Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twinkle Tale

Death Adder's minion

I would really like this game its looks fantastic but the high price tag has always put me off.I ended up buying Elemental master instead which is a good substitute if you cannot bear to spend over 100 on a single game

Bought this today, looking forward to it's arrival!

I♥Mikuru Asahina Outrunner Tasuke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    Bought this today, looking forward to it's arrival!

wish i could say the same!! looks like the kind of game that would fit just perfectly into my collection!

alas, there is but one copy on EBAY ATM, asking nearly $200!!
    ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Alright guys so after not only receiving my copy today but also beating it in the same day, lol. I can say that this game really matches the review giving to it. The game is VERY generous with power-ups laying in many areas of the levels. The challenge is kinda of hard but it's those type of challenges where you know it's fair and makes you keep going til you get it, I love challenges like that. You want to stay on you're toes tho cause the screen well be filled with enemies in many places. I really enjoyed the suspense of being brought to the final boss, seriously it's awesome when you get to him.

Above all, this is truly an enjoyable game and would recommend it to you 16-bit lovers and STRONGLY recommand it to shmup fans. Check it out and have it a go on an emualtor or any type of way that well let you play it. I found it very fun with lots of replay value.

9.5/10

Last edited by Thunderblaze16; 03-31-2012 at 01:51 AM.
    ***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

ya this is a solid game. I just played it on emulator. I think I will beat it later.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Watch your back, shoot straight, and never cut a deal with the dragon. (from Shadowrun)

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

I agree! This game should have been released outside of Japan! The bosses are a little intimating at first until you figure out their bullet pattern and movement! But part of that fear has to deal with the size of the bosses! That spider made me sweat buckets! The design of the levels are nice and clean and the game offers a variety of characters to desicimate! I especially enjoyed the boss battles! Considering this was done by a relatively unknown developer, they did a fantastic job! I periodically died because I found myself admiring the design of the colorful background and sprites! Damn you Wonder Amusement Studio! Or should I say bless you?
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Raging in the Streets Thunderblaze16's Avatar

Here you go folks, the entire ost in high sound quality, surprised only one other guy uploaded the ost but hey, the more awareness the better reputation for it.

***Visualshock! Speedshock! Soundshock! Now is time to the 68000 heart on fire!***
    http://ban-game-4.gamewise.co/musha-metallic-uniframe-super-hybrid-armor_banner65-61867-full.jpeg

Old Sega is where it's at Wildside Expert Mykale's Avatar

almost tempted to pay 200 lol

I've been at the cusp of putting a cap to my Sega collection - however I had nearly forgotten one of my lesser OCDs: even numbers. Again, I'm considering grabbing just one more game to make my shelf, in my mind's eye, balanced; and a friend recommended this game:

In learning about Twinkle Tale's obscure development as WAS's only ill-fated entry in the gaming market and seemingly a brilliant one-hit wonder by this site's standards, I'm intrigued even though another SHMUP was not the genre I was looking to conclude with; not that it's a bad thing of course.

However, in finding this game incredibly attractive in it's design, game-play and development history - I'm hesitant upon one gaming factor I always find puzzling and often infuriating with games that just seem so darn good: why is there no multi-player?!

Is this a limitation technically that I'm just ignorant of? Why are all of the SHMUPS I play a one man's perilous journey?

I'd say technical limitations of the hardware followed by co-op being a feature (I'd assume) rarely utilized in such games to make it worth optimizing for it. Better to focus on the one-player experience, minimize slowdown, and litter the screen with threats than to dial it all back just to put another player on the screen.

The developer would also have to balance the game for two people as well. Ever play 4-player GigaWing 2? It's just a mess. You breeze right through due to all the friendly fire power. Multi-player in shoot-em ups seems to be more of a concession than a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    I'd say technical limitations of the hardware followed by co-op being a feature (I'd assume) rarely utilized in such games to make it worth optimizing for it. Better to focus on the one-player experience, minimize slowdown, and litter the screen with threats than to dial it all back just to put another player on the screen.

The developer would also have to balance the game for two people as well. Ever play 4-player GigaWing 2? It's just a mess. You breeze right through due to all the friendly fire power. Multi-player in shoot-em ups seems to be more of a concession than a requirement.
    I appreciate the clarification - as I had just stumbled upon this game (and find it really remarkable) had been comparing it to similar titles such as Pocky and Rocky on the SNES; further with a quality game as Twinkle Tale, a 2-player mode would have just been a sure-thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lync View Post
    I appreciate the clarification - as I had just stumbled upon this game (and find it really remarkable) had been comparing it to similar titles such as Pocky and Rocky on the SNES; further with a quality game as Twinkle Tale, a 2-player mode would have just been a sure-thing for me.
    I understand the Pocky and Rocky comparisons. I really would love to pick up a copy of this. Hopefully soon!

Either I've become blind, or the Twinkle Tale review is gone from the site. Did it get revoked or lost in an update or something?

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

No, you haven't lost your mind or eyesight -- the review was pulled by request of the original author, for whatever reason. My post here has the list of affected reviews, i.e. the ones by that author:

Genesis/MD: Gain Ground, Shining Force, Twinkle Tale, Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen
    Sega CD: Robo Aleste, Starblade

I'm hoping/planning to do a Gain Ground review sometime this year.

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

This game, and the Kiki Kaikai series, they remind me so much of each other, must be why I love them.Wish this game had gotten a sequel, like the KK series, but sadly, was not meant to be. All of them, brilliant games, and loads of challenge. I've said in the past, I love quirky games, this one fits the bill, and like the KK games, is absolutely bonkers in price these days, such a shame.

Thread Information