Quantcast

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage

Default Streets of Rage

Axel, Blaze, and Adam are three bad ass ex-cops who are taking it to the streets so they can make an attempt to clean the city up of all the smelly, good for nothing punks that are polluting the area. A madman named Mr. X is at the head of all this troublesome turmoil in the big city, and he is also the trio's main nemesis. But to get to Mr. X, the bold threesome must first make it through stages consisting of seemingly endless streets, towering elevators, a beach that never sleeps, and a few other not so welcoming places.

Read the review.
    Last edited by Melf; 09-02-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

classic game , deserves more then a 6/10
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by streetsofrage View Post
    classic game , deserves more then a 6/10
    I agree, this was the game that really perked my retro interest in the series a few years back. I actually like this game a little more than the sequel, since Adam is a cooler character than his kid brother and Axel isn't quite as sluggish as in the SoR2. Also, I love calling in the back-up cop to blow away the thugs with a bazooka blast! I really wish they had brought that feature back for the other series installments.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

This is pretty much a perfect game. I've been playing it for more than 17 years now, and it just never gets boring.

The other games in the series aren't really much better, just different.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Meh, I think a 6 out of 10 is right. The game is good, but its a jack-of-all-trades. Everything in the game (the gameplay, graphics, sound) is decent, but its not anything special really. The only thing the game had going for it at the time was co-op simultaneous 2-player against Final Fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

I agree, SOR is a jack of all trades too. It's better than it's SMS counterpart but still suffers from repetitiveness. It's not as the original Final Fight game.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

i got this game for Christmas and i had a blast , great music beat it many times , its not repetitive when you do moves with your teammate
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by streetsofrage View Post
    i got this game for Christmas and i had a blast , great music beat it many times , its not repetitive when you do moves with your teammate
    That's the angle I was coming at too. I've only played this game all the way through with a partner. And it's great that way. The multiple endings (good & evil) is a great touch that I wish more games offered.

Level 6 Rocket Knight Raging in the Streets jerry coeurl's Avatar

The best music of any game ever. Maybe. Either way, it's way up there.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    If Sega making condoms,I will to one-night-stands in every night~

SEGA Representer. Outrunner MrX's Avatar

First game i ever played on a Mega Drive, I remember playing it for hours and hours. I also owe this game as it made me fight as a kid and make music as a adult. I still play it now and i own multiple copies on various consoles. Most recently bought it for my 3GS and i love it still. Kudos to SEGA and the team behind it, I would love a HD update of SOR for XboxLive

Mod 1 Segaphile Wildside Expert St Louie Bee's Avatar

I hate to burst anyone's nostalgia bubble, I mean I love Final Fight and I play it all the time on SCD, but it is every bit as repetitive as as SOR. Pretty much all beat 'em ups are. Some are better; FF and SOR are definitely at the top of the heap, but no matter what bonus stages (my car!) or different locations (both have downtown, factory, elevator, and dance club) you are still doing the same thing. Walking from left to right beating up the same people level after level. At least in SOR they turned down the difficulty slightly so you can try to execute some differnt moves instead of just attacking as fast as possible!

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

16-bit Lover Nameless One

I recall playing this game its an awesome beat'em up way better than final fight 1 in comparison. What makes it unique is the special that is only present in this game that allows you to call for back up, helps you get out of a tight jam.

I wished they had incorporated that feature in the other Streets of Rage especially when your getting your arse handed to you in SOR 3.

A 6/10? Noob...

16-bit Lover Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    A 6/10? Noob...
    To this forum yes, to games NO.

It's Mathmatics Master of Shinobi 64k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrX View Post
    I also owe this game as it made me fight as a kid and make music as a adult.
    and they same games don't influence children!

it did teach me the awesomness of a well placed headbutt!

Thread Information