Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just bought Snatcher.

Default I just bought Snatcher.

Hey guys, I just picked up the Sega CD classic Snatcher, and wanted to know if anyone here had played it. And if so, what did you think of it?

If you're into digital classics... it's a damn great game.

I liked it.

Das war der Hammer.

Nameless One

I don't have it yet, what did you pay for it?

My impressions can be read in our review. I absolutely love it, but there seems only to be extremes when it comes to this game. Either you love it or hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by atm55
    I don't have it yet, what did you pay for it?
    .99 cents. I bought it on e-bay without a case. Since I just want to play it, and don't care about resale value it was a good buy.

Have you received it? I think you got it from that asshole who sales bootlegs without telling the customer they are burned discs.

I'd be pissed.

Das war der Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofduct
    Have you received it? I think you got it from that asshole who sales bootlegs without telling the customer they are burned discs.

I'd be pissed.
    IF thats the case I'll be pissed.

Uroko Sakanabito Wildside Expert danielscheil's Avatar

an orginal snatcher ( without everything ) costs here
    50 $
    complete min 120 $

Quote Originally Posted by danielscheil
    an orginal snatcher ( without everything ) costs here
    50 $
    complete min 120 $
    Really, that sucks. If it's a pirated copy of the game I'm going to report the seller.

Huh, I remember that guy. Be ready for his response though. He'll probably leave feedback on you saying that you're a liar. That's what he did to me.
    weasels you pansy

uh...

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mother_brain

I'd be pissed.
    IF thats the case I'll be pissed.
    If it's too good to be true, then it probally is.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Sorry bro, this guy has been around awhile just like a lot of others (some have been popping up selling 3DO games too as they don't need a mod chip either... part of panasonic's open license for the console).

If he gets you your out a mere dollar... give it sometime and see if he'll give you feedback first. After he does then leave your negative.

I actually used to spend nights at work bored and emailing people bidding on his stuff and letting them know. For some reason ebay doesn't shut the bugger down. They close the account and he just creates a new one. It really sucks... especially for us collectors.

I know some people don't mind the bootleg (though they should just DL it for FREE instead), but us collectors really get jipped in this deal. I noticed the guy does "Buy it now" a lot now. He used to set it 99cents and allow bidding wars to grow.

He probably got caught faster that way and decided to go another route...

oh I keep saying he i know... there most likely is a bunch of people doing it though.

Das war der Hammer.

really, be careful on ebay.

Go into it knowing there are dirt bags out there... I am happy to say in my 7 years of ebaying I haven't been screwed yet, but I know others have and it really sucks.

Just keep that mentality said in an earlier post.

"If it's to good to be true, it probably isn't"

Das war der Hammer.

Raging in the Streets

Sorry bro, this guy has been around awhile just like a lot of others (some have been popping up selling 3DO games too as they don't need a mod chip either... part of panasonic's open license for the console).

If he gets you your out a mere dollar... give it sometime and see if he'll give you feedback first. After he does then leave your negative.

I actually used to spend nights at work bored and emailing people bidding on his stuff and letting them know. For some reason ebay doesn't shut the bugger down. They close the account and he just creates a new one. It really sucks... especially for us collectors.

I know some people don't mind the bootleg (though they should just DL it for FREE instead), but us collectors really get jipped in this deal. I noticed the guy does "Buy it now" a lot now. He used to set it 99cents and allow bidding wars to grow.

He probably got caught faster that way and decided to go another route...

oh I keep saying he i know... there most likely is a bunch of people doing it though.
    Ever considered that not everybody is a 'collector' on eBay?

I didn't want to shell out big for a copy of Snatcher, so I have a CD-R version. It's the same game, jut missing a few bits of paper. Granted, I don't rip and sell, but all he's doing is selling the game. It plays the same in the end.

eBay isn't a service for collectors anyway, it's a business. Which means they have to make money. Why should they care who gets crushed in the wheels, when there are so many more willing to pay for his games?

Not everybody on Ebay is a collector, true, but that does not make the sale of bootleg merchandise (through Ebay or elsewhere) permissable.

Sellers must pay Ebay a percentage of their auctions' winning bids, so from a business standpoint Ebay is making considerably more from the sale of one $70 disc-only copy of Snatcher than a few $0.99 bootlegs that cut into the legitimate market. Not only that, but it's against Ebay policy to sell bootlegged merchandise. Now that doesn't stop people from selling their pirated garbage on Ebay (be weary of GBA carts, for the record), but Ebay at least makes an effort to reduce these activities by often pulling down auctions that Ebay users report.

It all comes down to sellers deceiving buyers, and that's not something I support in the least.

Thread Information