Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD)

Default Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD)

Lethal Enforcers is one of the finest shooting games ever made. It's the predecessor to games like Virtua Cop, Time Crisis, and House of the Dead, without it, these games simply would not exist. The game is simply spectacular; the graphics are stunning, and the sound is amazing.

Raging in the Streets A Black Falcon's Avatar

So uh... does the CD version of this game actually add anything of note versus the cart original? I have this, but it basically feels like the cart on a CD...

ICE HOCKEY BY ACTIVISION! The Sports Guy's Avatar

I don't believe so, other than the one I have comes with the big box with the Justifier. (AND IT WAS SEALED AND I OPENED IT - WHAT WAS I THINKING!). The second one is a lot better.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    So uh... does the CD version of this game actually add anything of note versus the cart original? I have this, but it basically feels like the cart on a CD...
    The voices/sfx (and, obviously, the music) are much better on the CD version.
    And, seriously, I can't stand the Genesis version due to its annoying sound, so the CD version is a relief and the one to go IMO.

But, yes, the second game is much better and the CD version has a cheat to enable blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Lethal Enforcers is one of the finest shooting games ever made. It's the predecessor to games like Virtua Cop, Time Crisis, and House of the Dead, without it, these games simply would not exist.
    That hyperbole is misleading and inaccurate.
    Lethal Enforcers is no more the predecessor to Virtua Cop etc, than Duck Hunt, Operation Wolf, Crossbow, or any other number of light gun games are.
    The predecessor to them all is the classic electro-mechanical shooting galleries which used to be common at amusememt parks and beach-side boardwalks.

I've never played any of the cart versions but I've read this CD version has the finest audio. I have no complaints about the graphics or enemies I like the look and feel of the game. One review boasts "The graphics are simply amazing!"

Its a shame that the 2nd player gun is so damn expensive and pink.

Also odd that you need a regular controller in port 1 and the 1st player gun controller in port 2. Then plug in the 2nd player gun controller into the base of the 1st player gun controller, and you've got wires everywhere.

The gameplay straightforward and is fairly difficult a good challenge.

Does the game actually save your high score data?
    Last edited by Creek Indian; 12-08-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    W E L C O
    M E T O T
    H E N E X
    T
    L E V E L

Wildside Expert

I am a great fan of Lethal Enforcers and the Genesis / Sega CD versions were really good, although lacking colour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sports Guy View Post
    I don't believe so, other than the one I have comes with the big box with the Justifier. (AND IT WAS SEALED AND I OPENED IT - WHAT WAS I THINKING!). The second one is a lot better.
    I think the whole point of video games is to play them - a sealed game isn't really of much use and ultimately it is highly debatable whether considering inflation etc. games can be viable investments in the long run.
    Mega Drive 1 Pal G ('High Definition Graphics - Stereo Sound' model / VA4 / no-TMSS)
    Mods: switchable 50 & 60hz | switchable ENG & JAP | line out audio | enlarged cartridge slot

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by MtothaJ View Post
    I am a great fan of Lethal Enforcers and the Genesis / Sega CD versions were really good, although lacking colour.

I think the whole point of video games is to play them - a sealed game isn't really of much use and ultimately it is highly debatable whether considering inflation etc. games can be viable investments in the long run.
    +1

If someone collects sealed games just cause, more power to them, but I think it's the wrong idea.

I've seen sealed copies for $40-$50. A sealed copy would be great your the first one to ever put you germs on the justifier and it should contain a prestine poster or
    two.
    W E L C O
    M E T O T
    H E N E X
    T
    L E V E L

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

This is one of my favourite shoot-em-ups along with it's sequel Lethal Enforcers 2: Gun Fighters. Some fantastic CD quality music and sound effects, as you'd expect from the Mega CD port, compliment the non-stop bad guy blasting light gun action. Be warned though, your finger will get very tired! "Situation under control, unit five out."

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Lethal Enforcers is one of the finest shooting games ever made. It's the predecessor to games like Virtua Cop, Time Crisis, and House of the Dead, without it, these games simply would not exist. The game is simply spectacular; the graphics are stunning, and the sound is amazing.
    I feel really sorry for this reviewer. He seems really into the game, yet he's using the controller to play!! I hope he's since been able to buy a Justifier...

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingRyle View Post
    I feel really sorry for this reviewer. He seems really into the game, yet he's using the controller to play!! I hope he's since been able to buy a Justifier...
    The Justifier is the only way to play the Lethal Enforcer games. The controller is just too slow and loses the whole point and feel of playing such an arcade game.

My father bought this game when I was a kid and it was some promo that had the pink gun too. I let my cousin borrow it and it end up getting stolen and my father beat my ass relentlessly that night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    My father bought this game when I was a kid and it was some promo that had the pink gun too. I let my cousin borrow it and it end up getting stolen and my father beat my ass relentlessly that night.
    Damn that's harsh. Sorry to hear that mate. Yeah I want to get the pink Justifier to go with my blue gun but they sell for silly prices on ebay.

The medium-sized mang. Raging in the Streets Lastcallhall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Drive Bowlsey View Post
    Yeah I want to get the pink Justifier to go with my blue gun but they sell for silly prices on ebay.
    You can make a 2nd player gun out of a 1st player gun. It involves soldering three wires and getting a specific phone cord to connect the two.

Thread Information