Quantcast

Thread: PGA Tour Golf

Default PGA Tour Golf

Ever since Sterling Silver Software (later called Polygames) started the PGA Tour Golf series on the Genesis, consoles have been getting a yearly fix. The franchise is huge now, with brand exclusivity and Tiger Woods' face plastered on the box, but it all started on Sega's little black box. We have a full review of the original, so grab your driver and read this one before heading down the fairway.
    Last edited by Melf; 08-15-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Death Adder's minion

I actually had a lot of fun playing this game but I can't figure out why. Old school golf games are like turning on Madden and punting every down. Line up your shot, press a button to start, again for power, then again for accuracy.

Rinse and Repeat.

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

This game just isn't on a par with the later installments, to be honest I shudder at the thought of playing again! So slow and painful, but still the memories are beautiful..
    "Age badly is something women do, games are good or bad when they are released. "

"It's like watching Runic stones by vikings here in Täby: not beautiful compared to Mona Lisa, but damn fine stuff for their time, as Phantasy Star II is, and that is why I enjoy it."

Zebbe speaks on the quality of how 16-bit games hold up against modern counterparts 28/07/07 beautiful

I love old golf games and this one is a great start to a classic series. I'll have to dig this out again.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy View Post
    I love old golf games and this one is a great start to a classic series. I'll have to dig this out again.
    agreed I have them all except for the 96 one and they are all good apart from the 96 one which I took back to the shop

T'was back when EA's ongoing golf sim extraordinaire showed, proudly, its IBM PC roots. While this early iteration on PGA Tour was meant to be played with a mouse and it shows, the MD/GEN pad does a good enough job.
    This one can pack quite a challenge, especially if you're a rookie when it comes to old golf sims. Putting the ball where you want to sure is tricky: more often than not you'll end up O.B for the slightest mistake on pointing the cursor and/or not timing your button pressing like a neurosurgeon operating on freakin' Tom Thumb. Once you get the hold of it, this is as peaceful and chill as a golf game can be… Except, obviously, for that ear-raping music that sounds when the random PGA star states his opinion on the hole one's about to play…

Thread Information