Quantcast

Thread: Pac-Attack

Sonic Pac-Attack

I can imagine the executives at Namco back in '93, as they brainstormed about how else to use their yellow mascot Pac-Man. As they ran through the gamut of genres, one young suit shot his arm into the air. " I've got it!" He exclaimed, "what about a puzzle game?" All the other executives nodded in agreement, their faces slowly growing wide with a grin of satisfaction. It was time to collect another cash crop, and as he had always done before, Pac-Man was about to ensure a bountiful harvest. Thus, Pac-Attack was born, and the Genesis received another quality puzzler. Read our full review of it and see why the only things in life that are certain are death, taxes, and Pac-man.
    Last edited by Melf; 08-15-2011 at 08:51 AM.

You smell kinda pretty... Master of Shinobi johnnyb's Avatar

Well I have to admit I prefer playing this over tetris but my interests in such games is usually short lived. If it wasn`t for pac-man this game would have surely crashed and burned!

Some say they really liked this game but it is pretty average, I liked it for a few minutes or so but it has no options so it loses big time, had it had more options overall it would be a much better game.

IMO, it's one of the best discoveries revisiting the Genny library. Tetris-like games might not be the biggest interest to gamers looking into the 16-bit era, but I spent an addictively longer time with this game than I did with much higher regarded games of the era. Top 20? Definitely not, but this is a really solid peripheral game to add to your library - One that you'll actually want to play much more than once.

Thread Information