Quantcast

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage III

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

Whats a good price for a SOR 3 cart? I can only find them going for around $20 on the web.
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

Genesis STILL does! Outrunner runback22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheEdge View Post
    ummmmm......A kid on skates, a cyborg, a boxing kangaroo?

It was strange but we played it just the same.

EDIT: I was just checking the review score for Streets of Rage 1 and it got a 6...................A 6!!!!! Are you insane.

Today I am going to go home start up my genny, pop in SOR1, go to the options, and play the music for the Beach Level over and over again in protest.

You should all be ashamed.
    Someones head needs to be served on a platter for this....ahhh the beach music kicks ass.....why in the hell did they remove Adam? He was my favorite character.....I'd much rather play him than Blaze, the roller skate kid, or the old man.....

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Whats a good price for a SOR 3 cart?
    Hm, I would take it if you give me some cash for compensation with having to deal with [you and] that godawful game. I'd say about $30 would make me forget this piece of censored garbage for a few minutes.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Whats a good price for a SOR 3 cart?

SOR3 is a difficult subject, for the following reasons :

1 - its SOR so you want it for your collection.
    2 - but its horribly censored so not worth the money
    3 - but you still want it for your collection >_<
    4 - so you buy Bare Knuckle III instead
    5 - but now you have to buy Bare Knuckle 1 and 2 as well >_<

Someday i'll find the person who decided SOR3 should be censored and changed beyond recognition.
    And I'll... ... do something very painful to him/her.

SOR3 was NINTEDIZED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Is SoR3 really that bad? I've never finished it, although I mean too shortly. I've played about the first 3 levels and I really enjoy it. When I first played it, I thought it looked like ass but I've changed my view on it. I just love how fast the fighting feels compared to the first 2.....

[/url]

Move Between worlds Raging in the Streets TheEdge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by runback22 View Post
    Is SoR3 really that bad? I've never finished it, although I mean too shortly. I've played about the first 3 levels and I really enjoy it. When I first played it, I thought it looked like ass but I've changed my view on it. I just love how fast the fighting feels compared to the first 2.....
    I think I may bite the bullet and get one. I wish they were $10 cheaper though
    "A Radical is One Who Speaks the Truth"

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by beef jerky man View Post
    There's not many people willing to go against the grain, which explains why we're in such a dilapidated state. I personally commend The Edge for being so resilient.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Is SoR3 really that bad?
    The original game (bare knuckle III) is not bad, the main problem people have with it is that its more of the same but with bad music.

SOR3 however is what happens when you take a an okay game, and piss all over it.

if you play these games via emulators then I'd suggest you get the Bare Knuckle III rom,
    and then apply RedComet's translation patch to it.

if you want the real thing then first compare the two to eachother and see if you can live with censored enemies/storylines/sounds/etc

BK3 is as awesome as SoR 1 + 2. SoR 3 however sucks (see page 1).

And the music is incredible, among the best music ever composed for any game.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

it only makes me sneeze Nameless One Insert Coins's Avatar

What's a good price for a BK3 copy? I see that SoR 3 is significantly cheaper, but is BK3 really worth $90+ on eBay?

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

I think they want 20 for it loose here at the store at home.
    Sega-16's Resident Sports Authority. Chief Heckler of the Midwest.

Next up on the tee:
    Tecmo Super Bowl III
    Bass Masters Classic

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    The original game (bare knuckle III) is not bad, the main problem people have with it is that its more of the same but with bad music.

SOR3 however is what happens when you take a an okay game, and piss all over it.

if you play these games via emulators then I'd suggest you get the Bare Knuckle III rom,
    and then apply RedComet's translation patch to it.

if you want the real thing then first compare the two to eachother and see if you can live with censored enemies/storylines/sounds/etc

I just played BK3 and it is better.....I laughed my ass off at Ash. Wow. I can see why that "guy" was censored....That was flaming.....It was nice to have Axel back in his original colors....

[/url]

I can see why that "guy" was censored....That was flaming.....
    Well, Ash was also one of the three hidden playable characters that were not at all hard to unlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    I think that Ash had his place among all these punk rockers, rockabillys, skinheads, BDSM dominatrixes, blond 'n blue eyed super heroes, half-naked wrestlers and rollerblade kids. - All of these are over the top cliches, and I think that all of these are thrown at you with a so in a way all of these are "joke characters". The game's a playable caricature of itself.

By censoring Ash, those responsible at Sega of America implied that it is not okay to beat up a gay character but that it would be perfectly acceptable to beat up punk rockers, rockabillys, skinheads or BDSM dominatrixes.

Anyway, its difficulty itself isn't the actual problem: When 'adjusting' (read: fucking up) the difficulty, and even though they had like 3000 beta testers that all get to be mentioned in SoR3's credits (no joke!), they obviously did not consider ...tada: the special move system. In the Japanese version, you earn star after star and basically stay on level 2 or level 3 through the entire game. Good players stay on level 4. Now, in SoR3 you have to deal with this insanely difficult game where even the most basic enemy is faster and stronger than you. There even are less items to refill your life bar! - All of this without having any special move at all! You're just thrown out there on level 0 and every single time you earned enough points to reach level 1, you die and loose your special move _AND_ your score counter gets reset. AAARGH! IT IS SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!
    Your frustration can be cut down quite a bit with a 6-button controller. You can perform all the upgraded blitz attacks without gaining any stars starting right at the beginning of the game.

For instructions on how to perform the upgraded blitz attacks as well as all the other moves in the game, click this link:
    http://www.streetsofrage.net/sor3_movelist.htm

BK3 is as awesome as SoR 1 + 2. SoR 3 however sucks (see page 1).

And the music is incredible, among the best music ever composed for any game.
    I say approximately 1/3 of the music in SOR3 is good. The other 2/3 is experimental Japanese techno industrial mixes, not good at all.

I've never played BN3, but if the music is different from SOR3 then I'd definitely drop some cash for it.

The music is the same. The only thing SoA changed was the voices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Thread Information