Quantcast

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: What`s on your desktop background?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eukara View Post
    oh look, a sailboat!

I had to think about that for a second. I was just thinking about that the other day. When did they stop making those hidden 3D pictures?
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    That doesn't bug your eyes out?
    No because I rarely have the desktop showing. I usually have it like this:

Quote Originally Posted by eukara View Post
    oh look, a sailboat!
    Repped.

ACHTUNG! MD angeschaltet! Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One eukara's Avatar

K-Meleon Mosaic?

Here's real NCSA Mosaic showing our favorite website... well the main image works... at least.

Due to forced https, sega-16 doesn't work. Could probably try proxying that over or something.

Yeah, I've tried using the real NCSA Mosaic...it's useless now, at least on Windows. It can't even load up Google's main page without crashing completely, something Internet Explorer 1.5 can do (though pretty badly). Other sites just refuse to load with an error.

You can get modern sites working on Mosaic with WRP, but it's honestly not worth the effort imo. I'd rather use K-Meleon with the Mosaic skin, at least that supports most sites out the box.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Metal64's Avatar

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Not exactly a desktop background...but: Just psyched about all the free themes now on Galaxy phones. This one is animated, but here is some justice:

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

New screen background and I finally worked up the motivation to deal with my cable management.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    Not exactly a desktop background...but: Just psyched about all the free themes now on Galaxy phones. This one is animated, but here is some justice:

Quick, your pic wouldn't show up in my phone browser or in firefox my PC, but when I quote you I see the link, so posting it here for any others who had the same issue as me.

https://ibb.co/w0prjVG

Watched Tech Tengent's latest video on W95, saw the wallpaper he was using, wanted it myself, hunted down an old ISO and ripped it for myself. Think it looks awesome. It's here if anyone wants it (the version I'm using is upscaled to fit my display, but if anyone wants it, just ask, and I'll kindly post it here).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker xoddf2's Avatar

I just installed OpenBSD on my desktop after replacing the broken power button:
    Dirty and Clean Shots | Dotfiles

Old laptop broke, so I decided to take the plunge and build my own PC from scratch. Overall it went pretty well! This was my first PC Build ever. I wanted to go with a small PC, and I wanted flexibility that I didnt have previously with my laptop. I wanted an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU, I run Pop OS currently, ran Debian on my old computer. When I started I didnt know anything at all about building a computer. A friend recommended PC Part Picker so I jumped right in and started building and looking through different parts. Found mention of the NCase M1 online as the best case and I found an M1 V2 used on eBay for basically the same price as a While there were a few bumps in the road and many mistakes (Had to buy more fans, one stick of RAM was faulty, had to send the first GPU back because it was too big for the case, bought the wrong kind of SSD at first) I must say building my own PC was a lot of fun! I didn't expect it to be as simple as it was. Some parts were very frustrating and nervewracking, but now that I have done it I feel much more comfortable with it. I am no pro at cable management but overall I did not think it was too bad. However fitting bottom fans and plugging the front panel into the soundcard was also slightly difficult. I will say the removable panels make building in the NCase M1 very easy for a beginner like me. I also like the built-in Wifi 6 and having 10 USB ports. Don't have any intention to overclock the PC though.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($209.00)
    Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1g 1 g Thermal Paste ($7.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact Mini DTX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $429.99)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (Purchased For $116.00)
    Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($57.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Team GX2 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Purchased For $44.99)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB Video Card ($280.00)
    Case: NCASE M1 Mini ITX Tower Case (Purchased For $237.44)
    Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($124.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Panasonic UJ-265 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($114.99 @ Other World Computing)
    Case Fan: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan (Purchased For $19.95)
    Case Fan: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm Fan ($19.95 @ Amazon)
    Case Fan: Noctua A9 PWM 46.44 CFM 92 mm Fan ($16.95 @ Amazon)
    Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wired Gaming Keyboard (Purchased For $75.00)
    Mouse: Logitech G403 HERO 16K Wired Optical Mouse (Purchased For $30.00)
    Total: $1825.13
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-10-07 00:40 EDT-0400

Runs at 38 degrees Celsius idle. Tested with Streets of Rage 4 at Ultra settings it got to about 56 Celsius. Would love to know what you all think of this build. Desktop environment is XFCE running Chicago95.

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

My amazing alpha sound player plays wav files; it's about 13.4 kilobytes, written in C and does properly exit with "file menu" exit. I also got "Kanji Talk" installed in Apple 68000 "System 7.5"; next I will install some Japanese development programs in Apple "System 7.5" .

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Old laptop broke, so I decided to take the plunge and build my own PC from scratch. Overall it went pretty well! This was my first PC Build ever. I wanted to go with a small PC, and I wanted flexibility that I didnt have previously with my laptop. I wanted an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU, I run Pop OS currently, ran Debian on my old computer. When I started I didnt know anything at all about building a computer. A friend recommended PC Part Picker so I jumped right in and started building and looking through different parts. Found mention of the NCase M1 online as the best case and I found an M1 V2 used on eBay for basically the same price as a While there were a few bumps in the road and many mistakes (Had to buy more fans, one stick of RAM was faulty, had to send the first GPU back because it was too big for the case, bought the wrong kind of SSD at first) I must say building my own PC was a lot of fun! I didn't expect it to be as simple as it was. Some parts were very frustrating and nervewracking, but now that I have done it I feel much more comfortable with it. I am no pro at cable management but overall I did not think it was too bad. However fitting bottom fans and plugging the front panel into the soundcard was also slightly difficult. I will say the removable panels make building in the NCase M1 very easy for a beginner like me. I also like the built-in Wifi 6 and having 10 USB ports. Don't have any intention to overclock the PC though.

PCPartPicker Part List

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1g 1 g Thermal Paste ($7.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact Mini DTX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $429.99)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (Purchased For $116.00)
    Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($57.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($124.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Panasonic UJ-265 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($114.99 @ Other World Computing)

Runs at 38 degrees Celsius idle. Tested with Streets of Rage 4 at Ultra settings it got to about 56 Celsius. Would love to know what you all think of this build. Desktop environment is XFCE running Chicago95.
    Thatís a nice looking build, but man, that motherboard is way too expensive.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

PCPartPicker Part List

Good build. Case looks nice and the power supply is a good one (Corsair are the best imo, much better than EVGA and the like).

My two main rigs have Corsair Power supplies, with an RM850 80+ gold in my living room PC and an AX 860 80+ Platinum in my gaming rig.

When my old 4790K died, along with the motherboard, I didn't want to take any risks so I contacted Corsair and they replaced my RM850. 5 star customer support.

Thread Information