Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Altered Beast

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    The game or the strategy guide?

I'll argue the quality of Altered Beast all day, but my strategy guide is most definitely "distinctly average".

Of you're talking about the game, what about it was not really doing it for ya?

the game, it is not bad as a launch title but if it hadn't been, it would be remembered for nothing more than that

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan89 View Post
    the game, it is not bad as a launch title but if it hadn't been, it would be remembered for nothing more than that
    I think I'm quite biased when it comes this game, as it's probably one of my favorite games on the console, and one of my favorite arcade games. When it came out, it was a really good looking game, and, to the untrained eye, and those unfamiliar with the arcade version, a near perfect port. What I always find so fascinating about the game is the tight design, updated controls on console, and the scoring mechanics. The Genesis port was able to keep the arcade feel, for the most part, while adding a lot of fun console-specific touches through it's various debug/options menus. Luckily, the core mechanics are enjoyable, for me at least, so I still play this game to this day. In fact, I think Altered Beast is a better side-scrolling action game than most of the stuff on the console, which is saying a lot. It is short, but allows for long play-throughs, while allowing the player to target specific areas of their score runs. Very few, if any games did that at the time.

Thread Information