Quantcast

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Quackshot Starring Donald Duck

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quackshot is sheer magic to me. I never played Duck Tales until years later, but I don't think it does take away from Quackshot's qualities.
    Last edited by retrospiel; 03-13-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Chess Grand Master Outrunner Hiarcs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    Quackshot is sheer magic to me. I never played Duck Tales until years later, but I don't think it does take away from Quackshot's qualities.
    I could have said this wonderful line.
    iPad 2, 32GB Black.

Well, I guess taste in games has a lot to do with which ones you grew up playing vs. which ones you come to as an adult. I didn't get Quackshot until last year and while I find it amusing, it just never really blew me away.

I really do lean more towards the Capcom Disney games rather than the Sega carts (like them, don't love them).

But then there is Genesis Mickey Mania, of course. Now that is one epic Mickey title!
    Oh, and the Virgin titles.... good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
    Well, I guess taste in games has a lot to do with which ones you grew up playing vs. which ones you come to as an adult. I didn't get Quackshot until last year and while I find it amusing, it just never really blew me away.

I really do lean more towards the Capcom Disney games rather than the Sega carts (like them, don't love them).

But then there is Genesis Mickey Mania, of course. Now that is one epic Mickey title!
    Oh, and the Virgin titles.... good stuff!
    Yes you have a point, and about the Capcom Disney games it is true that they have great quality [Magical Quest: Starring Mickey Mouse it's a beautiful example] but even all great Disney games that i have tried, Quackshot just stands different, all points of view are valid of course, but no matter if by a small margin over other greats Quackshot game designer [Emirin] was in a class by himself big time in this case, taking in account he was involved too as designer in World of Illusions and Castle of Illusion.
    iPad 2, 32GB Black.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

I have way too many ideas and way too little time and motivation.... I absolutely love the Capcom Disney games on NES/FC and I'd lvoe to create a conversion or two for the MD.....
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quackshot rules. Supreme graphics and sound for such an early title, and the adventure-inspired gameplay just makes it even better!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Pirate Smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Quackshot rules. Supreme graphics and sound for such an early title, and the adventure-inspired gameplay just makes it even better!
    Yep
    iPad 2, 32GB Black.

I do like Quackshot, but I find the game to be a little too long and the RPG elements that make the game even longer and more difficult sort of turn me off. Flying back and forth and back and forth with no save feature and some trial and error in between makes it hard for me to play past the India level, I just get bored.

I prefer the short and sweet Castle of Illusion. But this is still definitely a great game, no doubt about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quackshot was the very first game I bought for my MD, months before I finally got the console itself (which would be Xmas 1992).
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
    Eh, I just don't see it. Quackshot was ok but I wanted it to me more like Ducktales. Seriously, Capcom's Ducktales series was/is/will always be sheer magic to play.
    i meant character wise, i preferred donny duck. the game ducktales was pretty damn good.

Yes, in spite of the "old school" graphics Ducktales was for sure interesting, Quackshot arrived with excellent quality, perhaps even as a surprise at the time, since most games werent Disney based ones, but overall this came as a fresh surprise somehow.
    iPad 2, 32GB Black.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Quackshot is pretty damn awesome. As a child I got stuck wandering across that repeating room in Transylvania. Curse the treachery of that game!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Quote Originally Posted by GameUser-16-32-128 View Post
    A very fun yet tough game to play. I still can't beat it ha! ha!
    Yeah, a very memorable part in this game is the "1-sun 2-mon 3-star" its a game-classic section, ¡what a piece!
    iPad 2, 32GB Black.

Banned by Administrators

Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    That's what got me as a kid... I'd never played any Platform like it at the time.
    The "open" feel it had was what made it so special for me.

Definitely had fantastic graphics/animation/music

This game has a great "sense" of adventure, such feeling as a gamer you wont get it that easy, much games adventure-based are available today since and before Quackshot, but few retain such feeling.
    iPad 2, 32GB Black.

Thread Information