Quantcast

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Streets of Rage II

SEGA Representer. Outrunner MrX's Avatar

I will always remember streets of rage 2 for being the best. I loved the first one so much that when i actually played the 2nd i could not believe how much better it was. You have to remember that when i was getting these games that there was no youtube or SEGA websites to go on and check out what it was going to be like, i just had to wait and see. Sure there was magazines but theres only so much a small still can tell you.

I remember coming home from school busting to have it and when i got in it wasn't there, my mum explained she had been to all the local game shops and they had all sold out. I had to wait a extra 3 or 4 days and it felt like years!

Everyone bangs on about bring back sonic, for me SEGA need to bring back this more than the hedgehog..

oh by the way now i have all 3 or the SOR series i have to say, overall i prefer BK3. I believe most people prefer SOR2 because of the timing.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by acdc View Post
    THE ONE THE ONLY 2D BEAT EM UP
    IN HISTORY FOR ME

I LOVE THIS ONE

but burn part 3 to the ground
    What? Part 3 is amazing... it added extra attacks/moves. Plus, the graphics are just as good as the previous two. Gameplay as well... what's there not to like?

Part 1 has the best music, part 2 is next, and I would say 3 is last.

Death Adder's minion Curious Sofa's Avatar

I love Streets of Rage 3, possibly more than 2 but it's a toughie. If for no other reason, then just for Dr. Zan and his crazy robotic moves. And the weird shout he makes while you're grappling / beehatch slapping an opponent. The music isn't as good as SOR2, but I like the gameplay better. And plus, you get to play as Shiva or the Kangaroo, bonus! Great, great, great game.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Sofa View Post
    I love Streets of Rage 3, possibly more than 2 but it's a toughie. If for no other reason, then just for Dr. Zan and his crazy robotic moves. And the weird shout he makes while you're grappling / beehatch slapping an opponent. The music isn't as good as SOR2, but I like the gameplay better. And plus, you get to play as Shiva or the Kangaroo, bonus! Great, great, great game.
    lol for all the reasons you like SOR 3 I consider weaknesses.
    Zan sucks
    The Roo really sucks umm.. could we have had Adam perhaps?
    Music is atrocious
    Shiva is ok with me
    SOR 2 is da best easily

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    lol for all the reasons you like SOR 3 I consider weaknesses.
    Zan sucks
    The Roo really sucks umm.. could we have had Adam perhaps?
    Music is atrocious
    Shiva is ok with me
    SOR 2 is da best easily
    exactly. I hate zan, why him instead of adam?? why skate instead of adam?? the fact that adam is present in two and three but not playable drives me crazy. except my favorite is the first one but the second is still easily one of my favorite genesis games

Yarr chummers...Norbert from shadowrun here.

This is a very good game but there are some things that bother the hell outta me.

1)The special attack does not make you invincible. This flaw sticks out like a sore thumb in the later levels, when you're trying to fuck up a stronger enemy and some chump smacks you in the back.

2)When an enemy grabs you from the back, you can't execute the special attack and free yourself and you get fucked up by the second enemy. Whatta shit load of fuck!

These flaws are annoying as hell, and were fixed in part 3, hence proving once more why SoR3 is a better game in terms of game play.

4/5
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Watch your back, shoot straight, and never cut a deal with the dragon. (from Shadowrun)

If you get grabbed from behind, repeatedly mash the regular attack button to flip sides and duplex the punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

oh ok...will try that. thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Watch your back, shoot straight, and never cut a deal with the dragon. (from Shadowrun)

What? Shir is gone? Raging in the Streets StarMist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curryman123 View Post
    1)The special attack does not make you invincible. This flaw sticks out like a sore thumb in the later levels, when you're trying to fuck up a stronger enemy and some chump smacks you in the back.2)When an enemy grabs you from the back, you can't execute the special attack and free yourself and you get fucked up by the second enemy. Whatta shit load of fuck!
    (1)That's all the chumps are good for, should they be totally impotent?(2)Press forward and attack to kick the enemy who's still before you, then forward and attack again to flip-throw the bloke who's caught you forward. Don't forget you have your rear attack to get them before they grab you (I know it's not always convenient).

The best SOR in my opinion and i will never forget the part at the end of the first level where you step out the rear of the club into the rain,it sets the atmosphere real good for the boss

has to be the best game on the megadrive for me i can play this game over and over truly love this game.

Master of Shinobi NostalgicMachine's Avatar

EPIC BUMP! (but this particular game deserves it).

Quote Originally Posted by stevejigga View Post
    has to be the best game on the megadrive for me i can play this game over and over truly love this game.
    Precisely. This is side-scrolling beat 'em up ecstasy at its finest. Nothing like dusting off the cart and working your way up to beating the game on hardest, and eventually mania mode. Gameplay, control, level design, music...everything is 10/10!

Playing through on hard now; I never, ever get sick of this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    There is nothing wrong with liking more than one system. What's gotten lost in this video game phenomenon is simply the love for playing games. Who cares if a game is on the NES, SNES or Genesis? Do you like the game?

That's all that really matters at the end of the day.

Super Sexy Sega Master of Shinobi cowboyscowboys's Avatar

Greatest game of all-time with infinite replayability.
    Beat Em Up- Streets of Rage 2
    Platformer- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
    Run and Gun- Gunstar Heroes
    Adventure- Story of Thor
    Action- Shinobi 3

Master of Shinobi NostalgicMachine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys View Post
    Greatest game of all-time with infinite replayability.
    +1,000,000.

Still working on Mania mode. Anyone beaten it with all characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    There is nothing wrong with liking more than one system. What's gotten lost in this video game phenomenon is simply the love for playing games. Who cares if a game is on the NES, SNES or Genesis? Do you like the game?

That's all that really matters at the end of the day.

It is a cracking game indeed. Great to play on an arcade machine too. The gameplay style lends itself very nicely to joystick and buttons as opposed to the joypad. It was released as part of Sega's Mega-Play arcade system (basically a coin-operated mega drive in an arcade machine, choice of four games to play, credits bought lives - had 2 monitors in it like Nintendo's Playchoice10 - remember them?).

But, whilst I know it's better than SoR1 on a technicality and refinement, for some reason, mainly sentimental I guess, I still prefer to play through Sof1 when chilling out. I actually prefer the music in SoR1 too.
    Keep up to date with The Opus Science Collective:

OSC Online
    OSC Facebook
    OSC Twitter
    OSC Google+
    OSC SoundCloud
    OSC YouTube

Thread Information