Quantcast

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Streets of Rage II

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

First choice character to play as for me is always Max. He is lethal in the right hands. As has already been mentioned his lack of speed is made up for by his slide tackle and devastating power. Get behind an opponent to atomic drop the bastard, and watch it wipe out his whole life bar. Max is a beast and I just wish he was in SOR3.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Yohko16's Avatar

Each character is worth playing while offering an experience distinctive enough, quite the achievement.

Best 16-bit beat 'em up in my opinion along with Bare Knuckle III

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Just played through this masterpiece again tonight using Max on the hardest difficulty setting. I can always get the wrestling powerhouse to the last level before he's defeated, and then I finish what's left of the game using Axel. God, the music in this game is so fucking good, especially when coming out of the speakers of my 25'' Wharfedale CRT TV!

Yeah, in the hands of a skilled player, Max is unquestionably the most powerful character in Sor2.

I prefer the fast-but-weak characters ( Guy, Blaze, Lt.Kurosawa etc. ) myself, though.
    [ QCF, HCB + K ]

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

From the Mega Drive...
    World changing, closed first action...
    Bare Knuckle II (The Requiem of the Deadly Battle)

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Haha awesome. The Japanese certainly knew how to make video game commercials back then, didn't they?

The live action stuff like this and the SNK ones for Fatal Fury etc are fantastic. The way they respect the source material to a tee is almost surreal 😍

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    From the Mega Drive...
    World changing, closed first action...
    Bare Knuckle II (The Requiem of the Deadly Battle)
    That was fantastic!

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yohko16 View Post
    Each character is worth playing while offering an experience distinctive enough, quite the achievement.
    Yeah, the only arcade beat 'em up I know of that pulls this off(and I know of just about every one that can be emulated) is Guardians/Denjin Makai II, and it has twice the playable roster(released in arcades in '95, so still a year after SoR3 even).

Personally, I don't know if I'll ever move on from Normal, partly because I just like to press Start and go, and partly because I still can't consistently beat normal with 9 or more lives left. Probably shouldn't move onto higher difficulties until you can do that.

Honestly, I think Axel is basically the starter character, then once you're better at the game, the character selection from left to right is easiest to hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    Yeah, the only arcade beat 'em up I know of that pulls this off(and I know of just about every one that can be emulated) is Guardians/Denjin Makai II, and it has twice the playable roster(released in arcades in '95, so still a year after SoR3 even).

Personally, I don't know if I'll ever move on from Normal, partly because I just like to press Start and go, and partly because I still can't consistently beat normal with 9 or more lives left. Probably shouldn't move onto higher difficulties until you can do that.

Honestly, I think Axel is basically the starter character, then once you're better at the game, the character selection from left to right is easiest to hardest.
    I've beaten it on hardest with the 9 lives maxed out. I only played it on mania a handful of times, years ago. It was silly hard.

Thread Information