Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metal Head

Default Metal Head

Mechs are generally a good thing. Mech Warrior, Steel Battalion - both are great examples of how to do the genre right. Unfortunately, Metal Head is a prime example of the opposite. Want to know how not to make a game for a software-starved system? Read our review of this train wreck and learn!
    Last edited by Melf; 02-14-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

It's funny, if you change something in the settings (I forget) the guy who gives you mission briefings will be a cartoony looking person, not some old dude.

When I bought my copy it'd crash after the first level, until I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. Then it worked and I regretted cleaning it since. This game is really bad. If it wasn't so slow and have some variation in the missons, it'd be decent.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

I had high hopes for this one (got it along with my 32X), but shut it off after about 13 minutes. The low point had to be when I was forced to shoot dumpsters to pass the level....fucking dumpsters.

What about T-Mek? How's that one? Is it any better?

I never played it, but I always wanted to. I remember seeing tons among tons of PC copies in bargin bins for years. Never grabbed my attention.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

I once had the chance to play 32x T-Mek.
    Reminded me quite a bit of Battlewheels for the Lynx, if anyone's familiar with that one. Vehicular combat with some groovy weapons (like a first-person guided missile!) in rather unremarkable arenas, but certainly a cooler game than Metal Head. Played quite smoothly.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Battlewheels kicked ass.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

I played T-mek feverishly in the arcades (on the rare occasions I'd get to go).
    Cool game,
    But I've never played the 32X port.

Hooligans of the Night...Eat, Game, and be Merry
    The Game Collection

It seems like it should get a bit more than a 2 just for the graphical wonderfulousity alone.

Fully textured dumpsters!

I'm dying to see the Annet Again review... BUT I can wait, because I have played the game.

I'll hopefully have that up on Monday, chock full of fresh screens!

YAY!

I can't wait. It truly is a neat little game. Nothing great, but decent.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

oke how underrated can 32x be,come on 2 what kind of review is that.the game plys very simple,maybe to simple the music is very good and i dont know why people just hate it maybe it isnt their taste oke but the sound let you hear some nice metal,Drum.I dont hate the game defnitly not,since much GBA games still look worser.graphically it show something i never see quit often on 32x,I disliked doom for its shitty music i Didnt like Darxide also and those games get the good hope.I give this game a 7 since i picked it upp for my pocket money as i bought the 32x from my pocket money.for cheap stuff it was fun i had a bit Final zone feeling only 3D,i dont care people nagging about the game at least it shows graphics instead of polygons or just ugly 2d sprite.I love knuckles ghaotix most but my friends hated the system and esspecially had no regrets for it .i didnt hate the system.this game is decent and fun to have in youre collection and not a shame at al,okay if where talking about cosmic carnage or motocros then i defnitly agree,if you want to burn em to hell,you have my blessing for that.

.....care to repeat that?

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

you care,since it is my uppinion,why dont you repeat,do you hate all 32x games,Look if i can get metal head for 50 cents ill buy it back then but hey a 2 is very underated how about i give medie evil a 2 because i dont like it,Thats so corrupt,BTW ever finished the game but why bad review only certianly you vorty,come on tempo is fun to pick up for not much,do you write about games blinded?.come on if a title plays simple has oke music and has good graphics for 32x whats wrong with it exept for the diffrence between taste,Damn vorty you wrote a review for tempo its a simpple platformer that looks like others,but hey the gameplay is simple the game looks colourfull and it has a bit of funfactor,why do you write about games if you only have crappy judgement about it,readers aslo think its shit and maybe dont play it(maybe they like it)BTW like alien soldier,that game is way overhyped if you ask me,graphical its very fine but that game rushes from bos to bos trough every stage and then you finished the game,while expecting a bit more and you get for reward a Dead boring end,and that game scores a 9.Its very corrupt to give any thing with 32x on the case a 5 or less,i havnt see a good review from you about 32x,why.Maybe you dont like the system oke but dont give people bad hope,next time if you like writing about motocros for 32x then place Warning in youre review Caution dont buy this game!!!!!.oke still its youre review but i repeated my thing,Dont shove your hate for the console to me i like it a bit.and since its my uppinion it isnt worth a discussion.no offens tough

Thread Information