Quantcast

Thread: WWF Royal Rumble

Default WWF Royal Rumble

VinnyT has recently contributed another review, this one for Flying Edge's second WWF game. Sounds good!
    Last edited by Melf; 08-27-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Melf the link to the review is broken.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Death Adder's minion

None of the old WWF 16 bit games are worth playing these days.

Indeed. They were novelties at best back then........the magazines didn't rate them high and the pro wrestling industry was in a slump during the early-to-mid '90's. The "Fire Pro" series are arguably the only 2D wrestling games worth playing.

Banned by Administrators

Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game is still fun. So is Rage In The Cage for Sega CD (which had the Headshrinkers...)

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Here's my "WWF Wrestlemania / Royal Rumble / RAW / Rage in the Cage" review :

ooh ah ooh ooh ah oof BAM ooh ooh ah ah ooh ooh ooh ah ah ooh

Because thats what the game sounds like to everybody who's not looking at the screen.

Fun games though.

Road Rasher

It's hard not to have fun with a 4 player (+2 CPU) battle royale in WWF Raw. Plays the best of the WWF "trilogy."

Royal Rumble remains my favorite 16-bit WWF game. Decent roster and awesome namesake matches. If only it were 4 player...

Super Wrestlemania is pretty rough. I still get a kick out of The Ultimate Warrior's "dance like a chicken" flying clothesline.

Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game is a fantastic port of the actual arcade game. It's thisclose to being too wacky, but if you spend time with it, you'll find a plethora of real moves. Killer Instinct-esque combos are always fun.

Rage In The Cage was a mild disappointment. I bought it upon release anticipating battle royales with 20 participants. Still can't believe that one-on-one is the only match option. Gameplay is decent, but why no tag teams or Rumbles?

Call me crazy but I'd love to see a big 32mbit WWF cartridge with all the characters that ever appeared in the Megadrive & Snes WWF games in it.

Wrestlemania: TAG is the exception, but even still it was more a fighting game than a wrestling game, and it was developed by Midway. Tge Genesis port was indeed impressive......it was the worst-looking home port out there but the gameplay and a lot of the sound was retained........the SNES port was by far the worst home port of Wrestlemania, while the obscure 32X port might be the best one on cart.....though it does lack quite a lot of the commentary voice-over.

Wrestling games are arguably one of the types of games which benefited the most by going 3D.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    Call me crazy but I'd love to see a big 32mbit WWF cartridge with all the characters that ever appeared in the Megadrive & Snes WWF games in it.
    I call you a genius.

That would be great (if it also had all the original entrance music).

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak View Post
    Wrestlemania: TAG is the exception, but even still it was more a fighting game than a wrestling game, and it was developed by Midway. Tge Genesis port was indeed impressive......it was the worst-looking home port out there but the gameplay and a lot of the sound was retained........the SNES port was by far the worst home port of Wrestlemania, while the obscure 32X port might be the best one on cart.....though it does lack quite a lot of the commentary voice-over.
    I had the 32x European version of Wrestlemania: TAG but of course gave it away years ago never to be found again. Wasn't there a Saturn version of it too?

Yeah, Wrestlemania: TAG was one of the few games (which include Pitfall, NBA Jam: TE and Mortal Kombat II) to be released on most of Sega's home consoles at the time. It was released on Genesis, 32X, Saturn, Playstation, SNES and PC.

The Saturn/Playstation/PC versions are regarded at the best ports of the game, though they still were off compared to the coin-op (smaller sprites, no music during in-game, loading during Royal Rumble matches and handicap matches)

They could stuff all of the wrestlers that appeared in Acclaim's 16-Bit WWF games, but that wouldn't change the fact the series' engine simply SUCKS. Every wrestler is identical except for their finishing moves. Same moves, same proportioned sprites........wrestling games call for lots of variety in every individual wrestler's repertoire of moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak View Post
    They could stuff all of the wrestlers that appeared in Acclaim's 16-Bit WWF games, but that wouldn't change the fact the series' engine simply SUCKS.
    I think we pretty much established that as a wrestling game they sucked pretty badly,
    but i always liked the brawl aspect of them, and thats why i feel a compilation WWF game would rock on the Megadrive!

Hogan Vs Diesel whoohooo!

All the characters together, and bring back the Royal Rumble mode so you could have a legit 30-man Rumble. And as long as we're dreaming lets throw in the ability to have 8 characters at once!

Quick, somebody call a programmer!

Thread Information