Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

Megadrive Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon

Even cute girls in school uniforms can kick ass, as evidenced by Ma-Ba's Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, a side-scrolling beat-'em-up based on the hit cartoon. How does it fare next to other entries in the genre? Read the full review to find out!
    Last edited by Melf; 07-17-2011 at 08:48 PM.

You smell kinda pretty... Master of Shinobi johnnyb's Avatar

This review has me wanting to be able to play my copy even more..... side scroller and Japanese school girls... brilliant!

Still not afraid of Y2K Shining Hero Rusty Venture's Avatar

There are some nice level designs in this game, but I thought the control was a bit clunky.

Join the USA/NZ strike force team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantar View Post
    a swedish android, awakened by the touch of Raśl Julia...

Originally released on the Super Famicom...

I saw this title often on many mid-late '90's import mail-order lists in the likes of EGM. Looked to be one of the most popular MD imports of the time along with Dragon Ball Z and Wily Wars.

And CRV, your avatar.........I saw it on a pop-up insurance ad a day or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarzak View Post
    And CRV, your avatar.........I saw it on a pop-up insurance ad a day or two ago.
    That's where I got it. Haven't seen it since, I don't think.

I've seen it on GameFAQs here and there, heh.

I finally got some serious playtime with this game and man it's way better than the Super Famicom version! The only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of variety in the enemies (color swaps), but besides that, the music (my god the music!) and game play were very enjoyable.

I was wondering if anyone noticed how much the game jumped up in price on Ebay? I got mine 2 years ago and I paid $34 (complete) for it, but now on Ebay it sells for $190+!

Hero of Algol

Yep, it was greatly improved compared to the SFC version. The palette swaps hurt my eyes but I can stand that considering the rest of the game. I like how the gameplay seems to be shallow at first but you actually have some possible combinations and IMO the stages are getting cooler through the game.

About the prices... Well, they are going higher and higher every year but since Fukushima's nuclear disaster in Japan most of the sellers really rocketed their prices.
    The second biggest seller for MD stuff applied a 50% increase even for very common games. 100% or more for super cheap games and the likes of 150-200% for rare games.
    That's how I'm seeing it.

Overall, MD and Genesis stuff got an increase of 30-40% all over eBay, no matter what country in the last 2 years.

Moonwalking Forever Wildside Expert SegaMan89's Avatar

Really fun game. Vibrant colors and a great soundtrack
    My modified Genny with Battle Mania Daiginjou

Sega-16: Where the Genesis/MegaDrive lives

Amy Rose in Sonic Shorts volume 4 "Heyyy Sonic, guess who lost their virginity?" Sonic: "Uhh you?" Amy pulls out bottle of chloroform "You did!!!"

Death Adder's minion Sonic Dude's Avatar

Awesome ,Check my review of the Super Famicom review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLLn2Vwq7mA
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138752&dateline=13592  37394

Only 1 player, always the same ennemies and moves. I am going back to play Punisher or Streets of Rage series.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Sonic Dude, I have to admit that I enjoyed your review of the Super Famicom version of the game. As you've rightly pointed out, those that have a fondness for the anime series will most likely enjoy this game. I don't think the game is meant to be a serious beat 'em up. It was probably released to satisfy fans in Japan. At the time, the cartoon series was not only popular in Japan but here in North America as well. So it's not at all surprising that a developer released a videogame based on the series for both the Super Famicom and the Mega Drive. I actually enjoyed playing the Mega Drive version and it does capture the essence of the show: it possesses very similar graphical style and music. Alot of kids, both young girls and young boys alike, watched the show and personally it was refreshing to see a group of female lead protagonists being so popular at the time.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Death Adder's minion Sonic Dude's Avatar

Thanks SEGA.GENESIS1989

A guy is offering me this sega verison for a good price, around 45, there is a stare in the cover in the cartridge and has the game case, do you think I should get it?
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138752&dateline=13592  37394

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Dude View Post
    Thanks SEGA.GENESIS1989

A guy is offering me this sega verison for a good price, around 45, there is a stare in the cover in the cartridge and has the game case, do you think I should get it?

Well Sonic Dude, I would roll the dice and ask the seller if he would consider reducing the cost of the game since the game is missing the manual. As I learnt from my pops, it doesn't hurt to ask. Whether I can afford the cost of an item or not, I always ask.

In this case, there is a high probability that the seller will knock it down by at least $5.00.

$5.00 may not seem like alot in the short term but over time you'll be saving a great deal of money!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Thread Information