Quantcast

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic 1 will always be the crowning achievement of gaming to ever make me want a video game. Everything about it is great, from the art style to the music to the controls, it all just works. Sure theres a few frustrating parts but no more so then any other game. A top 5 title only surpassed by it's sequel.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Madness Hero's Avatar

Such a great game being forced to take turns when u die not only made me good at sharing but it also made me good at sonic haha. Truely a nestalgic cornerston of my personal developement as a kid with few negative side effect aside from the noise in my head. Am I the only one who has marble zones music permenently droned into their head? The only thing that tunes it out is battle music from any pokemon gameboy game... But thats neither here nor there lol
    "Keep your friends close but get your enemies toaster."

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

"There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Banned by Administrators

I wonder where he got that MIDI version of the track.
    A very wise Mighty Pirate™ once said: "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."

Quote Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
    I wonder where he got that MIDI version of the track.
    It came from the Sonic 1 and 2 soundtrack that was only released in Japan.

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

30 years ago from yesterday, this was Christmas for a number of us. Though it's anniversary was in the summer, a lot of us didn't get around to it until Christmas day.

Still love this one, despite how irritating as Scrap Brain can be

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    30 years ago from yesterday, this was Christmas for a number of us. Though it's anniversary was in the summer, a lot of us didn't get around to it until Christmas day.

Still love this one, despite how irritating as Scrap Brain can be
    we all still enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by bigladiesman View Post
    After all the discussion and debate , I must better be brief. Still a great game even if overshadowed by its sequels. The best graphics seen on MD until then, fast action (with some slowdowns) and some of the most unforgettable chiptunes ever on a videogame. Have it compiled on several CDs. I just don't get why people say this game is hard: I think its principal weakness is its low difficulty.

Sonic as a character is charismatic, but I rather prefer Tails and his fox kit eyes. I never liked his cocky demenour. Still, it's an icon from my childhood and as a fan of his adventures, I'm looking forward to Sonic Mania to get his dignity back. Go, Sonic Team, you can do it.
    5 years after writing this, with Sonic Mania (not by Sonic Team) being a success and the two Sonic feature movies turning out to be huge ticket sellers, I have to say that, in spite of liking quite a lot of games better, I can't help but state without a shadow of a doubt that Sonic the Hedgehog is the game of my life, and the one that made me and defined me as a gamer. It has shaped my tastes on gaming and -partially - even on music.

The Blue Blur is now as alive as he was on 1991-92.
    Last edited by bigladiesman; 08-19-2022 at 12:56 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Xhojn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigladiesman View Post
    5 years after writing this, with Sonic Mania (not by Sonic Team) being a success and the two Sonic feature movies turning out to be huge ticket sellers, I have to say that, in spite of liking quite games better, I can't help but state without a shadow of a doubt that Sonic the Hedgehog is the game of my life, and the one that made me and defined me as a gamer. It has shaped my tastes on gaming and -partially - even on music.

The Blue Blur is now as alive as he was on 1991-92.
    It was Sonic on the Master System that made me fall in love with the series, the comic we had in the UK and the cartoon added to it before I got my Mega Drive with the Sonic Compilation that was bundled with it.

Thread Information