Quantcast

Thread: Fire & Ice

Master System Fire & Ice

Platformers were all the rage during the early '90s, and in some places, the Master System was still getting new releases. Tec Toy's version of Fire & Ice tried to give the machine some new blood, but it the gameplay left more people cold than hot. Still, it's not a bad game and one worth checking out if you're a fan of Master System imports. Read our full review for more details.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

I've have this game for the Amiga CD32. I thought it was a solid enough platformer.

So, judging from the review score, don't be in a hurry to track down the Master System version? Got ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Synth music girl Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Speedy's Avatar

Never knew this game got a Master System port, I thought it was exclusively on PCs and the CD32. I was probably better off not knowing about this though because I went to look up music and I don't think "high pitched and tinny" says enough about how grating it is to listen to. I'm pretty sure that anyone with access to a tracker could make something better than this.

This was the same case as Battletoads in Battlemaniacs for the Master System. Both were scheduled for an European 1994 release by Virgin but were cancelled because of waning European Master System market which was in downfall during that year (and completely collapsed in 1995 with essentially no new European releases apart of Sonic Spinball, Speedy Gonzales and The Smurfs). Fire & Ice does seem unpolished but Battletoads in Battlemaniacs is even worse than this. I guess TecToy acquired both games from Virgin in the same deal and no matter if the games weren't properly finished because of being cancelled before reaching the final production builds. They also got an unreleased Master System version of Dynamite Headdy from Sega, scheduled for release in Europe in 1995, and at least that turned out to be a far more finished and polished game than the Virgin ones. The rest of exclusive Brazilian games were either original TecToy productions or cheap Game Gear to Master System conversions done by them.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert OmegaMax's Avatar

Owned this on cd32,generic platformer on any system.

Thread Information