90 supposedly has a special PCM audio feature if it detects a 16 MHz CPU and more than 4 MB of RAM.

The XVIs are sweet machines, but I couldn't justify the cost. Also I prefer the look of the original "Manhattan" models to the more angular XVI.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELabit View Post
    I had a Saturn with a cool Blockbuster rental case too. I had a big saturn sticker on the front and everything was cut out perfectly for the accessories and cords. Nice find!
    Hehe, I actually picked up one of those earlier this year too, they are really slick and I always feel like a gangster sliding out the case and unlatching it to pull out the Saturn.

For the love of all things holy don't put the eye piece in the oven...

Just re-flow the solder on the ribbon connector.

The VB oven fix is the worst thing to come out of console repairing since the Xbox 360 "towel fix" and "12 cent fix".

Nice score by the way
    Thanks for the info! Most of the tutorials on the web seem to recommend this oven fix, but I figure I could probably do the same thing with a heat gun? Other people have just recommended using packaging tape, but that seems a bit too ghetto and I don't feel confident enough to tin and solder those tiny connections to fix it the "true" way it should be done. Regardless, I still can't find a gamebit to get into this or my Nomad because they've got the super recessed screws, so I've got a thread on DP begging for help finding something that'll work

Oh, and it appears that the non-TMSS Genesis I found works great after some cleaning, plus the GameGear DOES work, I just hadn't plugged in the power adapter that I used to test it the other day :3
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Blast Processed!

Refurbed PS One arrived from eStarland.com today.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Just so anyone else here doesn't go for it... The eBay user herohiro sells a number of sega genesis systems using the same photo for each. The FCC ID in his photos shows as a non tmss version. They are not non tmss, or at least the one I got wasn't. What he failed to mention in his listing, aside from reusing the same photos, was that the one he was sending me had a crack in the rear and that the system looked like it had been dragged across a cement parking lot. I just contacted the seller to talk about returns.

Beware and learn from my mistake I guess. lol

Thread Information