Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyborg Justice

Sonic Cyborg Justice

One would think that heavily-armed robots beating each other senseless would be a no-brainer formula for a great game. Sega and Novotrade apparently thought so, as Cyborg Justice was their idea of a beat-'em-up that couldn't lose. Unfortunately, it needed a bit more time in the oven, and the game we got was a half-baked attempt at best. Read the full review for more information.
    Last edited by Melf; 07-21-2011 at 02:43 PM.

WTF

Cyborg Justice is fun. It was one of the last games I played before I moved away from gaming for, like, 6 years...

Road Rasher

I thought it was pretty mediocre (as the review pointed out) not all that enjoyable imo

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

This must have been one of the LAST games to have the black box with lines. I thought they had switched over to the Red Stripe boxes by 1993.

Ive never heard of this game. Looks okay.
    Sega-16's Resident Sports Authority. Chief Heckler of the Midwest.

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    I thought it was pretty mediocre (as the review pointed out) not all that enjoyable imo
    Yeah, it's premise is neat, but the execution falls flat. Presentation and graphics are pretty poor too considering the release date, too. Everything looks so bland and simple, even two years after Streets of Rage. It really didn't deserve all the hype GameFan gave it.

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

How do you do the move where your guy tears the other robot in half?
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

I Have this game and it totally sucks. I bought it a few weeks before the Review went up and its complete w/ Case, Manual, Sonic 2 Poster/Advertisement. The Gameplay sucks, all the Robots look too much alike, and its too repetitive. Luckily though I got good Poster with it

Care to share a pic of that poster? I might buy this game ONLY for that poster!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

I'll Get pics up when I can. My copy Bonanza Bros has a Toejam & Earl Poster, that game however I won't sell since I like it, im not sure If i wanna sell cyborg justice since i like the idea of owning a little piece of advertising history, I will however post pics when i get the chance to, they probably wont look to great though my cam sucks.

I rented this game way back when it was released. Good thing there exists renting because it's not worth buying. The game is better in 2 player mode.

How did this game get so much hype back then? I remember several of my friends raving about this game back when I was in about 5th/6th grade. I finally sat down with it and played if for a while and it really blows chunks, I even took the time to post a comment in the review. I think the reviewer was generous with the score too.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

I saw this at a used game store today right next to a copy of Streets of Rage 2. I did a double take at the fact that this game's box uses the same font and color scheme of its title as Streets of Rage 2. I'm guessing the gameplay and graphics don't quite live up to the same degree of emulation. ;-D

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

Back in the day I played it at a family friends house and thought it was an OK game. I think the best part of it is probably the 2 player fighting but if you have Exo-Squad then whats the point? Their Mech combat mode is 1000 times better.
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

I just got this today boxed for a few bucks. I tried it on an emulator years ago and didn't understand it in the least but I like robots and somebody mentioned it in the thread about games they like and everybody else hates so I though what the heck.

I'm actually pretty surprised! After I figured out how the moves work I'm having a lot of fun just beating the tar out of other robots. It's repetitive and the backgrounds are incredibly lame but I'm having fun with it. I can rip enemy cyborgs in half all day.

It's a certifiably OK game in my book.

I just got this game, the controls are very hard in terms of picking up parts and using them. Tough game to master.

Thread Information