Quantcast

Thread: Arcus Odyssey

Default Arcus Odyssey

Nick Gibson (Genesis Knight) has submitted our 150th review! Everyone out there needs to play Arcus Odyssey, to see what an underrated gem it is.
    Last edited by Melf; 07-12-2011 at 11:08 PM.

I enjoyed this game, and found the soundtrack to be better than the reviewer felt it was. It has the very familiar Sakuraba Genesis sound, with good compositions. The graphics, for 1991 on the Genesis, are pretty good. Not a lot of animation touches or anything on the backgrounds, but solid with nice little details on the characters and BGs. A surprisingly involved storyline and NPC characters to help you were welcome additions, and it offers a decent challenge as well. I'd give it about a 7.5 - 8 myself.

I find it interesting that for some reason, the drum rolls never play the drum hit on the right side in this game. It doesn't play on the VGZ files, the roms or the real cart. Weird.

Currently Reviewing: Desert Strike (SMS), Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done: Jim Power: The Lost Dimension

The only thing that kills this game is it starts to become to maze like and you loose interest.

You really have to play games like this with a friend to keep from losing interest. It's also one of the few games I'll dust off and play through every year to completion.

Same as the fellas above. A nice game on all aspects, but once you start to feel lost in the dungeons - which happens soon and even easily - it can get a bit boring. It's six of one and half a dozen of the other; good but not great.

Thread Information