Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snatcher

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    game is very expensive though. do you think it's worth the money compared to snatcher?
    No.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I thought she called Gillian from her home or work.. and it wasn't until later where you see the Snatchers in the vidphone..
    Its been a while I don't remember, and I'm not in the mood to watch through an hour long youtube vid.
    no. she calls him from kremlin thing, as is evidenced also by the snow9

Quote Originally Posted by agostinhobaroners View Post
    No.

thanks I won't bother then unless I find it cheaply. did you ever play rise of the dragon or dune for sega cd?

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    thanks I won't bother then unless I find it cheaply. did you ever play rise of the dragon or dune for sega cd?
    Rise of the Dragon is good but the graphics are kinda disappointing. Mouse is a must IMO.

Dune I have played just a bit but looks very interesting and it's only of the longest games on the Sega CD. 10+ hours of playing I think but that type of game that will take weeks IMO.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

dune caught me up so much I played it for days at end, until I finished it(which was hard at the end), it caught me up the likes of skyrim, shenmue, snatcher, saga, new horizons and fallout could only do really. I couldn't believe how awesome it was. a guy on a forum suggested me the title and man was it great. it has everything you would really want in a game imo. great story, freedom, strategy, music, atmosphere and it's not very easy either. an overwhelming game and a mixture of genres that's really a hit this one. 9/10 easily.

I agree with rise of the dragon. but I liked the atmosphere and story enough. 7 or 8/10 I'd say

Its the one Game which Overpowers all its little flaws with a sh*tload of charme, a great story, loveable characters, and a superb art style.
    It steals from the right sources, its a hommage to a lot of cool stuff around that time.

You can feel the passion involved creating this game, on every second you play it. No matter if its the story writing, the graphics or even the localization (Neo Kobe Pizza, anyone?)
    This makes the Game I would always put on my Pole Positions of Games I own. Right beside the Blue Blur 16bitters, for complete different reasons.

If my Copy would get destroyed/lost, I would get another one. Not regretting the paid price for a second.
    If you havent played this Game, do it on an emulator and feel the urge creeping up to own a real copy.

/fanboyism

Sports Talker

OK I finally played this game after wanting to play it for YEARS. I finally just said fuckit and played it on Kega Fusion. Yes, it is quite great. You know all those little easter-eggs kojima puts in the metal gear games? Snatcher is like one giant game of kojima easter-eggs. If you like fully exploring video-game worlds you will find this game very rewarding, there is a lot of cool stuff to find. The graphics and music are fantastic. Easily some of the best for the genesis/sega CD and of the 16-bit era. The music and sound effects were kind of similar to the metal gear games I thought. and there are a lot of similarities in plot development and supporting character roles to other kojima games (like how you have to go through another character to save the game and some of the plot twist elements).

Act 1 is really the best, because it allows you the most freedom to explore. It really effectively creates the illusion that you are doing detective work. It's really cool. Act 2 is more linear. Act 3 is just clicking though a sequence of events with no exploration really available. But Metal Gear Solid was basically like this too. My only complaint is some of the more difficult shooting sequences. Of the few "insector" battles you have to play through, the first is just sort of introductory and super easy. I was obviously just playing with a controller but the act 2 and 3 insector battles are NOT easy. I just found them really frustrating and not fun. maybe it was because I playing on an emulator I dunno.

Also I will echo baloo's comments on lack of a real boss fight at the end. the dude's speech goes on way to long, you keep thinking there is going to be a boss fight and then there is none. :/ it was kind of unsatisfying. it would have made sense if there was another boss fight like when you fight the chief.

It'd be really great to see Kojima revisit this game someday. A sort of "update" sequel like how the metal gear games essentially repeat the same premise but with new character and story elements would be a cool thing to see with snatcher.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Came across this review while reading an old Gamepro magazine today. Figured I'd leave it here in case anyone is interested.

Thread Information