Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elemental Master

You know, for a bit I was trying to fit that into that review since it is silly that right after killing Salome you fight her again roughly three minutes later in that boss rush. I just figured that's something people would be used to in shooters and games of that era -- Mega Man 2, Gairies, and several older games do that boss rehash thing.

Elemental Master WCPO Agent GameUser-16-32-128's Avatar

That was an excellent review Benjamin! I wouldn't have done it any better than what you've already written. Elemental Master is truly one of the best shooting games for the Genesis!

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    You know, for a bit I was trying to fit that into that review since it is silly that right after killing Salome you fight her again roughly three minutes later in that boss rush. I just figured that's something people would be used to in shooters and games of that era -- Mega Man 2, Gairies, and several older games do that boss rehash thing.
    I can see where is the point in fighting more difficult versions of the first 3bosses for instance, but, yeah, fighting Salome twice in no more than 5 minutes time, well, that is too much. Nevertheless, the game is excellent and quite innovating on certain aspects, i just wish the last stage was a wee bit shorter.

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

This game is pretty kick ass, the MD sure had a lot of unique shmups, tbh.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

This game is decent, But I really wish there was a auto fire feature.
    Tapping that button really makes you feel anxious and that takes away from the satisfaction.

7/10

PunkicCyborg Road Rasher ELabit's Avatar

This is an awesome game that everyone should have a copy of. I just beat it the other day and it was a little easy though. After a couple play-throughs you memorize everything and it's a cake-walk. I think it plays a little better on the hard setting.
    The music is so rocking and this game would've been so badass on CD. Fans of Lords of Thunder should play this game for sure.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

I've been a fan of all of TechnoSoft's Mega Drive titles since they came out, but I never did around to checking this out until recently. After looking at it in an emulator I grabbed the Japanese version, and after getting over the somewhat repetitive tiled look of the graphics, found it to be an excellent little game with nice balance and a great soundtrack to boot.
    I'm working on the 1CC as we speak and am about half way through the boss rush.

This and Undead Line have been very pleasant surprises for me, they are both excellent games that suffer from somewhat drab graphical appraisal but nevertheless should be checked out by any MD shooter fan.

Is the difficulty level adjusted between the American and Japanese versions on Elemental Master?

PunkicCyborg Road Rasher ELabit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverDrone View Post

Is the difficulty level adjusted between the American and Japanese versions on Elemental Master?
    Not sure but it can be adjusted from the menu so I doubt it

Thread Information