Quantcast

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Legacy of the Z80 Sound Cip Vol. 1

Just search Google. You should copy and past CRV's text into the search engine to make sure you get what you need.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

oke thanx for the help,i have one and i can see the plugins load a wave pallet ps yamaha 6167 or 2712 ,hmm i can adjust the tone channels,but mosly theit nog used,i cant Aadjust the fm channels to see how they work individual strange,yet to figure out thanx.

the 2612 is good for the fm chanels right how many are their,i can enable the 2612 and then youre stocked with the tones,and that are like 3,how much is the total like in streets of rage 3when you enable the 2612 guitar and drum+bass dont work then only the tone ones,that makes that game how many channels?.i cant adjust every chanel with this one,CRV do you have a recomended version of VGM player?

Okay streets of rage 3 uses like 9 or 10 channels it uses the psg and 2612(6channeld one) and shinobi 3 idd uses like 10 or 9 channels also the psg,Battle mania 2 uses 1 or psg channels makes it 7 or 8 even battle mania does some pwm Cymbol and hi hat etc.i knew that streets of rage 3 used many channels it sounded so full,Bare knuckle 3 is better and worth a 8.and knuckles ghaotix idd does like 12 or 14 minimum channels but has a bit crappy music if you ask me.

I LIke the music form eternal champions Chalangers of the drak side very very much,that amrican song with the oversmapled guitar and more guitar guitar guitar Hell yess candy.if the game was crap and had this music idd buy it maybe.

I heard rock and racing on snes yesterday sounds ways better the the megadrive one,whil i tought it probably could have been else,Megadrive is the one with the 6 FM channels.But snes can do some nice guitar that makes me doubting if its better then MD,MD uses it more often and comix zone etc sound sharper and more focused on that.BTW who ever sead that Xmen mutant apocipse was a answer to TF4 on megadrive makes me laugh,hell no Mutant apocalipse has the same kind of tones as megaman with a lick of light guitar hell no TF4,megaman has guitar since when it has tones no guitar synth on snes someone told that before either.

the snes on is better then te genesis one?

LOL,but whe know genesis couold have done better.i never heard the genesis its guitar samples in maximum im curious is there a Metal genesis game that also includes guitarry solos etc,Rolling thunder 3i know but a other one? and better the TF4,i only know even that was and is possible,if you remind the sounds.I know genesis could do almost same as a real guitar with sampling tricks.

Who knows the ooze,who likes it.?

its crap i know,but has a fun intro music.mega cd music is stored as PCM channels on the mega cd or something on the cd then and is running trough the genesis sound processor or something,Id like to hear a megadrive cartridge come as close as a cd game like final fight cd or eternal champiosn in guitar departhment then they pushed it all and then i totally flip my mind and scratch my head how they did that but i still think that a genesis can do pseudo or kind of like real guitar with wah hah or what ever it can do it,only sore that there was no SOR 4 or something to let us hear that i have to do it with TF and that one still rocks but i liked it more if the tracks where longer then 30 sec,still greatest and fastest metall on a 16 bit console inc neo geo.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 07-09-2006 at 06:54 PM.

BTW bloodlines doesnt have that great music only in soem stages and castle vania dracula x for instance blows that game away,its that simple while genesis wins on other things.snes music sounds somethimes like inderwater recorded or somthing same for that guitar then a bit bulky and bass ish.not that great its only available and not pitched always only game with guitar on snes thats great is R&R racing,and maybe max carnage.end.
    Last edited by ary incorparated; 07-11-2006 at 08:34 AM.

BT anyhoe,Genesis has 10 channels i always tought 9,3Xpsg 1 X Das And ym2612,CRV could be right that the Dac playback is seperate from the YM6875,DAC is for Drum line Exttra bass and stuf,Ym2612 for the main tones and psg for the background well im going to tell you this at least many many titles on genesis use their psg,you can hear trough emulation
    Ill name a few.

Comix zoneac+Ym2612+Psg so its range could be up to 9
    Thunder force:Ym2612+psg good for 8
    Many technosoft games Herzog zwei TF 3al use their psg
    Golden Axe 2 uses its Psg so also good for 7 or 8 channels.
    Light crusader Uses all
    Sonic 3D same also uses all channels
    Streets of rage 2 uses all 9 or 10 channels
    streets of rage 3 uses all 9 or 10 channels
    Road rash 3 includes the psg so good for 7 or 8 channels.
    Gunstar heros used theyre psg
    Alien soldier.Should i keep going.

Not many games went psg less,games like Contra hardcorps batman and robin Musha,but that no harm.

BTW does genesis uses al 10 or less i tought it used all 10 cause when the PCM starts to rumble youlle here music tones fall away and hear glitches,the PCM is actually a Fm channel .

If you want to hear it for your self emulate those games and turn off several channels its that easy.so the genesis just has 10 channels mostly in use.BTW 32X ads 2 channels of pwm and i think joes right Knuckles ghaotix uses ore then 10 its uses at least 12.Neo geo could do 14 if im correct.

The DAC is for Drum and base right?.

Thread Information