Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien 3

Death Adder's minion

Default loved this game

always loved this game i just thought it was always soo fun

jeremy.

I picked this up complete yesterday. I remember seeing this at a friends house who had rented it or something, so I only got to play it a few times as a kid. But sometimes that's just enough to spark some childhood memory.

This one is a lot of a fun. The original reviewer gave it a 7. I'd go even higher. This game to me, looking back today is what Genesis was all about. It doesn't boast the beautiful colors that SNES would. But it doesnt need to because it's a dark looking smooth control type of a game. The instruction booklet even mentions the word rape. I'm sure the SNES censors woulda cut that out.
    Last edited by genesisguy; 04-04-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

The instruction manual also unnecessarily puts a lot of things in "quotes."

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    The instruction manual also unnecessarily puts a lot of things in "quotes."
    Huh?

From the manual:

The Grenade Launcher and The Hand Grenades are so powerful that you will find their result to be more "immediate" then that of the Machine Gun or Flame Thrower. Don't be afraid to "let loose" with your weapons on the Aliens.

You know the drill . . . seek and destroy, but keep alert. There is no "time to relax" in this game.

Secret rooms might be holding rewards or hiding dangers, but there is no way of finding out unless you "go for it."

Who ever wrote this manual was "kind of an idiot."

Its a Damn Good Game!

Wildside Expert

I've just played through almost the whole game in one sitting and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The music and atmosphere only get better as you progress. I think the time limit is a stupid feature. Luckily it can removed with a cheat. It really should have had passwords too. I've played alot of the SNES version and it definitely isn't inferior. I'd say it's about as good with but better effects, a darker design and much bleaker music.

Awesome game, i made a wallpaper of the game recently..
    http://hgutl.com/alien-3/

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    It's a good thing then, that Genesis controllers are so inexpensive.

The hell they are! Been looking around for an original 6-button pad lately, and sellers often want $25+ for them.

I'll sell you one for twenty.

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Tried this out today and it's a nice idea but there are 2 major things wrong with this game. 1 the forced hits from the aliens, you seriously can't avoid them and have to take some hits no matter what which is annoying and 2 the terribly unresponsive ladders. It's so damn hard to mount or dismount the ladders sometimes which really sucks when you're on a timer.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djshok View Post
    Tried this out today and it's a nice idea but there are 2 major things wrong with this game. 1 the forced hits from the aliens, you seriously can't avoid them and have to take some hits no matter what which is annoying and 2 the terribly unresponsive ladders. It's so damn hard to mount or dismount the ladders sometimes which really sucks when you're on a timer.
    The reason you are finding this game difficult is that you just started playing this game. If you are playing the game legitimately (without the aid of a cheat device), it will take you some time to (1) figure out the quickest path to the exit and (2) learn how to use the various tools at your disposal to take out those pesky aliens: You must learn when and how to use the machine gun, flame thrower, grenade launcher, and grenades. The one thing that I initially did not like was the fact that this game utilized a timer. I simply could not understand why quite a number of people enjoyed this game. It was only after i played this game several times that I soon realized that it came down to my mindset. If you believe that you will to beat this in one sitting, you might as well pull the game cartridge out from the console and play an easier title. It isn't your typical platformer. The fact of the matter is that your biggest enemy is the timer. To me, the timer was the stage boss. The aliens are simply it's henchmen that are there to slow you down or kill you. Expect to get slaughtered each and every time until you learn the level layouts, enemy placement, location of all the hostages, and the fastest route to get to the exit. I must say that it is very satisfying when you finally make it to the stage exit and can do so in record time!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Official 6 buttons controllers are ridiculously expensive.....the cheapest I found was (with shipping fee) something like 35 euros. Which I was reluctant to buy. A few days later, I found an almost mint one though unboxed in a local used store for...7 euros.

WCPO Agent

I did not care for this game.

Alien 3 is still one of my favorite games on the Genny. TBH, even to this day, I haven't played an Aliens-themed game that I've enjoyed more.

Thread Information