Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Venture View Post
    Yuzo would have been nice to have doing music, but whoever did the music in this game did an outstanding job.

Plus the controls are smooth.
    Yuzo Koshiro did do the music...
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yuzo Koshiro did do the music...

Wrong.

http://vgmdb.net/album/14143

Legend of Joe Musashi: SHINOBI Music Collection / レジェンド オブ ジョー・ムサシ SHINOBI 忍 ミュージックコレクション / Legend of Joe Musashi: SHINOBI Music Collection
    レジェンド オブ ジョー・ムサシ SHINOBI 忍 ミュージックコレクション

Disc 2

The Super Shinobi II - Mega Drive *all compositions for the first time
    26 tracks (20-45)
    composed by Masayuki Nagao, Hirofumi Murasaki, Morihiko Akiyama
    The games composers didn't really do much of note,

Hirofumi Murasaki composed Clockwork Knight and the other two; Nagao and Akiyama's only compositions were Super Shinobi II (Shinobi III).
    Last edited by havok666; 01-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by havok666 View Post

Wrong.

http://vgmdb.net/album/14143

Hirofumi Murasaki composed Clockwork Knight and the other two; Nagao and Akiyama's only compositions were Super Shinobi II (Shinobi III).
    lmfao!

damn baloo you walked right into that one!
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

Interesting, it seems a couple of sites (including Wikipedia, who I shouldn't have trusted) give him credit for doing the music in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

VGMDB is the ONLY credible video game music site. Don't even bother with Wiki.

Not to sound condescending or anything but Shinobi III's music sounds absolutely nothing like Yuzo.

Yuzo's style is more funky and electronic while Shinobi III's style is much heavier and rockin' for lack of better words. Round 2-2 "NINJA SOUL" does sound like it was inspired by Yuzo Koshiro's track NINJA STEP.
    Last edited by havok666; 01-23-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Shinobi3 kicks ass, I have yet to beat the game...
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quote Originally Posted by TmEE View Post
    Shinobi3 kicks ass, I have yet to beat the game...
    Yeah, I have yet to figure out the secret of the final boss.

However, I have since learned that you can block most energy attacks by crouching. That will make the game substantially easier next time I go through it, but I hope it doesn't strip too much of the challenge out of it.

for me shinobi 3 is one of those games that i cant put the controller down for the life of me once i pick it up. anytime i pop this game in to compare it or check out a song or experiment or something, or if i check it out on a compilation or something. i always have to play all the way through this one. for me musha is quickly becoming one of those games as well it seems as if musha has almost the perfect length imo.
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

am i weird for liking shadow dancer more?

S3 was a good game, but i just wasn't feeling it. i wanted to like ROS but im not very good at it. Shadow Dancer i was bad ass at.

shadow dancer is nice! i play it with my joystick. i really like how they went back to the arcade style of the original(which i also love).
    -Drakon

I agree it's a good game, but damn hard if your skill levels aren't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by havok666 View Post
    Legend of Joe Musashi: SHINOBI Music Collection / レジェンド オブ ジョー・ムサシ SHINOBI 忍 ミュージックコレクション / Legend of Joe Musashi: SHINOBI Music Collection
    レジェンド オブ ジョー・ムサシ SHINOBI 忍 ミュージックコレクション

Disc 2

The Super Shinobi II - Mega Drive *all compositions for the first time
    26 tracks (20-45)
    composed by Masayuki Nagao, Hirofumi Murasaki, Morihiko Akiyama

Masayuki Nagao is supposed to be Naofumi Hataya in disguise.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

interesting. what other music has he done. shinobi 3 is my favorite soundtrack. it has a few bad songs, and some are reused in later levels(i hate that) but there are a few tracks that ill never forget. has anyone heard the lost track from the 92 version of the game which was pushed back and reworked into the version we all know of today? its pretty good(while not the best). whats the story on why they didnt put it in the improved 93 version? apparently they needed it, or they wouldntve reused tracks. maybe there wasnt enough cart space. damn makes me really wish they wouldve released a sega cd port. as good as the game is it couldve been just a smidgeon better on the sega cd. (without cheesy b rated fmv such as that included in legions)

**edit: just found this, http://info.sonicretro.org/Naofumi_Hataya he's no yuzo but thats a pretty impressive resume

i wonder if akiyama is an alias as well, but for who? michael jackson?
    the games are from the same period in time and hataya worked on sonic 3. maybe michael felt the need to express his true ninja side!!!

**second edit: i wouldve prefered a "super 2d" 32 bit saturn game with beutifull animations and spectacular visuals as opposed to the pre rendered mk style graphics that vic tokai went with. legions is ok though, just dont understand why sega whored out its most beloved franchise to a third party
    Last edited by Nobi; 03-25-2010 at 10:21 PM.
    -Drakon

Shinobi III Return of the Ninja Master was always a cart game for the Mega Drive, but there was actually a Shinobi game intended for the Mega-CD. It was Shinobi X (also known as Shin Shinobi Den and Shinobi Legions), which was finally reworked and released for the Sega Saturn.

And on a side note, the European soundtrack of Shinobi X, composed by Richard Jacques, ranks among the best in the series. The original Japanese/American soundtrack, on the other hand, is a huge pile of crap.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

^ I liked both.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Naofumi_Hataya he's no yuzo but thats a pretty impressive resume
    Shinobi III, Golden Axe II & III, Sonic 3, Hybrid Front, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Sega Rally, ... Agreed!!!
    Last edited by retrospiel; 03-26-2010 at 06:11 AM.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Thread Information