Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incredible Hulk

Isolated Warrior Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

US Brown for sure! I wanted to like the hulk game, but yeah its shit. They should have digitzed lou farigno and based the game on the old show like Melf suggested. I would play a bad game if it has enough silly charm or character. I think heroes like superman and hulk could have good 2-d games if they employed different style gameplay that takes into account how badass the characters are. Hulk should be able to bust threw walls like crazy and smash most everything in the level, supes too, but just give em some dificult mission to accomplish in the level and some high power bosses like alien soldier and then you don't have hulk getting shot by henchmen like he was Dick Tracy.

So...can someone explain the appeal of the Incredible Hulk because I just don't get it. I mean, we all know he died when he fell from that helicopter so why do they keep making sequels? Ha! Seriously though, I haven't read the comics but the Hulk is always portrayed as so incredibly resistant to damage that it's...unrealistic-even for fantasy. It affects my suspension of disbelief.

I read that Wolverine regrew his body after being nuked from like a speck of bone marrow or something. That is the height of "unrealistic-even for fantasy" for me. Considering he's a Marvel character as well, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hulk has done something similar.

WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentfresh
    So...can someone explain the appeal of the Incredible Hulk because I just don't get it. I mean, we all know he died when he fell from that helicopter so why do they keep making sequels? Ha! Seriously though, I haven't read the comics but the Hulk is always portrayed as so incredibly resistant to damage that it's...unrealistic-even for fantasy. It affects my suspension of disbelief.
    I believe you refer to the made-for-TV "The Death of the Incredible Hulk". If this is the case (I never saw it), you just have to disgregard it as it has no relation whatsoever with the new movies.

The comic book Hulk is a character whose stories fluctuate heavily depending on the writer. My personal favorite was Peter David. And that sequence that had Liam Sharp's drawings was also nice, too bad it was so short.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    I read that Wolverine regrew his body after being nuked from like a speck of bone marrow or something. That is the height of "unrealistic-even for fantasy" for me. Considering he's a Marvel character as well, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hulk has done something similar.
    You are right, and amusingly enough it happened in a fight between Wolverine and the Hulk. Wolverines Adamantium claws were sharp enough to penetrated the Hulks skin and puncture his heart. Only it turned out Hulks skin isnt really impenetrable at all, its just healing at an amazing rate and the more angry he gets, the faster it heals.
    Euro... Trash... Girl

Wow! I was considering purchasing this game because I remember GameFan magazine gushing about it. Thanks for the warning.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I got Ultimate Destruction in the mail today, and WOW... it's awesome.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Death Adder's minion

haha me too when I played this game I couldn't even get through level 1! :-S

Well, the only good thing I can say about this game is that Hulk and Dr. Banner's sprites look good enough and that the US Gold and Probe logo sequence rocks.
    The rest? Well, I'll keep it simple and list my personal offenses right now:

- Dull backgrounds and repetitive enemy sprites.
    - Hulk's movements are ludicrous: when he walks, he looks like he's skating or moonwalking.
    - As much as I like Matt Furniss, his half-assed effort in this game is evident.
    - Collision detection is poor: trying to punch an enemy is an odyssey by itself...
    - ... While their bullets impact on Hulk constantly, causing a sensation of unfairness.
    - Even grabbing an item is hard due to poor controls and the aformentioned collision detection.

Overall, a real stinker. But I'll keep trying to make it past the first level. I've spent 24 years of my life trying and I won't surrender!

Thread Information