Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Ball Gamer View Post
    In between levels.
    We're talking about the sequel. In the sequel you can't change your special weapon. You're stuck with the Thunder.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

no you're not... you push up or down between the levels instead of left or right as in prequel...
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

TmEE is right. I have the sequel and have used several special weapons in it, so I know what I'm talking about.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

I beat this game the other day. I found it lovely, albeit aimed at young and teenage girls. I'm not ashamed to admit it is one of the best looking shmups for the genesis. It was a bit short and certainly easier than most shmups. I loved it.

Is it me, or is Trouble Shooter a very rare game to find, especially Mint CIB. I went online to get me a CIB copy to replace my loose cart, but found only a fellow loose cart for about 6 dollars U.S. (The American version), and about five JP megadrive versions going between 100 U.S. dollars to 150.

1 Player, but there's constantly two player sprites on screen. Pretty dissapointing. Looks fun though.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

I wish the game was longer and more difficult... loving the humor in it though
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

The game is pretty good, its the fucking art cover that messes it up for me. I don't know if I said this but I'm been taken art classes every school year of my life and I love seeing great art, like the art covers of contra hard corps and musha. This one is just straight out stupid, with badly drawn women and planes that are shooting in such a strange way, its an insult to the game, as well as maybe the reason to why many never heard of it, cause they just passed by after seeing the US art cover. Eh, if I ever see the Jap version for a good deal, I am DEFINITELY going after it instead.
    Last edited by Thunderblaze16; 09-12-2011 at 08:53 PM.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Hero of Algol

The Japanese covers are much more beautiful in 99% of the MD/Genesis titles.

Trying to find a good deal on this, because the Ebay prices are becoming retarded.

PM me of you wanna sell a copy.

16-bit Vidjagame Player Nameless One TjN001's Avatar

Hey sorry to bring back old thread, but i didnt want to create a new one for my question. I have a copy of this game I got for a couple bucks a while ago. I saw people asking for ridiculous prices online... $300+. Is this pricing right, or way off? Thanks.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

A quick glance at Amazon shows about $82 for CIB and $15 cartridge only. Old cartridges start to get ridiculous to buy these days.

I beat both these games not too long ago. Really good for people that aren't as hardcore into the genre.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Good game, though I do prefer it's sequel. There's a lot of action, no slowdown that I ever saw (though I didn't beat either one). I have the first game, sadly I only play the second one in emulation, too pricey for me. I believe it's the second game that has the code where Madison stomps the SFC console.

I remember digging this game out of a bargain bin in a Woolworths back in the early 90s. The cover art screamed "straight to the bargain bin; nobody has heard of this, and nobody wants this" low budget material. Vic Tokai? Who the hell are they? It almost looked like an unlicensed release. The only reason I bought it was because it was a Genesis game, the screen shots suggested a better game than the cover art, and it was dramatically cheaper than I was used to seeing Genesis games sold for (about $5). I was a kid that wanted another game, but didn't have the money, or an upcoming special occasion to get what I REALLY wanted.

This game was a really pleasant surprise, and what I would consider a true hidden gem back in the day. Almost 30 years later, the cheesy cover art has grown on me.

Thread Information